How To Pair Amplicomms BigTel 1480 Amplified Telephone with Amplicomms BigTel 1201 Handset
Monday, 22 November 2021 | Eugene
To sync your Amplicomms BigTel 1480 Amplified Telephone with an Amplicomms BigTel 1201 Additional Handset, simply follow these instructions:
Note: Before beginning the pairing steps below, set the date and time on each additional handset you wish to pair. The handset menu cannot be accessed until this is completed.
- Press the "Menu" button on the corded 1480 base station (denoted by three lines shown below)
- After pressing the "Menu" button, scroll using the "Up-Down" keys on the corded base (shown below) until you reach "Registration".
- Press the "Menu" key to enter registration mode. The message "Please Wait" will appear on the screen. The base in now awaiting registration of cordless handsets.
- Find your additional 1201 cordless handset, and press the "OK" button (shown below).
- Scroll using the "Up-Down" keys (shown below) until you reach "Settings", then press the "OK" button.
- Using the "Up-Down" keys, scroll until you reach "Handset Settings", then press the "OK" button.
- Using the "Up-Down" keys, scroll until you reach "Register Handset", then press the "OK" button.
- Base 1 (referring to your 1480 base) will appear as default on the handset screen. Press "OK" button to confirm.
- The 1201 handset will now prompt you for a PIN number. Enter "0000" as your PIN, and the display will show as "Registering".
- The handset will then register to the main 1480 base unit (the process will take 10 - 30 seconds). Once complete, the display on the 1201 handset will read "BT1480"
Which Phones Does This Apply To?
These instructions apply to the Amplicomms BigTel 1480 Amplified Telephone and Amplicomms BigTel 1201 Handset, and any bundles of the two. This includes:
Stay Connected with Amplicomms
Amplicomms products are designed to make it as easy as possible for the hard of hearing and the elderly to stay connected with loved ones, and we're trying to facilitate this process as much as we can. If you'd like to see more of what Amplicomms has to offer, please visit our Amplicomms Amplified Telephones page.
Do you have a question, or something to add about your experiences with Amplicomms phones? Feel free to leave us a message in the comments section below!