Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Cordless Phone
The Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Cordless Phone is an ergonomic and easy-to-use phone, designed for people with hearing or cognitive impairments. Fitted with hearing aid compatibility and the option of saving up to nine numbers on the base, this amplified phone will provide the user with a quick and easy way of contacting loved ones and emergency services.
- 1 x Base station
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 1 x AC power adaptor
- 3 x NiMH rechargeable battery
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User's manual
- Receiver Volume: Up to 50dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 80dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Power cord
- SOS button
- Caller ID
How Loud Is This AmpliDECT 595?
The AmpliDECT 595 features a maximum receiving volume of 50dB (16x louder than a standard phone), three-level tone control and hearing aid compatibility. The volume of the ringer is fully adjustable (five levels plus the mute setting), and the phone offers five polyphonic and five normal extra-loud ringtones on the handset. There are also five extra-loud ringtones on the base, ensuring the phone can be heard.
Is This Phone Easy to Use by the Elderly?
The AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Telephone is designed to be easy to use even for those who might find using a traditional cordless phone overwhelming. If the handset is on the base station, all you need to do to answer a call is to pick up the handset. If the handset is not on the charging cradle, you'll need to press either the green button or the speaker button to answer a call (two speaker button presses activates speakerphone).
How Do I Set It Up?
The process of setting up this Cordless Amplified Telephone is very straightforward. All you need to do is:
- Plug the adaptor into a wall socket, and the line cord into a telephone jack or a DSL filter (not included).
- On the handset, insert the battery pack (included) in the battery compartment and replace the cover.
- Charge the handset by placing it face forward in the base. Charge the batteries for at least 12 hours when charging for the first time.
You can learn more about how to set up the cordless telephone by viewing the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
How Do I Use the Photo Buttons?
The base comes with 10 photo buttons, which allows you to call those closest to you by pressing a single button. You can use this easy-to-use template to upload your own pictures, and then print them out in the right size for the photo phone buttons.
The base is equipped with photo buttons for easier dialling
How Many Additional Handsets Can I Connect to the Base?
The Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Photo Amplified Cordless Telephone allows you to connect up to four additional handsets. The base is compatible with this Extra Handset (one of which can be added to your order using the tick box near the top of this page.
To make pairing up the base with extra handsets easier and more affordable for you, we've prepared four money-saving bundles that include:
How Is the AmpliDECT 595 Telephone Powered?
The base needs to be connected to a mains via the power adaptor included with this purchase. The handset comes with a rechargeable battery pack. The battery will last for two days on standby, and allows for 10 hours of continuous talk time.
Is the Phone Suitable for People with Visual Impairments?
The 34 x 40mm LCD high-contrast display is illuminated with a white backlight to ensure visibility in every condition. With a choice of seven languages (English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese) and a character size of 7mm, this phone allows full and easy usability.
Does This Phone Include an Answering Machine?
As well as making phone calls easier, the AmpliDECT 595 also features a built-in answering machine. The answering machine has 30 minutes of recording time. Messages can be deleted individually or all at once and feature a timestamp for easier management.
Does the Answering Machine Provide the Date and Time of Messages?
Yes, the answering machine included with this product does state the date and time that each message was left.
Features and Benefits
- Fitted with a big button keypad with backlight
- Nine one-touch buttons allow users to dial a number with only one button
- Includes hearing aid compatibility for people with hearing impairments
- Allows adjustment of receiving volume and a three-level tone control
- Contains extra-loud ringtones and adjustable ring volume
- Answering machine provides 30 minutes of recording time
- Phonebook can store up to 50 names and numbers
- Handset includes hotkey to phonebook for easy dialling
- SOS button can save up to four emergency numbers
- Four language settings for talking dialling function and emergency voice message
- Able to block up to 20 unwanted numbers and unidentified numbers
- Caller ID on incoming calls and when dialling out
- Up to 20 alarms can be programmed into the phone, ideal for medication reminders
- Near-zero distortion with no noticeable interference at maximum volume
- Seven language settings on handset display
- Features the unique Geemarc template for adding names, photo symbols, and numbers to the dial pad
- Supplied with speaker phone on both base and handset
- Can be paired with up to three additional handsets
- Phonebook memory: 50 names and numbers
- Answer machine memory: 30 minutes
- Power supply by DC adaptor (supplied)
- Handset requires 3 x AAA batteries ni-Mh 1.2V 600mA (included)
- Standby time: 4 days
- Continuous talk time: 10 hours
- GAP compliant
- Dimensions (WxDxH) :
- Handset: 55 x 25 x 185mm
- Base: 105 x 91 x 136mm
- Indoor: up to 50m
- Open field: up to 300m