Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Cordless Phone Twin Set
The Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Cordless Phone Twin Set is an ergonomic and easy-to-use phone combo, designed for people with hearing or cognitive impairments. Fitted with hearing aid compatibility and the option of saving up to nine numbers on the base, this amplified phone will provide the user with a quick and easy way of contacting their loved ones.
Want to quickly set up your Geemarc AmpliDECT 595? See our Quick User Guide.
- 1 x Base station
- 2 x Cordless handsets
- 1 x Charging base for extra handset
- 2 x AC power adaptors
- 4 x NiMH rechargeable batteries
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User manual
- Receiver Volume: Up to 50dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 80dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Power cord
- SOS button
- Caller ID
How Loud Is This Amplified Telephone?
The AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Cordless Phone has a fully adjustable volume from a normal receiver to an extra loud 50dB, which is approximately 16-times louder than a standard telephone. Moreover, the ringing volume is also adjustable, and goes all the way up to 80dB, which is the sound of a freight train at 15 metres. Both of these volumes can be adjusted to meet your individual requirements, and the needs of those around you.
Does the Phone Feature Voice Assist?
Yes, the voice assist function will clearly read out information to the user, making it ideal for the visually impaired. The voice assist features:
- The ability to save a voice recording of the names of up to four contacts, which will be read out when they call
- A talking keypad that will read out the number on each button when pressed to assist with dialling
- Four language options (English, French, German and Dutch)
How Do I Set It Up?
The process of setting up this Cordless Amplified Telephone is very straightforward. All you need to do is:
- Plug the adaptor into a wall socket, and the line cord into a telephone jack or a DSL filter (not included).
- On the handset, insert the battery pack (included) in the battery compartment and replace the cover.
- Charge the handset by placing it face forward in the base. Charge the batteries for at least 12 hours when charging for the first time.
- Directions for pairing additional handsets can be found in the user manual below.
You can learn more about how to set up the cordless telephone by viewing the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
What's the Difference Between This Phone and the ULE Version?
The AmpliDECT 595 is also available in an Ultra Low Energy Version. The ULE version does not feature a capacity to add photo buttons to the base as this phone does, so it isn't as suited to those with memory or dementia issues. It does have some improved features though for most users:
- Lower energy use for more economical use
- Ability to block up to 100 numbers instead of 20
- Ability to link up to connected ULE doorbell and external ringer
- Digital display of missed calls on base
Can I Connect This Phone to My Internet Modem?
Yes, if you subscribe to a digital phone line from your landline provider, this phone can be connected by plugging the telephone cord directly into your internet modem.
How Does the SOS Button Work?
There is an SOS button located on the right-hand side of every AmpliDECT 595 handset. Once pressed, this will send a pre-recorded emergency message to four pre-selected contacts, alerting them to ascertain the safety of the user. If you do not wish to use the SOS button function, simply refrain from entering the emergency contacts, and the button will remain non-functional.
How Is the AmpliDECT 595 Phone Powered?
The telephone base needs to be connected to the mains. The cordless handsets runs on two rechargeable batteries, which need to be charged in order for them to work. The range of the cordless handset is 50 metres inside your house.
How Does the SOS Button Work?
The SOS button, located on the right side of the handset, allows you to save up to four emergency numbers. To make an SOS emergency call, press and hold the SOS key on the handset, which will initiate the emergency calling sequence from SOS number 1 to SOS number 4, in 60 second intervals. Moreover, you can also record your customised SOS message to be played when you dial out an SOS emergency call.
Does the AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Telephone Includes an Answering Machine?
The Geemarc AmpliDECT595 is also supplied with an answering machine that can record up to 30 minutes of messages, ensuring no important information need ever be missed. For organisation and user control, the phone also includes the function to delete messages one-by-one or all at once, in order to avoid clogging up the inbox.
How Do I Change the Images on the Buttons?
The base comes with 10 photo buttons, which allows you to call those closest to you by pressing a single button, and the handset comes with four photo buttons. You can use this easy-to-use template to upload you own pictures, and then print them out in the right size for the photo phone buttons.
The base is equipped with photo buttons for easier dialling
Is This Phone Suitable for the Elderly?
The Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Cordless Phone is the perfect solution for people with visual, hearing and cognitive impairments. The big-button keypad allows the user to perfectly see the numbers, and thanks to the Talk Keypad function the phone will repeat the numbers that have been dialled. Everything is designed for speedy and easy dialling: the SOS button is able to store up to four emergency numbers and the large buttons on the base and on the handset allow saving numbers for a one-touch-dial.
How Many Additional Handsets Can I Connect?
This Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Phone includes one base with a handset, and one additional handsets. To make it even more versatile, the base can be paired with up to three more additional handsets.
Are All AmpliDECT 595 Handsets Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, all Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Handsets are hearing aid compatible, including additional handsets.
Does the AmpliDECT 595 Include an Intercom Feature?
Yes, this phone includes an intercom feature allowing you to make internal calls between connected phones on the system. This feature allows you to make internal calls, transfer external calls and make conference calls.
Does the Answering Machine Provide the Date and Time of Messages?
Yes, the answering machine included with this product does state the date and time that each message was left.
Features of the AmpliDECT 595 Phone
- Fitted with a big button keypad with backlight
- Nine one-touch buttons allow users to dial a number with only one button
- Includes hearing aid compatibility for people with hearing impairments
- Allows adjustment of receiving volume and a three-level tone control
- Contains extra loud ringtones and adjustable ring volume
- Answering machine provides 30 minutes of recording time
- Phonebook can store up to 50 names and numbers
- Handset includes hotkey to phonebook for easy dialling
- SOS button can save up to four emergency numbers
- Four language settings for talking dialling function and emergency voice message
- Able to block up to 20 unwanted numbers and unidentified numbers
- Caller ID on incoming calls and when dialling out
- Up to 20 alarms can be programmed into the phone, ideal for medication reminders
- Near-zero distortion with no noticeable interference at maximum volume
- Seven language settings on handset display
- Features the unique Geemarc template for adding names, photo symbols, and numbers to the dial pad
- Supplied with speaker phone on both base and handset
- Can be paired with up to three additional handsets
The Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Cordless Phone Twin Set has a two-year warranty.
- Phonebook memory: 50 names and numbers
- Answer machine memory: 30 minutes
- Power supply by DC adaptor (supplied)
- Handset requires 3 x AAA batteries Ni-Mh 1.2V 600mA (included)
- Standby time: 4 days
- Continuous talk time: 10 hours
- GAP compliant
- Dimensions (WxDxH) :
- Handset: 55 x 25 x 185mm
- Base: 105 x 91 x 136mm
- Indoor: up to 50m
- Open field: up to 300m