Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone with Ringer and Doorbell
Being hard of hearing can have a devastating effect on your everyday life, with simple tasks such as answering the telephone in time, or hearing the doorbell ring turning into a daily struggle. The Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone with Ringer and Doorbell is a complete pack of amplified devices that includes two amplified cordless handsets and a ringer which rings and flashes when you receive a call, or when someone is at the door.
What Included with This Package?
This maxi package was put together to help you make any home friendly to the elderly and the hard of hearing. It includes everything you need to stay connected:
Click on their names to learn more about the individual products.
How Loud Is the Amplified Telephone?
Both the cordless amplified telephone and the additional handset have an adjustable receiver volume of up to 50dB, which is roughly 16x louder than a standard phone. Moreover, the ringing volume is also adjustable, and goes all the way up to 80dB, which is the sound of a freight train at 15 metres. Both of these volumes can be adjusted to meet your individual requirements, and the needs of those around you.
Does the Phone Feature Voice Assist?
Yes, the voice assist function will clearly read out information to the user, making it ideal for the visually impaired. The voice assist features:
- The ability to save a voice recording of the names of up to four contacts, which will be read out when they call
- A talking keypad that will read out the number on each button when pressed to assist with dialling
- Four language options (English, French, German and Dutch)
How Does the Ringer Work?
When the ringer is paired with the Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone, it will ring loudly and flash whenever you receive a phone call. Moreover, if the ringer is paired with the AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Doorbell, the ringer will flash and ring loudly when someone is ringing at your door. The ringtone used to notify you that there is someone at the door is different from the tone indicating a phone call, helping to avoid any kind of confusion.
What Does the Amplified Doorbell Do?
The AmpliDECT 595 Doorbell offers a simple solution for the hard of hearing. When the doorbell is paired with the Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone, it will flash and ring loudly when someone is ringing at your door. Moreover, it will also allow you to speak with the person at your door via the cordless handset of your AmpliDECT Telephone.
Does the AmpliDECT 595 Include an Intercom Feature?
Yes, this phone includes an intercom feature allowing you to make internal calls between connected phones on the system. This feature allows you to make internal calls, transfer external calls and make conference calls.
How Easy Is It to Set Up This System?
The Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone and all of its accessories have been designed to be as easy to set up and connect as possible. First you need to set up the base, which can be done in the following way:
- Connect the telephone cable to the telephone line socket and to the telephone wall socket
- Connect the power adaptor jack to the base, then connect the power adaptor plug to the mains power
- Install there rechargeable batteries (included) into the socket as indicated
- Charge the batteries for at least 16 hours before first use
Connecting the Extra Handset
Connect the power adaptor to the base (C), then connect the power adaptor plug in the mains power (D). To connect the extra handset, follow the steps outlined below:
- On the base, press and hold the Handset Locator button until you hear a beep to enter the registration mode
- At the same time, the handset will display Register. Press Menu/OK button
- After a short delay, a confirmation beep will let you know that registration has been successful
Connecting the Ringer
To add and register a new ringer, please follow these three simple steps:
- Make sure the ringer is powered, then press and hold the Handset Locator Key on the telephone base until it starts to beep
- Press and hold the Pair Button on the side of the extension ringer until the Green Flash LED light flashes
- You will hear confirmation beeps when the extension ringer is successfully registered to the base
Connecting the Doorbell
To add and register a new doorbell, please follow these three simple steps:
- Make sure the doorbell is powered, then press and hold the Handset Locator Key on the telephone base until it starts to beep
- Press and hold the Pair Button on the side of the doorbell until the blue LED light flashes
- You will hear confirmation beeps when the doorbell is successfully registered to the base
Can I Connect This Phone to My Internet Modem?
Yes, if you subscribe to a digital phone line from your landline provider, this phone can be connected by plugging the telephone cord directly into your internet modem.
Customise Your Pack
Each of the products included with this pack is also available to purchase separately, which allows you to customise the pack however you wish. The Cordless Amplified Telephone, which serves as a base for all the additional products, can be connected with up to:
- 4 x Extra handsets
- 10 x Ringers
- 2 x Doorbells
This allows you to have a cordless handset in every area of the house, an amplified doorbell at two entrances, and an audio and visual ringer in every room in the house. This ensures you will never miss a phone call or a knock at the door.
Does the Answering Machine Provide the Date and Time of Messages?
Yes, the answering machine included with this product does state the date and time that each message was left.