Extra Handset for the Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone
If you often find yourself rushing to the phone only to pick it up the second it stops ringing, a cordless telephone system might be what you need. The Extra Handset for the Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone allows you to connect an additional cordless handset to your AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Phone and place it anywhere in the house, ensuring you never miss another phone call.
What's Included with This Purchase?
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 1 x Charging cradle
- 1 x Power adaptor
- 3 x Ni-Mh batteries
- 1 x Quick user guide
How Loud Is the Extra Handset?
The AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone has a fully adjustable volume from a normal receiver to an extra loud 50dB, which holds true for this additional handset as well. This equals the sound of traffic in a suburban neighbourhood.
Moreover, the ringing volume of this handset is also adjustable, and goes all the way up to 80dB, which is the sound of a freight train at 15 metres. Both of these volumes can be adjusted to meet your individual requirements, and the needs of those around you.
Can I Use This Cordless Handset as a Standalone Telephone?
No, the cordless handset was designed to work as an additional handset to your telephone. It can be paired with one of the following Geemarc 595 telephone systems:
How Easy to Use Is the Extra Handset for the AmpliDECT 595?
The AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone is very easy to use once you get accustomed to it. To make a phone call, you first need to press the green button to open the line, and then dial the desired telephone number.
To answer a call when the handset is not in the charging cradle, press the green button to answer the call, and press it again to turn on the speakerphone. If the handset is in the charging cradle, simply pick up the handset to answer. You can learn more about the handset by viewing the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
How Is the Extra Handset for the AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Phone Powered?
The cordless handset runs on three rechargeable batteries, which need to be charged in order for them to work. Before first use, it's recommended to charge the batteries for at least 16 hours.
How Easy to Set Up Is This Handset?
Connect the power adaptor to the base (C), then connect the power adaptor plug in the mains power (D). To install and charge the handset battery:
- Slide the battery cover downwards, and install the three batteries (included with this purchase).
- Align the cover flat against the battery compartment, and then slide it upwards until it clicks into place.
- Charge the handset by placing it face downward in the base. You will hear a beep when the handset is charging.
- Charge the batteries for at least 16 hours when charging for the first time.
How Does the SOS Button Work?
The SOS button, located on the right side of the handset, allows you to save up to four emergency numbers. To make an SOS emergency call, press and hold the SOS key on the handset, which will initiate the emergency calling sequence from SOS number 1 to SOS number 4, in 60 second intervals. Moreover, you can also record your customised SOS message to be played when you dial out an SOS emergency call.
What Is the Range of This Cordless Handset?
Due to walls, the range indoors is smaller than what the range of this phone would be in an open field. The indoor range is approximately 50 metres, while its open field range is up to 300 metres.
Key Features of the Extra Handset for the AmpliDECT 595
- Ringing Volume: Up to 80dB (the sound of a freight train at 15 metres)
- Receiver Volume: Up to 50dB (the sound of light traffic)
- Indoor Range: 50m
- Open Field Range: 300m
- Display Character Size: 9.5mm
- Display Dimensions: 40 x 32mm
- Option to save up to nine telephone numbers on the keypad
- Redial function for the last 10 outgoing calls
- SOS button allows you to save up to four emergency numbers
- Answering machine with 30 minutes of recording time
- Choice of seven languages: EN, DE, FR, IT, NL, ES, PT
- Standby Time: Approximately 2 days
- Talk Time: Approximately 8 hours
- Handset: 3 x AAA rechargeable batteries
- Handset Dimensions: 187 x 55 x 25mm
- Cradle Dimensions: 77 x 77 x 69mm