Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone
Being hard of hearing can make using the telephone unnecessarily difficult. The Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone features an extra loud ring tone, an amplified receiver and one-touch memory buttons, making it easier for you to answer the phone in time and carry out a stress-free telephone conversation with the person on the other line.
Up to three Additional Handsets can be added to this system.
What's Included with This Purchase?
- 1 x Base station
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 1 x AC power adaptor
- 3 x AAA rechargeable batteries
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User manual
How Loud Is This Amplified Phone?
The receiver volume of the AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone is fully adjustable from a normal receiver volume to an extra loud 50dB, which is approximately 16 times louder than a standard telephone. The ringing volume is also adjustable, and goes all the way up to 80dB, which is equivalent to the sound of a freight train at 15 metres away. Both of these volumes can be adjusted to meet your individual requirements, and the needs of those around you.
How Easy to Use Is the AmpliDECT 595?
The AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone is very easy to use once you get accustomed to it. To make a phone call, you first need to press the green button to open the line, and then dial the desired telephone number. To answer a call when the handset is not in the charging cradle, press the green button to answer the call, and press it again to turn on the speakerphone. If the handset is in the charging cradle, simply pick up the handset to answer.
You can learn more about the AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Amplified Cordless Phone by viewing the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
How Is the AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Phone Powered?
The telephone base needs to be connected to mains power. The cordless handset runs on three rechargeable batteries, which need to be charged in order for them to work. The range of the cordless handset is up to 50 metres when used indoors, and up to 300 metres when outdoors.
Does the Phone Feature Voice Assist?
Yes, the voice assist function will clearly read out information to the user, making it ideal for the visually impaired. The voice assist features:
- The ability to save a voice recording of the names of up to four contacts, which will be read out when they call
- A talking keypad that will read out the number on each button when pressed to assist with dialling
- Four language options (English, French, German and Dutch)
How Do I Set Up My Phone?
To connect the phone, connect the telephone cable to the telephone line socket (A), and to the telephone wall socket (B). Connect the power adaptor jack to the base (C), then connect the power adaptor plug in mains power (D).
To install and charge the handset battery:
- Slide the battery cover downwards, and install the three batteries (included with this purchase).
- Align the cover flat against the battery compartment, and then slide it upwards until it clicks into place.
- Charge the handset by placing it face downward in the base. You will hear a beep when the handset is charging.
- Charge the batteries for at least 12 hours when charging for the first time.
How Does the SOS Button Work?
The SOS button, located on the right side of the handset, allows you to save up to four emergency numbers. To make an SOS emergency call, press and hold the SOS key on the handset, which will initiate the emergency calling sequence from SOS number 1 to SOS number 4, in 60 second intervals. You can also record your customised SOS message to be played when you dial out an SOS emergency call.
Can I Add Additional Handsets?
Yes, you can connect up to three Extra Handsets for the 595 ULE Phone to your order, and have them connected in minutes. In addition to extra handsets, you can add Amplified Doorbells and External Ringers to your system. In total, the accessories you can add to your system include:
This would allow you to have a cordless handset in every area of the house, an amplified doorbell at two entrances, and an audio and visual ringer in every room in the house, ensuring you never miss a phone call or a knock at the door. Please note these accessories are not included in this purchase, and must be added to your basket separately.
Does It Include an Answering Machine?
Yes, this telephone includes an answering machine that records unanswered calls when it is turned on. The answering machine can store up to 59 messages, with a maximum recording time of approximately 30 minutes. As well as recording incoming messages, you can record memos for other users of your phone.
Does the Answering Machine Provide the Date and Time of Messages?
Yes, the answering machine included with this product does state the date and time that each message was left.
What Is the Range of This Amplified Telephone?
Due to walls, the range indoors is smaller than what the range of this phone would be in an open field. The indoor range is approximately 50 metres, while its open field range is up to 300 metres.
Key Features of the AmpliDECT 595 Ultra Low Energy Phone
- Ringing Volume: Up to 80dB
- Conversation Volume: Up to 50dB (16x a normal phone)
- Indoor Range: 50m
- Open Field Range: 300m
- Display Character Size: 9mm
- Option to save up to nine telephone numbers on the keypad
- Redial function for the last 10 outgoing calls
- SOS button allows you to save up to four emergency numbers
- Answering machine with 30 minutes of recording time
- Choice of seven languages: EN, DE, FR, IT, NL, ES, PT
- Standby Time: Approximately 100 hours
- Talk Time: Approximately 10 hours
- Frequency: 1.88 - 1.9GHz
- Handset: 3 x AAA rechargeable batteries
- Handset Dimensions: 185 x 55 x 25mm
- Base Dimensions: 126 x 91 x 105mm
Please note that the accessories are not included with this purchase.