Bellman Visit Portable Flash Receiver for the Hard of Hearing
Emitting a bright, high-intensity flashing signal, the Bellman Visit Portable Flash Receiver for the Hard of Hearing is designed to clearly signal notifications to deaf and hard of hearing people. From knowing when to answer the door or phone to being aware of potentially life-threatening fires, this receiver will help you know what's happening in your home.
- 1 x Flash Receiver
- 1 x Power Adaptor
- 4 x AAA Batteries
Thanks to the comprehensive inclusion of batteries and a power adapter, the Flash Receiver is ready to become an integral part of your home system straight out of the box.
- Coverage: Up to 200m
- Radio Frequency: 868.3MHz
- Operating Time: Up to 48 hours (on back-up batteries)
- Detection: Bellman Transmitter
What Is This Product?
This product connects to a Bellman Transmitter and will light up when the transmitter is triggered. The device emits a very bright flashing light to get your attention without using any sound, making it suitable for those who are hard of hearing.
Who Can Benefit from the Bellman Visit Portable Flash Receiver for the Hard of Hearing?
If you are deaf or hard of hearing and struggle with knowing when someone is at the door or when the phone is ringing, this portable and bright flashing alert will help you keep tabs on your home. This receiver can also be used to signal when a loved one that you care for needs your attention if paired with the Bellman Push-Button Transmitter.
How Does the Bellman Flash Receiver Work?
This Bellman Receiver communicates with Bellman Transmitters using radio signals to receive information and alert you if any sensor has been triggered. The Flash Receiver will notify you by releasing bright flashes, thanks to the 30 candela xenon lights that it contains. This receiver runs from the mains but can be battery powered, allowing you to move it about your home with greater ease.
Rotating Flash Head
The positioning of the flashing light is completely adjustable as you can rotate the device and point the light wherever is most convenient for you. If you find the flash too bright, simply turn the light head away from you so that when it flashes it is not directly in your direction.
Individual Light Alerts
The receiver comes with four coloured LED indicator lights that signal:
- Orange LED - Next to the dummy symbol indicates the baby monitor is activated
- Green LED - Next to the door symbol indicates the door transmitter is activated
- Yellow LED - Next to the telephone symbol indicates the telephone transmitter is activated
- Red LED - Next to the fire symbol indicates that the smoke alarm is activated
The Yellow LED is lit up to indicate the Telephone Transmitter signals an incoming phone call
Portable with Back-Up Batteries
Not only relying on power from the mains but also functioning from AAA batteries, you can count on this receiver to work even during a power cut. The battery back-up also means that this receiver is portable, so that you can take it around the house as long as it remains within its functioning range from a Bellman Transmitter.
Connect to Multiple Devices
The design of the Bellman Visit Flash Receiver has multiple outlets, meaning that it can connect to various different Visit Transmitters and Accessories. It has the capacity to connect to the power supply, Bed Shaker and a landline telephone simultaneously.
How Easy Is the Receiver to Maintain?
As the Flash Receiver comes with everything that it needs for use straight out the box it requires very little maintenance. The batteries that it comes with are rechargeable and it can run solely on battery power for up to 48 hours when fully charged. If the receiver needs to be cleaned, simply wipe down with a dry cloth (do not use household cleaning products).
Key Features of the Bellman Visit Portable Flash Receiver for the Hard of Hearing
- Intense flashing light signals with the power of 30 Candela Xenon lights for clear and silent alerting
- Can run on back-up batteries for up to 48 hours reducing risk of power loss in an emergency
- Thanks to battery back-up the device is portable so that you can move it round the house with you
- Four LED indicators specify what Bellman Transmitter sent the notification signal to your device
- Adjustable radio key allowing reliable use even in close proximity to other Visit System devices
- Wireless transmission with operating range of 200m depending on the layout of your home
- Rotating flash head allows you to point the device in any direction so that it is never too bright
- Can connect to various accessories: including the Bellman Bed Shaker; Mobile phone sensor or a landline
- Can be mounted using BE9075 Bellman Wallmount Bracket (accessory), or placed on a level surface
- Dimensions (HxD): 155 x 78mm (6.1 x 3.1")
- Weight: 320g (approx 0.71lbs)
- Mains power: 7.5V DC/ 1500mA with power supply unit. BE9092 (Europe), BE9217 (United Kingdom)
- Back-up battery power: 4 x 1.2V AAA (LR03) NiMH rechargeable batteries. 600 mAh. Battery back-up ~48 hours stand by when fully charged
- Active power consumption: 1250mA
- Idle power consumption: 10mA
- Radio frequency: 868.3MHz
- Number of radio keys: 64 standard expandable to 256
- Coverage: 200m (with clear line of sight)
- Radio activation: Bellman Visit Transmitters
- Analogue telephone network activation: 26 - 120V RMS, 15 - 100Hz
- Mobile phone/tablet activation: connect the BE9251 Mobile Phone Sensor (accessory) to the dedicated input on the Flash Receiver
- Built-in flash light signal: ~30 Candela
- Colour: white
The Portable Flash Receiver is designed for indoor use only. Warning - flashes can cause epileptic attacks.