Bellman Visit Portable Flash Receiver for the Hard of Hearing
The Bellman Visit range makes everyday tasks, such as knowing when to answer the door or phone, easier for people with hearing impairments. Consisting of transmitters and receivers, the range uses radio signals and alerts to ensure you are made aware of activity within your home.
The standard Bellman Flash Receiver is a mains operated device, an ideal primary receiver to detect signals from your transmitters. But what if you suffer a power loss, or simply desire a more portable unit? The Bellman Visit Portable Flash Receiver is a great alternative to the regular Flash Receiver, perfect for users who wish to move the receiver about their home, or for easier use when travelling.
How Does the Portable Flash Receiver Work?
The device uses radio signals to receive information from your existing Bellman transmitters and alert you if anything has been triggered. The Portable Flash Receiver does so by emitting sound, light or, if connected to the Bellman Bed Shaker, vibration.
The settings can be customised to distinguish between individual alerts. So, if you have several transmitters, your receiver can process this and ensure that the reason for the indication is evident.
Unlike the standard receiver, this unit includes powerful back-up batteries to reduce the risk of power loss. The device can also run from the mains, so you can use your receiver even if it runs out of battery.
Features and Benefits of the Portable Flash Receiver
- Flashing LED lights for clear identification of alerts
- Powerful back-up batteries, reducing risk of power loss and making the device portable
- Customisable signals - individual alerts can be set so you are aware of the nature of the indication
- Adjustable radio key allowing reliable use even in close proximity to other Visit System devices
- Wireless transmission with operating range of 200m
- Rotating flash head - can point the device in the required direction or turn it away if the flashing is too bright
- Can connect to a Bellman Bed Shaker to alert you when sleeping
- Can connect to an analogue telephone socket via the telephone input with the Telephone Cable and an adapter plug (accessories)
- Can be mounted using Bellman Wallmount Bracket (accessory), or placed on a level surface
- Mains power: 7.5V DC/ 1500mA with power supply unit. BE9092 (Europe), BE9217 (United Kingdom)
- Back-up battery power: 4 x 1.2V AAA (LR03) NiMH rechargeable batteries. 600 mAh. Battery back-up ~48 hours stand by when fully charged
- Active power consumption: 1250mA
- Idle power consumption: 10mA
- Radio frequency: 868.3MHz
- Number of radio keys: 64 standard expandable to 256
- Coverage: 200m (with clear line of sight)
- Radio activation: Bellman Visit Transmitters
- Analogue telephone network activation: 26 - 120V RMS, 15 - 100Hz
- Mobile phone/tablet activation: connect the Mobile Phone Sensor (accessory) to the dedicated input on the Flash Receiver
- Built-in flash light signal: ~30 Candela
- Bed Shaker vibrator power: 2.0 - 4.0VDC
- Dimensions Ø x H: 88 x 155mm
- Weight: 320g
- Colour: white