Emporia Simplicity V27 Mobile Phone for Seniors
While most modern phones are bogged down with complicated extra features, the Emporia Simplicity V27 Mobile Phone for Seniors lives up to its name, and is designed with simplicity in mind. This stripped back build, along with its large, light-up buttons, hearing aid compatibility and one-touch speed dialling, make it a fantastic option for anyone with hearing, vision, or memory issues.
On top of this, the back of the phone has an SOS button that calls and texts emergency contacts until somebody answers, giving elderly people and their loved ones greater peace of mind.
- 1 x Emporia Simplicity V27 Phone for Seniors
- 1 x Replaceable Li-ion Battery 1200mAh
- 2 x Battery Covers (one with and one without the heart shaped emergency button on the back)
- 1 x Micro USB-C Cable with a standard mains plug
- 1 x User Guide
- 1 x Phone Cradle
- Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes
- Caller ID: Yes
How Easy Is This Phone To Use?
- There are three different speed dial keys that can be set up to dial someone simply by pressing a single number
- The emergency button on the back is simple and only requires one press to use
- The extra large keys are illuminated, raised and have an easy-to-locate pressure point, making texting and calling simple
- The wide screen is landscape and the text on it both large and adjustable, making it easy to read for people with limited vision
- The extra features such as the torch, alarm clock and radio are all designed to be as simple to use as possible
Is the Screen Simple and Easy to Read?
This Emporia phone uses a landscape screen with text that is bold, large and clear to read. The size of the text is also adjustable, so when you're setting it up you can tailor the size to suit the needs of the user.
Will I Be Able to Hear This Phone?
Emporia phones are designed specifically for people who are hard of hearing, which is why they feature an adjustable volume that goes very loud, allowing for clear communication. The Simplicity V27 is also compatible with hearing aids, up to and including the M4/T4 specification, which is the highest specification of hearing aid there is. The adjustable volume also means that if you're not hard of hearing, you can choose to turn the phone down enough that you don't subsequently become hard of hearing.
How Does This Phone Help in Emergencies?
The Emporia emergency button has a fivefold set of safety features that helps give you and your loved ones peace of mind. It's easy to use and has been designed by experts to pre-empt the type of situation it may need to be used in.
The Fivefold Safety Features Are:
- When the emergency button is pressed, up to five predefined contacts that you choose when setting up the phone will be called until someone answers.
- The phone will automatically go to loudspeaker mode so that communication can be clear and audible despite limited mobility or other issues.
- A pre-prepared emergency SMS text will be sent to an emergency number.
- GPS-enabled phones will provide their coordinates with the emergency call, allowing emergency services to know the exact location of the person pressing the emergency button.
- A loud alarm tone will sound when the emergency button is pressed to help draw the attention of anyone in the vicinity to the emergency situation.
Key Features and Benefits
- Simple, compact and easy to use mobile phone
- Three different quick dial keys for easy contact
- Extra large, illuminated, raised keys with excellent pressure points
- Wide screen with easy-to-read text
- High quality finish and chic design
- IP54-certified (dust and splash-proof)
- Suitable for hearing aid users, including M4/T4 (the highest standard of hearing aid)
- Proven and patented emporia emergency button can be used to quickly call for help
- Two battery cases included, one that covers the emergency button and one that doesn't
- LED torch with easy to find and clearly labelled activation button on the side of the phone
- Calendar with reminder functions to help keep track of schedules
- Vibration alarm which is ideal for anyone hard of hearing
- Alarm clock with built in snooze function
- Can also be used as a radio with just a few clicks of the button
- Each purchase includes a 12 month guarantee for the phone
Is This Phone Waterproof?
The IP54 splash resistance indicates that while this phone isn't suitable to be fully submerged in water, splashes and spills shouldn't affect it. This rating also means it's protected against a build up of dust up to and including anything classified as a limited ingress.
Does the Emporia Simplicity Have a Torch?
The Emporia Simplicity does include a handy torch which is bright and easy to use. It's activated by pressing a clear and easy to see button on the side with an image of a lightbulb on, no fiddling around with complicated phone menus is necessary.
What Other Features Does This Phone Have?
Despite the simple appearance and function of the majority of this phone, it does include some great extra features for more tech-savvy elderly people. These include:
- A calendar that includes a reminder function
- A calculator to help with any challenging maths
- An alarm clock with a snooze function to help with morning routines
- A vibration alarm which is ideal for those who are hard of hearing
- A radio, which proves popular with many of our older customers
What Kind of SIM Card Does This Mobile Use?
This phone is designed to use a Mini SIM, which is the standard SIM card used with most mobile phones. Simply insert the Mini SIM provided by your mobile service provider and you should be ready to go.
Which Networks Will This Phone Work With?
The Simplicity Phone for the Elderly is supplied unlocked, meaning that it will work with SIM cards from all major UK mobile networks.
Is This Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, this phone has been designed to work with all hearing aids including M4/T4 (the highest standard of hearing aid). The user guide contains all the details necessary for use of the phone with hearing aids.
Learn More About the Emporia Simplicity V27 Phone
Find out more about the Emporia Simplicity V27 Phone for Seniors by watching the video below:
- 2G/GSM (MHz): 850/900/1800/1900
- Network Speed: 2G
- Screen Size: 2" or 176 x 220mm
- Battery: 1200 mAh
- RAM: 32MB
- ROM: 64MB
- SIM Card Type: Micro SIM, One SIM slot
- Charging Cable: Micro USB-C
- Headphone Port: 3.5mm
- Status: Unlocked
- Weight: 90g
- Device Guarantee: 12 Months
- Battery Guarantee: 6 Months
- Dimensions: 125 x 58 x 13mm