Emporia One V200 Silver Mobile Flip Phone for Seniors
The Emporia One V200 Silver Mobile Flip Phone for Seniors gives you the convenience and familiarity of a classic flip phone, combined with a streamlined design and emergency features that give elderly users peace of mind. The phone is hearing aid-compatible and the keypad is large, with a talking function that announces what keys are being pressed, making the the V200 ideal for the vision impaired or hard of hearing. With three one-touch speed dial keys and an SOS button on the back of the phone, loved ones or emergency services are a single press away.
- 1 x Flip Phone (Silver)
- 1 x Micro-USB charging cable
- 1 x USB to mains plug adaptor
- 1 x Charging cradle that holds the phone while it charges
- 1 x Lithium-ion battery, 3.7V 900mAH
- 2 x Battery back panels (one with and one without the emergency button)
- 1 x Set of User Instructions
- Hearing aid compatible: Yes
- Phone book: Up to 300 entries
- Caller ID: Yes
- Camera: 2 Megapixel back camera
- Answering machine: Dependent on plan from mobile provider
How Easy Is This Phone To Use?
This phone is designed for seniors and those who have trouble with more complicated phones. The following features help make it easy to use:
- Three clearly labelled speed dial keys that can be set up to dial someone simply by pressing a single number
- For every menu on the phone there are detailed help texts to help guide users through the process
- Vibrate alarm and adjustable volume are features that make this phone ideal for people who are hard of hearing
- The emergency button on the back is simple and only requires one press to use, potentially saving time in an emergency
- You can deactivate the emergency button by attaching the included spare phone back that covers it completely
- The extra large keys are illuminated, raised and have an easy to locate pressure point, making texting and calling simple
- A sizeable 2.4" screen with adjustable text makes it easy to read menu options, texts and to call the right person
- The outer screen lets you know who's calling so you can choose to answer or hang up before opening the phone
- The extra features such as the torch, alarm clock and camera are consistently simple and intuitive
How Easy Is it to Read the Phone's Screens?
The Emporia One V200 phone screens are extremely easy to read, featuring a 2.4" internal screen, a 1.77" external screen and adjustable text size that can be set to very large if desired, this is a perfect choice for anyone who may be concerned about their ability to read text messages or in-phone menus.
How Easy Is it to Hear This Phone?
Emporia phones are designed specifically for people who are hard of hearing, due to this they have loud, clear sound and a highly adjustable volume, allowing for clear communication. The Emporia One V200 is also compatible with hearing aids, up to and including the M4/T4 specification, which is the highest specification of hearing aid there is. The adjustable volume control is located with large, clearly labelled buttons on the left hand side of the phone.
Does the Phone Feature Caller ID?
Caller ID is shown on the outer screen and calls can be accepted or refused without opening the phone simply by pressing the red or green button directly beneath the outer screen. It also features an optional emergency button on the back that can be used to instantly alert loved ones or the emergency services should the need arise.
How Will This Phone Help in Emergencies?
The Emporia One V200 Flip Phone for Seniors features an emergency call function activated by pressing the heart shaped button on the back of the phone. Give yourself peace of mind by knowing that if the worst was to happen, help is just a button away. This button can be disabled by using the alternative phone back included in every purchase to simply cover the button up.
What Happens When the Emergency Button Is Pressed?
- When the emergency button is pressed, up to five predefined contacts that you choose when setting up the phone will be called until someone answers.
- A pre-prepared emergency SMS text can be sent to an emergency number.
- Emergency call confirmation (emergency calls cannot go through to a contact's voicemail by mistake).
- If you don't want this feature, simply use the spare phone back provided, this will cover the button entirely to avoid it being pressed by mistake.
Key Features and Benefits
- Two megapixel camera that makes it easier than ever to keep in contact and not miss those special moments
- Three different quick dial keys that are clearly marked with an icon of a person and a numeral for easy contact
- Extra large, illuminated, raised keys with excellent pressure points
- The internal and external screens are both large, easy to read and feature adjustable text size
- Suitable for hearing aid users, including M4/T4 (the highest standard of hearing aid)
- Proven and patented Emporia emergency button can be used to quickly call for assistance
- Detailed help text for all phone menu items, walking you through each option in a clear, concise fashion
- Incredible battery life that allows for 200 hours standby time and 250 minutes talk time between charges
- Charging cradle makes it intuitive and simple to charge for people used to older phone designs
- More tech-savvy owners can also just plug the Micro-USB straight into the phone
- LED torch with easy to find and clearly labelled activation button on the side of the phone
- The adjustable volume makes this phone suitable for people with all levels of hearing
- Alarm clock with built in snooze function
Does the Emporia One V200 Flip Phone Have a Torch?
The Emporia One V200 does include a handy torch which is bright and easy to use. It's activated by pressing a clear and easy to see button with a lightbulb image on, located on the right hand side of the phone, no fiddling around with complicated phone menus is necessary.
Is the Camera High Resolution and Easy to Use?
Using the camera is intuitive and simple, the menus in this phone have all been made large resolution, easy to navigate and include detailed text help. The camera is 2 Megapixels which is perfect for capturing memorable moments you want to preserve and the easy-send functionality is ideal for sending pictures to family, friends and other loved ones.
What Other Features Does This Phone Have?
- A phone book that can hold up to 300 contacts
- Enough message memory space to hold up to 250 text messages
- The ability to send and receive picture messages
- Calendar that can save birthdays and other dates to help keep track of schedules
- Vibration alarm which is ideal for anyone hard of hearing
- A variety of ringer volumes suitable for a wide range of hearing levels
- The external display shows caller information when receiving a call
- A hands free mode is included as one of the options
- This phone is fully Bluetooth accessible
- Key tones can be turned on and off
- A feature that allows you to receive contact information via text message
- Polyphonic ringtones can be selected if desired
- Pictures are easily transferable to a PC
What Kind of SIM Card Does This Mobile Use?
This phone is designed to use a Mini SIM, which is the standard SIM card used with most mobile phones. Simply insert the Mini SIM provided by your mobile service provider and you should be ready to go.
Which Networks Will This Phone Work With?
The Emporia One V200 Flip Phone for Seniors is supplied unlocked. This means that it will work with SIM cards from all major UK mobile networks without you having to change anything.
Is This Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, this phone has been designed to work with all hearing aids including M4/T4 (the highest standard of hearing aid). The user guide included with purchase contains all the details necessary for use of the phone with hearing aids.
Is This Phone Available in Another Colour?
Yes, along with this classic Silver model, the V200 Flip Phone is also available in a bold Red.
- Dual-band - GSM 900/1800
- SIM card type: Mini Sim
- Dimensions: 104.3 x 51.5 x 18.6mm
- Weight: 80g
- Battery: Lithium-ion 3.7V / 900mAh
- Standby time up to 200 hours
- Talk time up to 250 minutes
- Internal antenna: SAR
- Screen: 2.4" TFT , 240 x 320 pixels
- External display: 1.77" TFT, 128 x 160 pixels
- 2 Megapixel camera
- Bluetooth 3.0 HFP, HSP, PBAP and OPP
- MicroSD card slot (for cards up to 8GB)