Emporia One V200 Red Mobile Flip Phone for Seniors
If you or a loved one are looking for a safe, easy-to-use mobile made for seniors, with a classic flip phone design, look no further than the Emporia One V200 Red Mobile Flip Phone for Seniors. Along with a loud ringer, hearing aid compatibility and an SOS button for emergencies, it also features large buttons that light up when pressed. The V200 is ideal for users with impaired vision, hearing, or limited use of their hands, helping to keep elderly people safe, while maintaining their independence.
- 1 x Emporia One V200 Flip Phone for Seniors (Red)
- 1 x Micro-USB charging cable
- 1 x USB to mains plug adaptor
- 1 x Charging cradle that holds the phone while it charges
- 1 x Lithium-ion battery, 3.7V 900mAh
- 2 x Battery back panels (one with and one without the emergency button)
- 1 x Set of User Instructions
- Hearing aid compatible: Yes
- Phone book: Up to 300 entries
- Caller ID: Yes
- Camera: 2 Megapixel back camera
- Answering machine: Dependent on plan from mobile provider
How Easy Is This Phone To Use?
This phone is designed for seniors and those who have trouble with more complicated phones. The following features help make it easy to use:
- For every menu on the phone there are detailed help texts to help guide users through the process
- The speed dial keys are clearly labelled with the image of a person and a numeral
- A vibrating alarm and adjustable volume are make this phone ideal for people who are hard of hearing
- The emergency button on the back is simple and quick to use, saving time in an emergency
- You can deactivate the emergency button by using the included spare phone back that covers it completely
- The extra large keys are illuminated, raised and have an easy to locate pressure point
- A sizeable 2.4" screen with adjustable text makes it easy to read menu options and texts
- The outer screen shows who's calling so you can choose to answer or hang up before opening the phone
- The extra features such as the torch, alarm clock and camera are consistently simple and intuitive
How Easy Is it to Read the Phone's Screens?
The Emporia One V200 is extremely easy to read thanks to the size of the 2.4" and 1.77" screens on the inside and outside of the phone respectively. The text size is adjustable up to very large, which is ideal for anyone who's worried about being able to read text messages or in-phone menus.
How Easy Is it to Hear This Phone?
Emporia phones have been designed for people with hearing loss, due to this they have loud, clear sound and a highly adjustable volume, allowing for clear communication. The Emporia One V200 is also compatible with hearing aids, up to and including the M4/T4 specification, which is the highest specification of hearing aid there is. The adjustable volume control is located with large, clearly labelled buttons on the left hand side of the phone.
What Features Does the Phone Include?
Having a phone that's designed for simplicity of use doesn't mean that you need to compromise on the other more modern features, the Emporia One V200 includes a two megapixel camera, a built in LED torch and a radio. There is also an optional emergency button on the back that when pressed can call up to five pre-programmed contacts until someone answers and send a text to emergency services, helping give you and your loved ones peace of mind.
How Will This Phone Help in Emergencies?
The Emporia One V200 Flip Phone for Seniors features an emergency call function activated by pressing the heart-shaped button on the back of the phone. Give yourself peace of mind by knowing that if the worst was to happen, help is just a button away. This button can be disabled by using the alternative phone back included in every purchase to simply cover the button up.
What Happens When the Emergency Button Is Pressed?
- When the emergency button is pressed, up to five predefined contacts that you choose when setting up the phone will be called until someone answers.
- A pre-prepared emergency SMS text can be sent to an emergency number.
- Emergency call confirmation (emergency calls cannot go through to a contact's voicemail by mistake).
- If you don't want to use this feature, simply use the spare phone back provided, this will cover the button entirely, preventing it from being pressed.
Key Features and Benefits
- Two megapixel camera that makes it easier than ever to keep in contact and not miss those special moments
- Three different quick dial keys that are clearly marked with an icon of a person and a numeral for easy contact
- Extra large, illuminated, raised keys with excellent pressure points
- The internal and external screens are large, easy to read and feature adjustable text size
- Suitable for hearing aid users, including M4/T4 (the highest standard of hearing aid)
- Proven and patented Emporia emergency button can be used to quickly call for assistance
- Detailed help text for all phone menu items, walking you through each option in a clear, concise fashion
- Incredible battery life that allows for 200 hours standby time and 250 minutes talk time between charges
- Charging cradle makes it intuitive and simple to charge for people used to older phone designs
- More tech-savvy owners can also just plug the Micro-USB straight into the phone
- LED torch is easy to find thanks to the clearly labelled activation button on the side of the phone
- The adjustable volume makes this phone suitable for people with a variety of levels of hearing
- Alarm clock with built in snooze function
Does the Emporia One V200 Flip Phone Have a Torch?
The Emporia One does include a handy torch which is bright and easy to use. It's activated by pressing a clear and easy-to-see button with a lightbulb image on, located on the right hand side of the phone, no fiddling around with complicated phone menus is necessary.
Is the Camera High Resolution and Easy to Use?
Using the camera is simple and intuitive, the menus in this phone have all been made large resolution, easy to navigate and include detailed text help. The camera is 2 megapixels, which is perfect for capturing memorable moments you want to preserve and the easy-send functionality is ideal for sending pictures to family, friends and other loved ones.
What Other Features Does This Phone Have?
- A phone book that can hold up to 300 contacts
- Enough message memory space to hold up to 250 text messages
- The ability to send and receive picture messages
- A calendar that can save birthdays and other important dates to help keep track of schedules
- The alarm has a vibrate function which is ideal for anyone hard of hearing
- A variety of ringer volumes suitable for a wide range of hearing levels
- The external display shows caller information when receiving a call
- Includes a hands free option that increases the volume of the call
- This phone is fully Bluetooth accessible
- Key tones can be turned on and off
- A feature that allows you to receive contact information via text message
- A range of polyphonic ringtones can be selected if desired
- Pictures are easily transferable to a PC
What Kind of SIM Card Does This Mobile Use?
This phone is designed to use a Mini SIM, which is the standard SIM card used with most mobile phones. Simply insert the Mini SIM provided by your mobile service provider and you should be ready to go.
Which Networks Will This Phone Work With?
The Emporia One V200 Flip Phone for Seniors is supplied unlocked. This means that it will work with SIM cards from all major UK mobile networks without you having to change anything.
Is This Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, this phone has been designed to work with all hearing aids including M4/T4 (the highest standard of hearing aid). The user guide included with purchase contains all the details necessary for use of the phone with hearing aids.
Is This Phone Available in Another Colour?
Yes, along with this bold Red model, the V200 Flip Phone is also available in a classic Silver.
- Dual-band - GSM 900/1800
- SIM card type: Mini Sim
- Dimensions: 104.3 x 51.5 x 18.6mm
- Weight: 80g
- Battery: Lithium-ion 3.7 V / 900 mAh
- Standby time up to 200 hours
- Talk time up to 250 minutes
- Internal antenna: SAR
- Screen: 2.4" TFT , 240 x 320 pixels
- External display: 1.77" TFT, 128 x 160 pixels
- 2 Megapixel camera
- Bluetooth 3.0 HFP, HSP, PBAP and OPP
- MicroSD card slot (for cards up to 8GB)