Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 SOS PRO Amplified Cordless Telephone and Pendant
Featuring an extra-loud cordless phone and SOS pendant, both of which have one-touch emergency buttons, the Geemarc AmpliDECT 595 SOS PRO Amplified Cordless Telephone and Pendant is a brilliant option for both home and professional care environments. Unlike many emergency pagers, this SOS pendant has a receiver, allowing the user to talk back to whoever they're calling in an emergency. Both the phone and pendant are designed for ease-of-use and both feature adjustable volumes.
- 1 x Telephone, including:
- 1 x Base Station with Answering Machine
- 1 x Cordless Handset
- 1 x Telephone Line Cord
- 3 x NiMH Rechargeable Batteries
- 1 x AC Power Adaptor
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x SOS Pendant, including:
- 1 x Cordless Pendant
- 1 x Power Adaptor
- 1 x Lanyard with Breakout Clip
- 1 x User Guide
Key Features of the AmpliDECT 595 SOS PRO
- Loud, adjustable receiver (up to 50dB) provides clear sound for the hard of hearing
- Extremely loud and adjustable ringer (up to 80dB) ideal for hard of hearing and elderly users
- Ergonomic design with big, backlit buttons for easy of use, even for the vision impaired
- Adjustable speaker volume for easier communication
- Recordable emergency voice message available or pre-recorded message in four languages
- Phone book saves up to 50 numbers for convenience
- Call log for 20 incoming numbers and last 10 outgoing calls
- Ringtone can be customised for particular contacts
- Provides up to 10 hours of continuous talk time
- SOS pendant notifies when low battery or out of range
- Answering machine offers 30 minutes of recording time
Extra-Loud Design is Ideal for Hard-of-Hearing
Standard phones are often too quiet for the hard of hearing. The AmpliDECT 595 Cordless Phone features an extremely loud ringer (up to 80dB) on both the handset and the base, while the receiver goes up to 50dB. Both settings are adjustable as well, to best suit your personal circumstances.
SOS Pendant Increases Safety
The SOS pendant is a simple yet effective device that can be carried around the home or worn around your neck, allowing you to call for help with a single button and without being near the phone. This is ideal for elderly and disabled users, or anybody who is prone to accidents around the house. It features two one-touch memory buttons for pre-programmed numbers, along with volume control and a microphone.
Is This Phone Easy to Use by the Elderly?
The AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Telephone is designed to be easy to use even for those who might find using a traditional cordless phone overwhelming. If the handset is on the base station, all you need to do to answer a call is to pick up the handset. If the handset is not on the charging cradle, you'll need to press either the green button or the speaker button to answer a call (two speaker button presses activates speakerphone).
How Does the SOS Button Work?
As well as the SOS pendant, there is an SOS button located on the right-hand side of every AmpliDECT 595 handset. Once pressed, this will send a pre-recorded emergency message to four pre-selected contacts, alerting them to ascertain the safety of the user. If you do not wish to use the SOS button function, simply refrain from entering the emergency contacts, and the button will remain non-functional.
Can I Set A Distinct Ringtone for Each Caller?
You can set a different ring for each caller in your phonebook, allowing the user to easily identify the caller from the ring alone. Each AmpliDECT 595 handset features five standard rings and five polyphonic rings, while the base itself features five standard rings. This provides plenty of room for customisation to ensure important numbers can have a distinct ring.
Additional SOS Pendants Available
This set includes one SOS Pendant, but the handset can be paired with up to four pendants. You can buy additional pendants separately.
Technical Specifications of Amplified Telephone
- Powered by DC adapter (supplied)
- 3 x AAA ni-Mh 1.2V 600mA batteries (supplied)
- Standby time: 2 days
- Continuous talk time: 10 hours
- Indoor: up to 50m
- Open field: up to 300m
Technical Specifications of SOS Handset
- 300mAh Li-Polymer battery
- Standby time: 100 hours
- Continuous in-use time: 5 hours
- Indoor range: 30 meters
- Open field range: 200 meters
- Alarm Pendant weight: 58g