Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Photo Amplified Cordless Telephone with Answering Machine
For elderly individuals, something as simple as using a telephone can be too difficult a task, and hearing loss only makes this issue worse. The Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Photo Amplified Cordless Telephone with Answering Machine is an ideal telephone for elderly users, with a loud receiver for easier conversations and photo buttons for instant dialling of important numbers.
What's Included with the AmpliDECT 295 Photo Cordless Telephone?
- 1 x Base station
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 1 x AC power adaptor
- 1 x Ni-Mh rechargeable battery pack
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User's manual
How Loud Is This Amplified Telephone?
Both the receiver volume and the ringing volume of the AmpliDECT 295 Cordless Telephone can be adjusted. The receiver volume goes up to 30dB, while the ringing volume can be turned all the way up to 80dB.
How Easy to Set Up Is the AmpliDECT 295?
The process of setting up this Cordless Amplified Telephone is very straightforward. All you need to do is:
- Plug the adaptor into a wall socket, and the line cord into a telephone jack or a DSL filter (not included).
- On the handset, insert the battery pack (included) in the battery compartment and replace the cover.
- Charge the handset by placing it face forward in the base. You will hear a beep when the handset is charging in the charger.
You can learn more about how to set up the cordless telephone by viewing the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
Is This Amplified Telephone Suitable for People with Dementia?
The AmpliDECT 295 Amplified Telephone is designed to be easy to use even for those who might find using a traditional cordless phone overwhelming. The "Auto Answer" function allows the user to be able to answer a call by simply picking up the handset from the charging cradle, without having to remember to press any buttons. This is ideal for users who are used to answering the phone this way.
If the handset is not on the charging cradle, however, you need to press either the green button or the speaker button to answer a call. Pressing the button twice activates the speakerphone.
Does the Phone Light Up When Receiving a Call?
When an incoming call is detected, the red LED light at the top of each handset will illuminate. This light brightly and steadily flashes, clearly signifying that a call is on the line.
How Do the Photo Buttons Work?
AmpliDECT 295 systems, both the base and handset versions, are equipped with photo speed dial buttons that allow you to contact your loved ones at the touch of a button. You can use this easy-to-use template to upload your own pictures, and then print them out in the right size for the photo phone buttons.
Please note that for base and handset combination sets, the memory buttons on the handset will retrieve the same set of direct memory speed dial entries stored in the base.
How Do I Apply the Photos?
The photo buttons can be flipped up, at which point you can easily insert the photos that you have cut to size. The diagram below shows the process of placing your photos into the photo buttons.
How Many Additional Handsets Can I Connect to the Base?
The Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Photo Amplified Cordless Telephone allows you to connect up to four additional handsets. The base is compatible with the following handsets:
Moreover, a Twin Pack is also available. This pack includes the Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Photo Amplified Cordless Telephone and one Extra Handset for a more cost-efficient solution.
How Is the AmpliDECT 295 Photo Cordless Telephone Powered?
The base needs to be connected to a mains via the power adaptor included with this purchase. The handset comes with a rechargeable battery pack. The battery will last for two days on standby, and allows for 10 hours of continuous talk time.
Does the Phone Include an Answering Machine?
As well as making phone calls easier, the AmpliDECT 295 also features a built-in answering machine. The answering machine can store up to 59 messages within the maximum recording time of approximately 15 minutes. Messages can be deleted individually or all at once and feature a timestamp for easier management.
Key Features of the Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Phone
- Loud receiver (up to 30dB) provides clear sound for the hard of hearing
- Ten photo memory buttons remove the need to remember phone numbers – great for elderly users
- Fully hearing aid compatible for clearer conversation
- Large keys and numbers make dialling easy and clear
- Speakerphone built into base and handset for versatile use
- Caller ID compatible – see who's calling before you answer
- Built-in answering machine with 15 minutes of recording time
- Phonebook capacity: up to 50 numbers
- Redial capacity: last 10 outgoing calls
- Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish and Russian
- Battery: Ni-Mh 2.4V
- Standby time: 2 days
- Continuous talk time: 10 hours
- Indoor: 50 metres
- Outdoor: 300 metres
- Handset dimensions (LxWxD): 172 x 55 x 25mm
- Base station dimensions (WxDxH): 136 x 91 x 105mm