Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Photo Amplified Cordless Telephone Photo Pack
If you often find yourself missing a phone call because you can't rush to it in time, using a cordless system with more than just one handset might make life easier for you. The Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Photo Amplified Cordless Telephone Photo Pack includes a cordless telephone, plus an extra cordless handset, which allows you to have excellent amplified telephone connection in two rooms of your house.
What's Included with the Twin Pack?
To make sure you can easily answer the phone anywhere in the home, the Photo Pack includes:
Furthermore, the Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Photo Amplified Cordless Telephone includes the following components:
- 1 x Base station
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 1 x AC power adaptor
- 1 x Ni-Mh rechargeable battery
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User's manual
The Photo Handset includes:
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 1 x Power adaptor
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Ni-Mh battery pack
- 1 x User manual
How Loud Is This Amplified Telephone?
Both the cordless telephone and the additional handset feature adjustable receiving volume that goes up to 30dB. The ringtone on the handset goes up to 75dB, while the ringtone on the base goes up to 80dB.
How Easy to Set Up Is This Pack?
The process of setting up the cordless phone and then connecting the additional handset is very straightforward:
- First, you will need to set up the corded base by plugging the adaptor into a power socket and the telephone line cord into a telephone jack or a DSL filter.
- To install the cordless handset, insert the supplied batteries and charge the handset by placing it face forward in the base.
- You can install and charge the Photo Handset in the same manner. To connect it with the base, first place the base in "Registration Mode".
- Then replace the handset on the charging cradle, as which point a red LED will flash to indicate the registration is in process. Once the registration process is complete, you will hear a confirmation tone. It may take up to 60 seconds to complete the registration.
You can learn more about how to set up this cordless system by viewing the user manuals linked below:
|User Manual for the Base and Phone ||User Manual for the Cordless Handset |
| || |
How Many Additional Handsets Can I Connect?
The Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Photo Amplified Cordless Telephone allows you to connect up to four additional handsets. The base is compatible with the Photo Handset (one of which is included with this purchase), as well as the Extra Handset.
The base can be connected with up to four additional handsets
Is This Suitable for Users with Dementia?
The AmpliDECT 295 Amplified Telephone is designed to be easy to use even for those who might find using a traditional cordless phone overwhelming. The "Auto Answer" function allows the user to be able to answer a call by simply picking up the handset from the charging cradle, without having to remember to press any buttons. This is ideal for users who are used to answering the phone this way.
Moreover, the base comes with 10 photo buttons, which allows you to call those closest to you by pressing a single button, and the handset comes with four photo buttons. You can use this easy-to-use template to upload you own pictures, and then print them out in the right size for the photo phone buttons.
The base is equipped with photo buttons for easier dialling
The cordless handset can be equipped with four photo buttons as well. You can use this template to print your images to fit on the cordless handset.
You can add your own pictures to the handset as well
How Is the 295 Amplified Telephone Powered?
The base and the charging cradle for the cordless handset need to be connected to a mains via power adaptors included with this purchase. The handset and the extra handset each comes with a rechargeable battery pack. Both the cordless phone and the extra handset will last for two days on standby. The cordless phone allows for 10 hours of continuous talk time, while the extra handset allows for eight hours of talk time.
Does This Set Include an Answering Machine?
Yes, the telephone base includes an answering machine that records unanswered calls when it is on. The answering machine can store up to 59 messages within the maximum recording time of approximately 15 minutes. As well as recording incoming messages, you can record memos for other users of your phone.
Which Phones Are Compatible with This Additional Handset?
This additional handset is compatible with the following products:
- Phonebook capacity: up to 50 numbers
- Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish and Russian
- Battery: Ni-Mh 2.4V 600mA
- Standby time: 2 days
- Continuous talk time: 10 hours
- Indoor: 50 metres
- Outdoor: 300 metres
- Handset dimensions (LxWxD): 172 x 55 x 25mm
- Base station dimensions (WxDxH): 136 x 91 x 105mm