Emporia TouchSmart V188 Touchscreen Flip Phone with Traditional Keypad
Adapting to touchscreens can be a challenging process if you've become used to physical buttons over the course of your life. The Emporia Touchsmart V188 Touchscreen Flip Phone with Traditional Keypad has both a traditional keypad and a modern touchscreen, allowing for a smooth and seamless transition from using traditional mobiles and more modern smartphones. This smart flip phone comes with WhatsApp pre-installed to take all the fuss out of keeping in touch with friends and loved ones.
- Hearing aid compatible
- SIM NOT included
- Compatible with any major phone network
- 1 x Emporia TouchSmart V188 Touchscreen Flip Phone with Traditional Keypad
- 1 x Micro-USB charging cable with a mains adaptor
- 1 x Lithium-ion battery 3.8V / 1400mAh
- 1 x User guide
- 1 x WhatsApp guide
- 1 x Spare phone back that covers up the emergency button
- 1 x Headset
- 1 x Charging cradle that can hold the phone while it charges
What Makes The Emporia Touchsmart V188 Easy to Use?
This phone has a variety of features that make it simple and easy to use, including the combination of of touchscreen and traditional keypad that makes the transition from using buttons to a touchscreen much easier. WhatsApp comes pre-installed on this phone and is accessed via a dedicated, clearly labelled button to make keeping in touch as easy and hassle-free as possible.
How Easy Is it to Hear This Smart Flip Phone?
Emporia phones are designed to be accessible for people with limited hearing, they feature an adjustable volume that goes very loud, allowing for clear communication. The Emporia TouchSmart is also compatible with hearing aids, up to and including the M4/T4 specification, which is the highest specification of hearing aid. The adjustable volume lets you turn the volume down to a more suitable level if you're not hard of hearing.
How Easy Is it to Read This Touchscreen Clamshell Phone?
With a very large 3.35" touch screen, this phone is easy to read for people with limited vision. The external screen that shows when the screen is closed is 1.54" and shows clearly with a notification LED light when you have a message or missed call.
What Kind of SIM Card Does This Mobile Use?
This phone is designed to use a Nano SIM card, the most modern type of SIM that fits the most data into the smallest physical space. The lightweight design of the Nano-SIM allows the phone to be slimmer, more elegant and leaves room for other hardware.
Which Networks Will This Phone Work With?
The Emporia TouchSmart is supplied unlocked, meaning that it will work with SIM cards from all major UK mobile networks. Simply place your Nano-SIM card of choice and the phone will do the rest.
Is This Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, this phone has been designed to work with all hearing aids including M4/T4 (the highest standard of hearing aid). The user guide contains all the details necessary for use of the phone with hearing aids.
What Features Make This Phone Easy to Use for Seniors?
The touch display is large and feature a small number of icons to make menu navigation easy. The emergency button that this phone comes with it entirely optional, if you don't want you can simply use the spare phone back that covers up the button entirely. The spare phone back is included in your purchase.
How Does the Emergency Button Feature Work?
The optional heart shaped Emporia emergency button is located at the back of the phone and has a fivefold set of safety features that help give you and your loved ones peace of mind. It can be easily disabled by using the spare phone back included in your purchase, which completely covers the emergency button, preventing it from being pressed.
The Fivefold Safety Features Are:
- When the emergency button is pressed, up to five predefined contacts that you choose when setting up the phone will be called until someone answers.
- The phone will automatically go to loudspeaker mode so that communication can be clear and audible, even if the user can't get to the phone.
- A pre-prepared emergency SMS text will be sent to a pre-set "emergency" contact number. (Please do not use 999 for this number)
- GPS-enabled phones will provide their coordinates with the emergency call, allowing emergency services to know the exact location of the person pressing the emergency button.
- A loud alarm tone will sound when the emergency button is pressed to help draw the attention of anyone in the vicinity to the emergency situation.
Where Can I Find More Information?
If you wish to know anything more about this product please click here for access to the user manual.
Key Features and Benefits of the Emporia TouchSmart
This Emporia phone is simple to use but contains many optional features for users who feel more comfortable with modern smartphones. Some key features include:
- Pre-installed WhatsApp with a special WhatsApp shortcut button for ease of use
- 5 Megapixel camera main camera
- 2 Megapixel front camera for selfies
- Vibration alarm
- Highly adjustable call and ring volume
- Bluetooth 4.0 compatible
- A phone book can hold over 1000 contacts
- A bright built-in LED flashlight
- Alarm clock
- Pictures can be transferred to a PC
- Internet browser
- FM radio
- 4G Network: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- WCDMA: 850/900/2100MHz
- FDD BAND 1/3/5/7/8/20
- WIFI: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wifi-display
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS Enabled
- Operating System: Android Go, 8.1 (adapted)
- SIM card type: Nano-Sim
- Dimensions: 113.8 x 56.7 x 20.6mm
- Weight: 127g
- Battery: Lithium-ion 1400mAh
- Standby battery time: 200hr (4G network)
- Talk battery time: 450min (3G network)
- Display: 3.35“ TFT IPS Touchscreen, 480x854pixels
- External Display: 1.54” TFT IPS, 240x240pixels
- Main Camera: 5 megapixel
- Front Camera: 2 megapixel
- Internal storage: 4GB ROM + 512MB RAM
- Micro SD card slot (for cards up to 64GB)
- SIM card type: Nano-SIM
- Manufacturer's warranty: 12 months