Emporia S4 Simple Smartphone for Seniors
Adapting to smartphone technology can be a challenge for people who are used to technology with buttons, that's why Emporia make their phones as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. The Emporia S4 Simple Smartphone for Seniors has been designed with large icons, a magnifying glass app to make it easy to read and WhatsApp pre-installed to make keeping in contact as hassle-free as possible.
- Hearing aid compatible
- Speech-to-text functionality
- In-phone App installer guide
- Includes optional SOS emergency button
- 1 x Emporia S4 Simple Smartphone for Seniors
- 1 x Lithium-ion battery (replaceable), 2500 mAh
- 1 x Spare battery cover without the emergency button
- 1 x USB-C charging cable with a mains plug
- 1 x Headset
- 1 x User guide
- 1 x Extensive training guide (explaining apps and other smartphone features)
Click here to see our unboxing video for the Emporia Smart S4.
Learn More About the Emporia S4 Smartphone
Find out more about what makes the Emporia S4 Simple Smartphone such a great choice by watching the video below:
How Easy Is the Emporia S4 to Use for the Elderly?
The Emporia S4 is designed to be the ideal entry point into the world of modern smartphone technology, with features such as the in-phone app installer guide, this smartphone for seniors makes it easy to dive into the wonders of the modern world. With large, clearly labelled icons and three virtual screens you can swipe between, the Emporia S4 keeps things simple, elegant and intuitive.
Will I Be Able to Hear This Phone?
Emporia phones are consistently designed to be loud and clear, allowing for easy and stress-free communication. The Emporia S4's volume is fully adjustable and can accommodate users with a wide range of different hearing abilities, making this phone ideal for those who are hard of hearing.
How Easy Is Reading the Screen?
Featuring a large 5" touchscreen that includes 1" square icons, this is one of the easiest to read smartphones that money can buy and the giant icons make menu navigation as intuitive and simple as pressing a button. If you wish to read emails, messages or browse the internet then the easy-to-find and simple-to-use magnifier app can be used just like a physical magnifying glass to enhance the size of both text and images.
Can I Assign Photos to Contacts?
Yes, you can assign a photo to each of your contacts, which will be displayed beside the contact's name in your phonebook. This allows for easy recognition of friends and loved ones, which can be very useful for those with memory difficulties.
How Good are the Emporia S4's Cameras?
The main camera on this phone boasts and impressive 13 megapixel resolution and is capable of taking pictures with fantastic detail, which is ideal for capturing those special moments. Also included on this phone is a 5 megapixel front camera that is ideal for video calls and for the more technologically adventurous user, for taking selfies.
How Does the Emergency Button Feature Work?
The optional heart shaped Emporia emergency button is located at the back of the phone, underneath the camera and has a fivefold set of safety features that help give you and your loved ones peace of mind. It can be easily disabled by using the spare phone back included in your purchase, which completely covers the emergency button, preventing it from being pressed.
Fivefold Safety Features
- When the emergency button is pressed, up to five predefined contacts that you choose when setting up the phone will be called until someone answers
- The phone will automatically go to loudspeaker mode so that communication can be clear and audible despite limited mobility or other issues
- A pre-prepared emergency SMS text will be sent to an emergency number
- GPS-enabled phones will provide their coordinates with the emergency call, allowing emergency services to know the exact location of the person pressing the emergency button
- A loud alarm tone will sound when the emergency button is pressed to help draw the attention of anyone in the vicinity to the emergency situation
Is This Phone Waterproof?
While we don't recommend submerging your phone completely in water, it is certified with IP54-rated splash resistance, meaning you don't have to worry if it gets wet. This rating also means it's dust resistant which helps extend the lifetime of the phone, meaning you get more value for money.
Does the Emporia S4 Smartphone Have a Torch?
Yes, as is the standard for most modern mobile phones, a bright torch is included at the rear. This is great for any time you find yourself in a dark situation, and also provides a nice flash for low-light pictures.
How Fast is This Smartphone?
With a 1.5Hz Quadcore processor, this phone will switch between apps and complete tasks instantly with near instant speed. It's also fully Wi-Fi enabled and able to connect to the fastest 4G networks, allowing you to browse the internet quickly and efficiently.
What Kind of SIM Card Does This Mobile Use?
This phone is designed to use a Nano-SIM, which is the most modern and smallest SIM card available. The Nano-SIM can hold the most data relative to it's size and allows the phone to combine having loads of memory and a slim, sleek design.
Does the Emporia S4 Simple Smartphone Support 5G?
No, the Emporia S4 Smartphone is compatible with 4G signal only and will not support 5G connectivity.
Which Networks Will This Phone Work With?
The Emporia Smartphone for Seniors is supplied unlocked, meaning that it will work with SIM cards from all major UK mobile networks. Simply insert the Nano-SIM from your choice of network provider and the phone will do the rest.
What Other Features Does This Phone Have?
- Pre-installed internet browser
- Weather checking application
- Full Email functionality
- Alarm clock that includes a snooze function
- Vibrating alert which is ideal for the hard of hearing
- A calendar to help keep track of important dates
- A calculator to make challenging maths easy
- Fully hands-free compatible
- 4G/FDD LTE (MHz): 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600
- 3G/WCDMA (MHz): 900/2100
- 2G/GSM (MHz): 850/900/1800/1900
- WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Network speed: 4G
- Rear camera: 13 Megapixel
- Front-facing camera: 5 Megapixel
- Screen size: 5" (11cm)
- Battery: 2500 mAh
- Receiver Decibel Level: 78.1dB
- Ringer Decibel Level: 81.1dB
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- Processor speed: 1.5 GHz Octa Core CPU
- RAM: 3GB
- 5G compatible?: No
- Onboard storage: 32GB (expandable to 64 GB with Micro SD)
- SIM card type: Nano-SIM, One SIM slot
- OS: Android 10
- Charging cable: Micro USB-C
- Headphone Port: 3.5mm
- Status: Unlocked
- Mains plug: 5.0 V - 1.5 A
- Dimensions: 138 x 66 x 11mm
- Weight: 155g
- Device guarantee: 12 months
- Battery guarantee: 6 months