Emporia GD61AH Additional Handset
You can connect up to four of these additional handsets to any of the other products in the GD61 range using the GAP technology, which makes setting up the phone network simple and almost instantaneous. The Emporia GD61AH Additional Handset can amplify the volume received by up to 25dB and features large buttons that make dialling easier for those with limited vision or dexterity.
- Receiver volume amplified up to 25dB
- Ringer volume adjustable up to 80dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Caller ID function
- 1 x Emporia GD61AH Additional Handset
- 1 x Charging cradle
- 1 x Standard telephone line cable
- 1 x Mains power cable
- 2 x Rechargeable batteries
- 1 x User guide
How Loud Is the Emporia GD61AH Extra Handset?
The Emporia GD61AH additional handset is a great choice for users who are hard of hearing due to the highly adjustable receiver volume. The volume of the receiver can be increased by up to 25dB with the intuitive and easy to find buttons on the side of the phone. Emporia phones are fantastic because they can increase the volume while maintaining the crystal clear sound, removing the irritation of having to repeat yourself.
How Easy Is this Handset to Read?
With large keys that are high contrast and a brightly illuminated LCD display this phone makes life easy for those with limited vision. The caller ID shows the caller's number and will come up with a name if the contact is saved in the phone book.
How Easy To Use Is the Phone Book?
The phone book can save up to 50 contacts using an intuitive system that is clearly explained in the user manual. This handset's menus have been designed to be easy to navigate, making it simple to browse the list of received calls, redial previous numbers or call people back.
What Phones Are Compatible With the GD61AH Spare Handset?
Any phones from the GD61 range will be simple to connect with the GD1AH thanks to the intuitive and user friendly GAP technology. Some of the fantastic options from this range include:
- The Emporia GD61 Large Button Cordless Phone for Seniors is a simple and intuitive phone that affords you the freedom of a cordless phone combined with the ease-of-use of a large button, old-school corded phone.
- The Emporia GD61AB Cordless Phone and Answering Machine is similar to the GD61, however it also includes a digital answering machine with up to 60 minutes of recorded message time.
- The Emporia GD61ABB Amplified Corded Phone and Additional Cordless Handset is an old-school corded house phone with extremely large buttons and an additional cordless handset sold together as a bundle to offer fantastic value for money.
How Long Do the Batteries Last?
On standby mode the batteries can last up to 100 hours and when the handset is in continuous the batteries will last for up to 10 hours without being charged. If you want to make the handset even louder by using the hands-free mode then you will still get up to 2 hours of continuous use from this handset before it needs to be charged again, giving you plenty of time to catch up with friends and loved ones without worrying about the time.
What are the Advantages of GAP Technology?
The acronym GAP stands for Generic Access Profile, and this GAP technology is what allows Emporia phones to connect with each other so easily and quickly. Some of the advantages of wireless GAP technology include:
- Clarity: The combination of GAP technology and Emporia handsets ensures crystal clear signal quality
- Large Home Network: GAP compatibility allows you to link up to 4 additional handsets together quickly, easily and securely
- Home Security: Can be linked via the GAP network to an intercom, letting you talk to anyone who rings the doorbell
How Easy is the Emporia GD61AH Handset for Seniors to Use?
The Emporia GD61AH handset is designed to be as easy to set up and use as possible. The large buttons, clear sound and ease of set-up all combine to make this handset exceptionally intuitive and hassle-free.
Key Features and Benefits of the GD61AH Amplified Phone
- Giant, high-contrast keys designed for those with limited vision or dexterity
- Large, illuminated display ideal for those with limited vision
- Caller ID displayed clearly so you can see who's calling
- Power-saving Eco mode allows you to reduce battery use
- Loud, clear volume makes communication easier
- Includes a hands-free feature that is simple to use and easy to activate
- Optional keypad lock and a 4-digit PIN code for added security if you want it
- Multilingual menus that are available in 16 different languages
- Ten different ringtones to choose from
- NiMH batteries: 400 mAh
- Standby battery time: Up to 100 hours
- Continuous operation battery time: Up to 10 hours
- Hands free mode battery time: Up to 2 hours
- Inside building range: Up to 50 metres
- Outdoors range: Up to 300 metres
- Dimensions: 18 x 5.3 x 3cm
- Weight: 112g