Amplicomms BigTel 1582 Number Blocker Amplified Phone with Voicemail and Additional Handset
With the Amplicomms BigTel 1582 Number Blocker Amplified Phone with Voicemail and Additional Handset you can stop unwanted phone calls with the intuitive, dedicated number blocker button, it also includes two handsets with highly adjustable amplification and a voicemail with 30 minutes recording time. This deal is phenomenally good value, allowing you to get all the benefits of a voicemail and additional handset at an incredible price.
- Receiver volume: 35dB (6x louder than a standard phone)
- Ringer decibel: adjustable up to 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Includes voicemail with up to 30 minutes recording time
- 1 x Amplicomms BigTel 1580 Amplified Phone with Number Blocker and Voicemail
- 1 x Amplicomms 1501 Additional Handset (also with number blocker features)
- 2 x RJ11 removeable telephone cable with BT adaptor plug
- 2 x AC mains power cable with plug
- 4 x AAA rechargeable batteries (two for each phone)
How Does the Number Blocker Work?
The number blocker function on this phone has 3 different modes according to the degree of privacy you desire:
- Manual: You can add numbers to a blacklist that will prevent them from calling you again by pressing the dedicated number blocker button on the phone keypad.
- Contacts: In this mode any number not previously saved in your phonebook will be blocked from calling you. All phonebook contacts will be able to ring you as normal.
- VIP: In this mode only the previously saved phonebook contacts you designate as VIPs will be able to call you, all numbers apart from your chosen VIP contacts will be blocked from calling you.
Please note: To use the call blocker function, you must have Caller ID enabled from your telephone service provider.
How Loud Are the Amplicomms BigTel 1582 Phones?
Featuring a one-touch volume boost button on the side of the handsets, these amplified telephones receiver volumes can be increased by 35dB (decibels). The ringer volume is adjustable up to 90dB, which is loud enough to be suitable for the vast majority of users.
How Easy Are the Number Blocker Phones to Use?
Due to the large, high-quality screens and the ergonomic big-button keypads, these phones are simple to operate, even for users with limited vision or dexterity. The intuitive menu is easy to use and the clear, concise user guide helps make this phone even more user-friendly.
Say goodbye to nuisance calls with the fantastic number blocker feature
Is This Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
This amplified phone is fully hearing aid compatible, up to and including the M4/T4 specification, which is the highest specification of hearing aid available. The combination of great amplification and hearing aid compatibility make this phone especially suitable for those who are hard of hearing.
Can I Connect Additional Handsets to These Phones?
It's simple and easy to add additional handsets with any Amplicomms phones, simply select the base you would like to connect to through the intuitive menu and enter your 4 digit pin (the pin is set to 0000 by default). This phone can connect to a maximum of two additional handsets in addition to the one included in your purchase.
Is the Caller ID Function Clear and Easy to Read?
The caller number is displayed on a large, clear screen, and if the number has been previously saved it will display the contact name instead. It's easy to save numbers into the phonebook by copying them from the Caller ID Log, which keeps a record of the last 50 incoming calls, including the date and time of the call.
What Features Does the Voicemail Include?
The voicemail can record messages of up to 30 minutes and will give you a warning when they begin to get full.
Does These Phones Have Speed Dial?
There are three speed dial buttons that have been clearly marked "M1, M2 and M3" at the top of both phone's keypads. Simply press the memory key when you are setting up the phone, enter a name and number and you'll be able to reach that contact with a press of the button, taking all the hassle out of staying in touch with friends and family.
Does This Phone Have a Dial Tone?
No this Amplicomms BigTel phone does not have a dial tone. It's ready to use, even when you can't hear a recurring tone.
Is This Phone Compatible With Digital Routers?
BT have announced that by 2025, all analogue phone lines will be switched off, meaning landline phones will need to be compatible with digital routers and hubs. In preparation for the changeover, all Amplicomms Telephones are now fully compatible with digital networks. Amplicomms have confirmed that all phones are suitable for a digital network after testing at BT and Talk Talk labs.
Where Can I Find More Information?
If you are looking for more in-depth information about the BigTel 1582 deal, please click here for the comprehensive user guide.
- Batteries: 4 x Standard AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries (included in purchase)
- Indoor phone range: 50 metres
- Outdoor phone range: 300 metres
- Standby battery time: Up to 100 hours
- In-call battery time: Up to 10 hours
- Telephone cable: RJ11
- Power cable: Low power consumption AC mains adaptor
- Base dimensions: (LxWxH) 11 x 8 x 8cm
- Handset dimensions: (LxWxH) 17.7 x 3 x 5.2cm