Doro Super Simple Mobile Phone with Assistance Button (780X IUP)
Standard mobile phones can be challenging to use for older people, especially those who struggle with dexterity problems and other vulnerabilities. The Doro Super Simple Mobile Phone with Assistance Button (780X IUP) is designed to make it easy to stay in touch with name labels for three important contacts, and comes with additional safety features so you'll feel confident that your loved one will get the help they need in the event of a fall or other emergency.
- 1 x Mobile Phone
- 1 x Charging Cable
- 1 x Charging Cradle
- 1 x Headset
- Receiver Volume: 35dB (6x louder than a regular mobile phone)
- Ringer Volume: 83dB
- Visual Ring Indicator: Yes
- Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes (T4/M3)
- Speed-Dial: Yes, for Three Contacts
What Makes The Doro Super Simple Mobile Such a Great Phone?
The Doro Super Simple Mobile is designed for those who have trouble with complicated, modern mobile phones. Created for those with moderate hearing, vision, dexterity and memory problems, the Doro Super Simple Mobile is an easy-to-use mobile with extra safety features for peace of mind. The key features and benefits of this phone include:
- Loud Ringer and Receiver: Loud and clear sound with adjustable volume settings so you won't miss important calls
- Simplified Keypad with Large Buttons: Features three large buttons with name labels so you don't have to recall numbers or navigate complicated menus to call your most important contacts
- Extra Safety Features: Response button to alert trusted contacts that help is needed, 'man down' function and safety timer for added peace of mind
- Easy-To-Use Interface: Wide display screen, widely-spaced high-contrast keys, and backlit keypad for enhanced visibility
Other benefits include:
- Communication made straightforward and simple
- Durable and splash proof for easy cleaning
- Can receive SMS messages but not send them
- Elegantly simple design; less is more
- Features buttons instead of a touchscreen for simplicity
- Dual-SIM device; use two numbers in one phone
- Warning signal when phone battery is low
- Built-in alarm function with nine-minute snooze feature
- Bluetooth enabled (version 4.2) to connect to other devices
How Loud is the Doro Super Simple Mobile Phone?
For the hard of hearing, regular mobile phones often aren't loud enough to meet their needs, with a normal incoming volume of approximately 8 - 10dB's. The Doro Mobile Phone is fitted with a 35dB earpiece - 6 times louder than a regular mobile phone - making it much easier to have a conversation. The ringer volume has 7 volume settings, and can be set to a maximum of >83dB (measured at 1 metre) so you won't miss important calls.
Who Can Use the Doro Easy Mobile Phone?
Designed with vulnerable persons and seniors in mind, the Doro Mobile prioritises safety and makes the experience of using a mobile as easy as possible. Featuring loud and clear sound, large keys and a high visual contrast, the Doro Simple Mobile is easier to use than regular mobile phones. The Doro Simple Mobile Phone enables users to call their three most important contacts without navigating any menus, and therefore is particularly helpful for those with limited dexterity, memory loss and impaired vision.
We recommend the Doro Mobile Phone for anyone who wants mobile phone that does the basics well, particularly those with the following conditions and symptoms:
- Arthritis and other reduced-dexterity conditions
- Alzheimer's and other memory-loss conditions
- The hard-of-hearing and those who use hearing aids
- Those with visual impairments
Is the Doro Super Simple Mobile Phone Easy to Use?
Most phones these days come with touchscreens which can be quite confusing for some people to use, and require a high degree of accuracy. The Doro Simple Phone comes with three large buttons that are large enough to suit those with limited dexterity. helping to make communication easier. The Doro Super Simple Mobile allows users to receive but not send SMS messages, and the sender will get a 'message opened' receipt when the Doro user reads it.
Does the Doro Simple Mobile Have Any Safety Features?
With the built-in assistance button of the Doro Simple Mobile, your loved ones will be called when you need help. To activate the assistance button, simply press and hold the button for three seconds, or press it twice within one second. You can select up to five contacts for your emergency assistance list. Your first selected contact will be dialled once the assistance call is activated, and if they don't answer after 25 seconds, the second contact will be automatically dialled. The assistance call is pre-set to handsfree mode for ease of use.
What Is the 'Man Down' Function?
If the phone is tilted approximately 45° from horizontal position for more than 30 seconds, an emergency alarm will be sent to a predefined contact. This is particularly useful for seniors who live or work alone, as it allows prompt intervention in case of an emergency.
What Is the Safety Timer Function For?
The Doro Simple Mobile features a safety timer to alert your loved ones via the Response by Doro app if a timer isn't deactivated within a certain timeframe. This is helpful to monitor activities that may present a risk or which may leave the Doro user unable to call for help.
For example, the timer can be set before taking a shower, and if it is not deactivated, your assistance contacts will be be notified. One the timer has expired, the Doro user will be asked 'Are you OK?' to prompt deactivation of the alarm.
Can the Doro Super Simple Mobile Help in An Emergency?
Featuring ICE (In Case of Emergency), you can add information such as next of kin and medication details to your phone for first responders to access in the event of an emergency. The GPS function allows you to monitor the Doro users location using the Response by Doro app, so you'll feel confident knowing where your loved one is at all times.
How Does the Doro Simple Mobile Help Those with Memory Loss?
The Doro Phone features three phonebook positions with name labels, making your most-relied on loved ones easily accessible. As well as serving as a morning alarm clock, the built-in alarm feature can be set as a useful daily reminder to take medication or attend appointments for those who benefit from a prompt.
The 'Response by Doro' Button and App
The Doro Simple Mobile features a response button on the back. When pressed, the predefined 'responders' will be alerted via the Response by Doro app that the Doro user needs assistance, and their GPS location will be shown.
Are the Numbers and Keys Easy to See?
The Doro Simple Phone also features an inverted, bright LCD display, making it easy to use for those with vision issues. The called ID function shows the caller's number and name in large, bold letters, if that contact is saved in the phone book.
How Long Does the Doro Mobile Battery Last?
With up to 330 hours of standby time and up to 8 hours of talking time, the Doro Phone boasts a long battery life, allowing you to stay connected throughout the day. The Doro Mobile also features a handy low-battery warning signal, so you exactly when your Doro Mobile needs charging.
- Ring Volume: >83dB
- Receiver Volume: 35dB
- Polyphonic Ring Tones: 22
- Visual Ring Indicator: Yes
- HD Voice Certified: Yes
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: T4/M3, T3/M3
- Speaker Volume Settings: 15
- Volume Settings: 7
- Screen Resolution: 320 x 240
- Screen Size: 7.1cm (2.8 ")
- Weight: approx 117g
- Size: 138 x 60 x 13 mm
- Battery Talk Time: 8 Hours
- Battery Standby Time: 330 Hours
- Battery Capacity: 1600mAh
- Memory Card Supported: MicroSD
- Memory Card Slot: Yes
- Memory: 3 Named Contacts
- Contract Type: SIM-free
- Cellular Data Connectivity Technology: A-GPS
- Number of SIM Card Supported: 2
- SIM Size Supported: Micro
- Cellular Generation: 4G
- Cellular Network Supported: GSM 900, 1800 and 1900
Click here to view the User Manual.