Doro 2404 Mobile Flip Phone with Large Colour Display and Emergency Button
Make texting and calling easy again with the Doro 2404 Mobile Flip Phone with Large Colour Display and Emergency Button. Designed with seniors in mind, the Doro Flip Phone helps you to stay connected even when challenges like physical dexterity, poor eyesight and hearing loss make everyday activities more difficult. Featuring an assistance button for extra safety, the Doro Flip Phone is simpler than a touchscreen phone with its large, backlit keys, and has a soft touch coating for better grip.
- 1 x Mobile Phone
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Headset
Please note this phone is incompatible with the Three network.
- Receiver Volume: 35dB (6x louder than standard)
- Ringer Volume: 83dB
- Hearing Aid Compatible: No
Why Is The Doro Easy Flip Phone a Great Phone?
The Doro Easy Flip Mobile is designed to make your experience with technology stress-free. Benefits include:
- Loud Ringer and Receiver: Loud and clear sound with adjustable volume settings so you won't miss important calls
- Simple to Use: Simplified operating system and easy-to-view screen
- Extra Safety Features: Response button alerts your selected contacts that you are in need of help
Key Features and Benefits
- Makes communication simple and straightforward
- Receiver volume of 35dB - 6 times louder than a regular mobile phone
- Ringer volume of >83dB so you won't miss important calls
- Elegantly simple design; less is more
- Easy viewing with a large 2.4" colour display
- Clamshell design to avoid accidental dialling when it pocket
- Widely-spaced, high-contrast keys for ease of use
- Features buttons instead of a touchscreen for simplicity
- Assistance button to auto call loved ones when you need help
- Warning signal when phone battery is low
- Built-in alarm function with nine-minute snooze feature
- Dual-SIM device allows you to use two numbers in one handset
- Inverted bright LCD display and backlit keypad
- Practical built-in flash light for added functionality
- Adjustable font size for ease of use
- Bluetooth enabled (version 3.0) to connect to other devices
- FM-radio for listening to news and entertainment
Please note this device is not hearing aid compatible.
How Loud is the Doro Easy Flip Phone?
For the hard of hearing, regular mobile phones often aren't loud enough to meet their needs, with a normal incoming volume of approximately 8 - 10dBs. The Doro Mobile Phone is fitted with a 35dB earpiece – 6 times louder than a regular mobile phone – making it much easier to have a conversation. The ringer volume has 7 volume settings, and can be set to a maximum of 83dB (measured at 1 metre) so you won't miss important calls.
Who Can Use the Doro Easy Mobile Phone?
Designed with seniors in mind, the Doro Mobile is designed to make communication simple. Featuring extra loud and clear sound, large keys and a high visual contrast, the Doro Easy Mobile is easier to use than regular mobile phones. With easy-to-navigate menus, the Doro Easy Mobile Phone is particularly helpful for those with limited dexterity, memory loss and impaired vision.
We recommend the Doro Mobile Flip Phone for anyone who wants mobile phone that does the basics well, particularly those with the following conditions and symptoms:
- Visual impairment and poor eyesight
- Arthritis and other reduced-dexterity conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Alzheimer's and other memory-loss conditions
Is the Doro Easy Mobile Phone Easy to Use?
Most phones these days come with touchscreens which can be quite confusing for some people to use, and require a high degree of accuracy. The Doro Easy Mobile comes with buttons that are large enough to suit those with limited dexterity. helping to make communication easier and to limit the likelihood of mistakes, and has a 2.4" colour display for easy viewing. The Doro Flip Mobile clamshell design prevents accidental dialing whilst the device is in your pocket or bag.
Does the Doro Easy Mobile Have Any Safety Features?
With the built-in assistance button of the Doro Easy Mobile, your loved ones will be called when you need help. To activate the assistance button, simply press and hold the button for three seconds, or press it twice within one second. You can select up to five contacts for your emergency assistance list. Your first selected contact will be dialled once the assistance call is activated, and if they don't answer after 25 seconds, the second contact will be automatically dialled. The assistance call is pre-set to handsfree mode for ease of use.
How Does the Doro Easy Mobile Help Those with Memory Loss?
The Doro Mobile features 100 phonebook positions and a speed-dial function for each numeric key, making your loved ones easily accessible. As well as serving as a morning alarm clock, the built-in alarm feature can be set as a useful daily reminder to take medication or attend appointments for those who benefit from a prompt.
Are the Numbers and Keys Easy to See?
The Doro Easy Mobile features large, high-contrast keys that are widely spaced out to improve accuracy when typing messages and dialing phone numbers. Large keys are much easier to operate than modern-day touchscreens, which many elderly users find confusing. The Doro Easy Flip Phone also features an inverted, bright LCD display, making it easy to use for those with vision issues. The called ID function shows the caller's number and name in large, bold letters, if that contact is saved in the phone book.
How Long Does the Doro Mobile Battery Last?
With up to 600 hours of standby time and up to 540 minutes of talking time, the Doro Mobile boasts a long battery life, allowing you to stay connected throughout the day. The Doro Mobile comes with a handy charging cradle that your mobile slots easily into and can be kept on table or nightstand. Thanks to the low-battery warning signal, so you exactly when your Doro Mobile needs charging.
Why Choose Doro?
Doro is a leading technology brand for seniors and provides accessible products and services specifically adapted to seniors' needs. 'Easy' is the key building block of Doro's DNA. Doro understands that ageing can turn once-easy tasks into frustrating chores, which is why they created phones that are a breeze to use when seeing, hearing or dexterity declines. All of their devices come with award-winning Doro DNA features, including loud and clear sound, easy to pick up and hold ergonomics and assistance buttons, creating the possibility for seniors to live active and independent lives whilst ensuring peace of mind.
- Ring Volume: 83dB
- Receiver Volume: 35dB
- Screen Resolution: 320 x 240
- Display Size: 6.1cm (2.4 ")
- Colour Display: Yes
- Weight: approx 100g
- Handset Size: 102 x 53 x 19mm
- Battery Talk Time: 10 Hours
- Battery Standby Time: 530 Hours
- Battery Capacity: 1000mAh
- Rear Camera: Single
- Rear Camera Resolution: 0.3 Megapixels
- Memory Card Supported: MicroSD
- Maximum Memory Card Size: 32GB
- Memory Card Slot: Yes
- Contract Type: SIM-free
- Cellular Data Connectivity Technology: GPRS
- Number of SIM Card Supported: 2
- SIM Size Supported: Micro
- Cellular Generation: 2G
- Cellular Network Supported: GSM 900, 1800 and 1900