Geemarc TV PHOTO100 Customisable Big Button TV Remote
The Geemarc TV Photo100 Customisable Big Button TV Remote brings an innovative way for users such as the elderly, those with dementia, or those with poor eyesight to enjoy television. With the ability to be customised, this TV remote control lets you add colourful logos of your favourite TV channels onto its large buttons, allowing for quick and easy channel changes as desired.
- 1 x Remote Control
- 1 x USB/Jack Cable
- 12 x Plastic Protection Slots
Please note: Two AAA batteries are required for operation but are not included with your purchase.
Key Features of the Geemarc TV Remote for the Elderly
- Universal TV remote with large customisable buttons
- Supports the elderly in easy switching of channels
- Prompts memory in dementia and Alzheimer's sufferers
- Includes 20 function keys, 10 of which are customisable
- Allows you to add logos of TV channels and programmes on keys
- Large colourful buttons allow for easy usage
- Two available modes: DEVICE mode and PHOTO MEMORY mode
- Light indicator indicates the mode currently selected
- Compatible with most infrared devices: TV, SAT decoders, ADSL boxes
What Is The Geemarc TV PHOTO100 Big Button TV Remote For?
The first of its kind, Geemarc have released an innovative universal TV remote control with photo buttons. The remote control comes with large buttons that can be customised with your favourite logos, and even programmes, for easy switching between channels. Check out the video below on getting started with the TV PHOTO100 remote.
Who Can Use the TV PHOTO100 TV Remote with Large Buttons?
The TV PHOTO100 remote is particularly beneficial for the elderly, those who are visually impaired, and users with dementia and Alzheimer's. The remote control is easy to hold, easy to use, and has large colourful buttons, making it a useful product to have in a range of settings such as a care home.
How Does A Large Button Remote Control Help?
Modern TV remote controls have many small and potentially confusing buttons, that some users, such as the elderly, can find difficult to operate. A large button TV remote control ensures older people, or those with poor eye sight are able to relax and enjoy television without becoming frustrated and stressed on what buttons to press in order to switch channels.
Customisable Buttons to Make Finding Your Favourites Easier
The Geemarc TV remote has 20 function keys, 10 of which are customisable. You can store a one-to-three digit channel in each customisable key, for example, the first key could correspond to channel #230. You'll need to download and print the channel icons (which can either be found under 'Downloads' at the bottom of this page, or on the Geemarc website), and place them on the remote. Check out the video below for a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
The TV PHOTO100 remote control has two modes of usage:
- Photo Memory Mode: This mode allows you to press a given key to switch to the channel that been pre-progammed to correspond
- Device Mode: Allows you to use the TV PHOTO100 as if it was a standard remote control
A light indicator will let you know which mode you are currently on. For a more information on the modes of this remote control please see the video below:
How Do I Customise The TV PHOTO100 Dementia Remote Control?
To customise the TV PHOTO100 remote control you'll need to do the following:
- Programme your remote control by downloading free software which can be found on the Geemarc website
- You'll then be able to download the programming software to the remote via the supplied USB/jack cable
- Download and print the channel icon labels that will be placed on your remote (a download link can be found at the bottom of this page under 'Downloads', or on the Geemarc website)
- Cut out the labels and place them on the remote with the plastic protection included
- Weight (with batteries): 130g
- Batteries: 2 x AAA, LR03, 1.5V batteries (not included)