Geemarc CL8700 Amplified 4G Clamshell Mobile Phone
Perfect for those who find modern smartphones too complicated and too quiet, the Geemarc CL8700 Amplified 4G Clamshell Mobile Phone features an extra-loud ringer, large buttons, a talking keypad, one-touch dialling, an SOS function and a classic clamshell build, for a simplified and easy-to-use interface. On top of this senior-friendly design, the phone still includes the essential features of a modern smartphone, like internet access, a camera, MP4 player and more!
- 1 x Geemarc CL8700 Amplified 4G Flip Mobile Phone
- 1 x Desktop Charging Pod
- 1 x Mains Power Adaptor
- 1 x USB Type C Cable
- 1 x Rechargeable Battery
- 1 x User Guide
- Ringer volume: Up to 80dB
- Speakerphone volume: Up to 40dB
- Hearing aid compatible: Yes
- Phone book: Up to 2000 entries
- Caller ID: Yes
- Camera: Back camera
- Answering machine: Dependent on plan from mobile provider
- This product is a direct replacement for the Geemarc CL8500 Flip Phone (updated to work with 4G networks)
What Makes the Geemarc CL8700 the Best Amplified Mobile Available?
The Geemarc CL8700 Amplified Mobile was designed to put the user first – making all of its functions as easy-to-use as possible. To set itself apart from the crowd, this phone features include:
- Extra-Loud Receiver: Hear calls clearer and louder than ever before with an adjustable volume that goes up to 40dB (8x louder than a regular mobile!)
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: Connect seamlessly to your hearing aid with M4/T4 hearing aid compatibility
- LCD Screen: A large, bright and high-contrast screens display the time, date, and information about your caller
- Talking Keypad and Caller ID: Announce the buttons being pressed and contact names as they call to help the visually impaired (In 16 languages!)
- Large, Bright Buttons: Dialling couldn't be easier with large buttons illuminated with bright white light
- One-Touch Speed Dial: Two keys at the top of the keypad are dedicated to providing one-touch speed dial to your most used contacts
- Emergency Functions: Stay prepared for emergencies with an SOS button, five pre-programmable emergency numbers and an I.C.E function
- Internet Access: Easy and quick internet access with 4G capability and 5.1 Bluetooth
How Easy Is the CL8700 Mobile Phone to Use?
This phone is specifically designed for anyone who finds complicated smart phones frustrating or difficult to use. Features like one touch memory, a large keypad that talks when you enter buttons, a high contrast screen, one touch dialling and more make this phone the easiest and most enjoyable to use on the market. If you want the advantages of a smart phone without the hassle, this is the phone for you.
How Loud Is This Phone?
This phone features an extra-loud receiver, letting you amplify the speech of your callers up to 40dB, or over 8x louder than a standard mobile phone! The ringer is also extra-loud, and can be adjusted up to a massive maximum volume of 80dB (measured at 1 metre distance).
Can I Connect This Phone to My Hearing Aid?
Yes, this phone features an M4/T4 hearing aid compatibility rating, letting you seamlessly connect to your hearing aid. This provides crystal clear sound directly into your ears, ensuring you hear everything that's said (learn more about M and T ratings).
Is the Screen Easy to Read?
This phone is equipped with a bright, high-contrast LCD screen that make it easy to read texts, navigate the menu and see everything you need to. Text is large, letters are bright and colours are vivid, letting you see everything on the phone with ease.
How Does the One-Touch Dialling Work?
This phone includes three one touch memory keys (M1 and M2) located at the top of the keypad to make speed dialling simple. You can assign the numbers of your favourite two contacts to each one of these to allow for near-instant dialling. See the image below for a better idea:
What Emergency Functions Are Included?
Besides being simple and easy to use, this phone will keep you prepared in the event of an emergency. Firstly, the SOS button (pictured on the back of the phone below) can send an emergency text message and dial the numbers of up to 5 of your previously selected emergency numbers, one by one, until somebody answers. Simply hold the button down for 3 seconds to activate SOS mode and cancel it by holding down for another 3 seconds. The phone also features an I.C.E function, which we'll explain in more detail below.
What Is the I.C.E Function?
Useful, simple and essential, the I.C.E function lets you log your name, address, ailments, allergies, medications, blood group, GP and all other important medical information that will be displayed to whoever assists you in an emergency. This adds another layer of peace of mind, ensuring that your assistance during an emergency is as informed as possible. It also displays the names and numbers of up to four people you wish to be contacted in the case of an emergency. The I.C.E function is activated by holding the "2" key, as seen below.
Does This Phone Have a Camera?
Yes, this phone includes a 2 megapixel camera to let you capture important moments whenever you need. It takes videos too!
Will This Phone Work with All UK Mobile Networks?
Yes, this phone is compatible with all UK mobile networks with 4G coverage. It is not locked to any service provider, allowing the user to select the appropriate network for their needs.
Does This Phone Have Internet Access?
Yes this phone is fully internet-ready with fast 4G capability.
Clamshell Design is Protective and Helpful
The Clamshell design of the Geemarc Amplified CL8700 phone protects the main screen from minor damage while the phone is closed. The small front cover display also shows: if you have a missed call, unread message or if the battery of the phone is low.
Can This Phone Play Music and Videos?
Yes this phone has a built-in MP3 and MP4 player. When the phone or memory card is loaded with music or videos, you can play them easily.
What Kind of SIM Card Does This Phone Use?
This phone is only compatible with a Nano SIM card, which measures 12.3mm x 8.8mm x 0.67mm. If you currently use a standard size SIM card, please contact your network provider for information about transferring your data and information over to the compatible Nano size before purchase.
Dual SIM Capability
The CL8700 Mobile Phone can store two Nano SIM cards at the same time and you can switch between them easily, without removing either of them. This can be useful for a few reasons:
- If you want to make sure you have good coverage anywhere, you can have SIMs from two different networks
- You may be using a specialised SIM for international calls and with this phone you don't have to remove your domestic SIM to use it
Powerful and Long-Lasting Battery
On a full charge, the Geemarc Amplified Mobile Phone offers a huge continuous talk time of 3 and a half hours! It can also remain on standby for 4 days so it's ready whenever you need it.
How Does the CL8700 Assist the Visually Impaired?
Besides offering a clear display and large, easy-to-see buttons, this phone also offers optional talking keypad and talking caller ID settings, which can be invaluable for those with visual impairments. This keypad will read aloud all keys that are pressed, ensuring that typing errors can be noticed and corrected by the user. The talking called ID will announce the name of the contact currently calling you, ensuring you know who is trying to get in touch at all times.
How Do I Charge the CL8700 Mobile Phone?
You can either use the included USB type c and mains adaptor to charge the phone from a wall socket, or alternatively this phone includes a handy desktop charging dock! To use the charging dock unit, simply attach the charging cable from the wall to the charging dock, then place your phone into the charging unit whenever you want a quick and convenient charge.
How Do I Install a SIM Card?
You'll need a Nano SIM card from your service provider to get this phone up and running, which can be easily installed into the back of the mobile. To install your SIM, simply:
- Pull up the back panel from the corner of the phone
- Remove the battery (if already inside)
- Slide your SIM or SIMs with the gold contacts face down under the silver SIM holder
For more detailed instruction on installing your SIM card, consult the User Guide.
Plenty of Storage Space
Near where the Nano SIM card is inserted, there is a slot for a Micro SD or SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) memory card with up to 32GB of storage space. This is plenty of room for standard phone details like contact numbers, as well as music, videos, pictures and more.
Please Note: No SDHC or Micro SD card is included with the phone.
Which Web Browser Does the Geemarc CL8700 Use?
The Geemarc CL8700 Clamshell Phone grants the user access to the internet via the "Opera Mini" or "Dorado" web browser applications. Both are easy to navigate 2G and 3G compatible applications designed for use with handheld devices like mobile phones and tablets.
Does This Phone Include a Torch?
Yes, this phone includes a torch light to keep you prepared in any dark situation. Simply press and old the 0 key for a few seconds to turn it on and off.
Sizing Dimensions for the CL8700 Mobile Phone
- Closed: 11 x 5.5 x 1.7cm
- Open: 22 x 5.5 x 1cm
User Instruction Manual and Other Important Documents
What Other Features Does the CL8700 Include?
- Large and bright buttons to make dialling easy and efficient
- Super bright LCD display with high contrast for easy viewing
- Built in MP3/MP4 player
- Phonebook with capacity for up to 2000 contact entries on phone and 250 on SIM card
- Missed call and message indication on outside and main display
- Talking keypad announces each button press to reduce errors
- SOS button and I.C.E function for emergency preparedness
- Mute function to ensure silence when it's needed
- Calendar with date and time setting to keep you on schedule
- Choice of 8 different ring melodies
- Talking caller ID and talking keypad in 12 languages
- Emergency functions including SOS button for emergency call
- Can programme up to 5 emergency numbers
- SMS send and receive capability with message waiting icon
- Battery: Li-ion1400mAH rechargeable
- Battery standby: 4 days
- Battery talk: 3.5 hours talk time
- Charges via micro-USB
- Charging time
- Pod: 4 hours
- Cable: 3 hours
- Camera: 2 Megapixels
- Head: 0.185W/kg
- Body: 0.814W/kg
- Limbs: 1.328W/kg
- 5.1 Bluetooth
- SIM: Space for two Nano SIM cards (SIM cards not included)
- Space for SDHC Card: 32GB maximum
- MP3/MP4 Player
- Web Browser: Opera Mini and Dorado