Geemarc CL7700 OPTI Bluetooth Amplified Wireless TV Headphones
Lightweight and comfortable, the Geemarc CL7700 OPTI Bluetooth Amplified Wireless TV Headphones are designed for individuals with hearing impairment, providing clear audio input. The headset seamlessly connects to up to two Bluetooth devices and also includes the option of an optical cable for enhanced versatility. Conveniently accessible, it enables users to receive calls directly through the headset.
- 1 x CL7700 OPTI Bluetooth controlled headset
- 1 x Transmitter (Charger Stand)
- 1 x AC power adapter 1.5 metre
- 1 x Optical cable 1 metre
- 1 x 3.5 Jack cable
- 2 x Pairs of ear pad gel (small and large)
- 1 x User guide
Features of the Geemarc CL7700 OPTI Bluetooth
- Provides excellent stereo reception
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Can be simultaneously connected to two devices through Bluetooth
- Allows you to take phone calls from mobile device with built-in microphone
- Automatic stand-by mode once the signal ceases
- High amplification which can be adjusted with buttons on headset
- LED volume control to show the volume level
- Left / right balance control
- Environmental noise cancellation during phone calls
- Rechargeable battery inside the TV headset
- 8 hours of continuous use with sound volume at mid-level
- Charger Stand (1.2 hours to a full charge)
- EQ tone adjustment
- Connectivity with other Bluetooth devices
Multiple Connections to Bluetooth Devices
The Geemarc CL7700 can be connected simultaneously to two Bluetooth devices. This gives you greater freedom to connect and listen without being limited by the cable.
Receive Calls Through Geemarc CL7700
You can also receive and listen to phone calls. Thus, when using the headset on an audio source while connected via Bluetooth to your mobile phone, if you receive a call, you will hear the ringtone in the headset and will be able to take the call directly on your headset.
What Are the Benefits of Optical Cables?
Optical cables are used to transmit sound in fantastic quality, the "optical" in their name refers to the fact that they convert the digital sound into light, which the other end of the cable then converts back. Many old TV's don't have a 3.5mm audio jack, if this is the case for you then the easiest way to connect to wireless headphones will through the optical input cable provided with this product.
Do I Have to Use the Optical Cable?
This product also comes with a universal 3.5mm audio cable that can be used with more modern devices should you prefer. The inclusion of the optical cable simply gives you compatibility with older TV's and music listening devices.
How Do These Headphones Amplify Conversation?
Alongside amplifying TV audio, the listener can also amplify sounds around you. This is thanks to an integrated microphone that picks up ambient sound and uses the built-in amplifier to increase the volume of ambient sound such as speech, enabling you to hear conversations in the room loudly and clearly.
How Loud Is the Amplification?
Featuring an adjustable volume of up to 125dB, this set of amplified wireless headphones is suitable for people with anything from mild to severe hearing loss. These headphones are also capable of increasing the volume of ambient noise such as conversation, as when you press the mute button it will allow you to hear what's going on around you better.
How Long Do the Batteries Last?
The batteries will last for up to 8 hours of continuous use from a single charge and take 1.2 hours to charge back to full. In order to recharge the batteries fully, simply place the headphones on the charging cradle and wait till the easily visible LED light turns from red to green.
How Do I Install the Geemarc CL7700 OPTI Wireless TV Headphones?
The Geemarc CL7700 OPTI has been designed to be easy to set up.
- Insert the USB Type-C connector of the AC power adapter into the “DC IN 5V” socket at the back of the Charger Stand
- Insert either one end of the 3.5 mm Jack cable into the “AUDIO IN” socket at the back of the Charger Stand, or one end of the optical cable into the “OPTICAL” socket at the back of the Charger Stand
- Depending on which cable you chose, insert the other end into your audio source's output socket
Note: There are different methods you can follow to set up the Charger Stand depending on what sockets your audio device is equipped with. Please see below:
Option A: 3.5mm audio socket:
- Insert one end of the 3.5 mm Jack cable into the “AUDIO IN” socket at the back of the Charger Stand and the other end into the audio output of your television (or other audio device)
Option B: Optical Socket
- Insert one end of the optical cable into the “OPTICAL” socket at the back of the Charger Stand. Insert the other end of this cable into the “OPTICAL OUT” or SPDIF output socket of your television (or of any other audio device).
Note: The 3.5 mm Jack and the optical cable cannot both be plugged in at the same time. If one is used then the other needs to be left aside.
- Plug the AC power adapter into the mains
- Move the power switch at the back of the Charger Stand to the “ON” position to use your CL7700 in Stereo sound or Mono to use in mono sound.
- On the front of the Charger Stand, a red LED will light up on the Charger Stand to indicate it has been turned on. If a blue LED starts blinking, it means the unit has entered the Bluetooth connecting mode.
- The Red LEDs light up on the headset when it is placed on the Charger Stand to indicate the headset is charging. Once the batteries of the headset are fully charged, the red LED will stay on. If the red LEDs blink when the headset is not on the Charger Stand, it means its batteries are low and need to be recharged.
Any additional instructions for optional features can be found at the bottom of this page. Please scroll down and select the user guide if you require more information.
Can I Watch Television With Someone Else?
All Geemarc OPTI devices including these CL7700 Headphones allow you to watch television with someone else as they do not act as a direct replacement for television audio speakers. This allows you to sit beside someone who is listening via the television speakers whilst you receive an amplified signal via your headphones!
Are These Headphones Compatible With Other Devices?
Yes, these headphones have been designed to be simple to use with a variety of other devices. These headphones feature an optical audio cable that is compatible with almost any audio device that has a headphone port, including Hi-Fis, sound boxes, TV's and DVD players.
How Can I Adjust the Amplified Audio to Suit My Needs?
To make sound as clear for you as possible, the built-in left/right balance control enables you to adjust the volume in each individual earbud which is perfect for people with varying levels of hearing loss in each ear. The EQ tone control also enables you to adjust the amplification of various frequencies of sound, which is ideal for anyone whose hearing loss is specific to high or low frequencies.
What Is the Wireless Range of the Geemarc CL7700 OPTI Headphones?
These headphones feature a wireless range of 25m indoors and 100m outdoors. This means you can easily get up and make a cup of tea or even walk into a different room and still hear the TV.
Are These Headphones Hearing Aid Compatible?
These headphones are designed to fit snugly in your ears, so they are not compatible with hearing aids. If you would rather use a system that transmits an audio signal directly to your hearing aid, we recommend a neckloop system such as the Sonumaxx 2.4 PR Headset System with Neckloop.
Declaration of Conformity
- Bluetooth : 2
- Operating frequency: 2.402-2.480GHz
- Frequency bandwidth: (A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP): 20Hz – 20 kHz
- Bit Rate of Transmitter: 1Mbps
- Antenna Type: Internal Antenna
- 10 hours of continuous in use time
- Fast recharging station
- Full charging time: 4 hours
- The headset recharges itself automatically once placed on the base
- Reaches 100m outdoor and 25m indoor
- Optical input
- Stereo audio input on the base: Jack 3.5mm
- Weight of the headset: 55g