Emporia Smart 6 Senior Smartphone
The Emporia Smart 6 Senior Smartphone has an array of features that make using a smartphone simple and fuss-free for the elderly, while still being up-to-date to compete with other phones on the market. It especially incorporates a unique smartcover with four quick access buttons when closed, hearing aid compatibility, and a SOS emergency button, as well as a plethora of other useful features.
- 1 x 5G mobile phone
- 1 x SIM card ejector/pin
- 1 x USB-C cable
- 1 x Tabletop charger
- 1 x Smartcover
- 1 x User guide
Key Features and Benefits
- Easy-to-use 5G smartphone for the elderly with large button display
- State-of-the-art technical support for those with limited hearing
- Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC): M4/T4 hearing aid compatibility
- Emergency call button dials up to 5-preset contacts in the event of an emergency
- Large 6.58 inch touchscreen allows for easier use
- Triple-lens 50+2+TOF-megapixel back camera captures quality photos
- Includes 8-megapixel selfie camera for treasured moments
- Smartcover with 4 buttons allows for operation of essential functions when the phone is closed
- On/Off button with fingerprint sensor for quick and easy operation
- Up-to-date and running on Android 13, WhatsApp
- NFC enabled to make contactless payments
- QR scanner allows for the scanning of QR codes
- IP54 rated for dust and water splash resistance
- Unlocked for use with nano sim cards from all major UK networks
Easy-to-Use Smartphone for the Elderly
Elderly users can often find using modern smartphones confusing and difficult, resulting in them avoiding using one or being without a modern phone entirely. The Emporia Smart 6 Smartphone on Android 13 operating system comes with an array of features that make it easy for the elderly to use a smartphone, ensuring they too are able to keep up with family and friends. The phone can also be used with popular messaging app WhatsApp.
Unique Smartcover with 4 Buttons
Included with the Emporia 6 Smartphone is a smartcover that further enhances its simple easy-to-use functionality. This patented smart cover allows you to operate four essential functions when the phone is closed, giving you quick access and saving the need to open and search through the phone to get to where you need to. The keys respond only to fingers to eliminate accidental activation, and can be adapted to show favourite functions or even important contacts with photo buttons.
What Can I Do with the Smartcover Closed?
With the Smartcover closed, you can easily:
- Make and Receive Calls: Answering and hang-up buttons can be displayed, as well as your favourite contacts
- Use Favourite Functions: Taking pictures, activating the torch and more can all be done with the Smartcase buttons
- Personalise Your Buttons: You can adapt these buttons in any way you'd like, allowing you to control your music, or use most of your favourite apps
How Large Is the Screen of This Mobile Phone for the Elderly?
Modern phones are also known to have small text which make reading a difficult task for elderly users using a smartphone. The Emporia Smart 6 has a 6.58" (16.71cm) screen size with high-contrast colours, and is set with extra-large text to allow for easy reading. The phone also features large, clearly labelled icons on the screen, ensuring you always know what to press, and where to go.
Will I Be Able to Hear the Emporia Smartphone?
Yes, the Emporia Smart 6 Smartphone has been designed so that even those with hard of hearing issues can use the phone. It also features full M4/T4 hearing aid compatibility, ensuring the sound is directly transferred into your hearing aid for you to never miss a word on a call.
Excellent SOS Mobile Phone
Emergency situations are stressful enough without worrying on how to use to a mobile phone. Which is why the back of the Emporia 6 Smartphone for the Elderly features an emergency button, which once pressed, will call your choice of contacts in the event of an emergency.
When pressed, the SOS button will:
- Call up to five pre-set contacts until someone answers
- Automatically put your phone in loudspeaker mode (an alarm will sound to alert anyone nearby to assist)
- A pre-prepared emergency text will be sent to an emergency number
- If you have GPS enabled by your service provider, GPS details will be sent with each call
Is This Android Phone for the Elderly Waterproof?
Accidents can happen, particular where water is in involved. The Emporia 6 Smartphone is not entirely waterproof, however is built with IP54-rated splash resistance, giving you peace of mind should it come into contact with some water or light rain.
What Sim Cards Is The Smartphone Compatible With?
This phone is designed to use a nano SIM, and is unlocked. Simply insert the nano SIM provided by your mobile service provider and you should be ready to go.
- Pixels: 1280 x 2408px
- Screen size: 6.58 " (16.71cm)
- Back camera: 50 + 2 + TOF MP
- Selfie camera: 8 MP
- OS: Android 13
- Standby time: 360 hours
- Talk time: up to 600 minutes
- Battery capacity: 4900mAh
- SIM card type: Nano
- 3G WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
- 4G FDD LTE: FDD B1/B3/B7/B8/B20 MHz
- 2G: 900/1800 MHz
- 5G NR: N1, N3, N7, N20, N28, N78
- Handset volume (5 cm): 88.6 db(A)
- Ringtone volume (1 metre: 88.1 db(A)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi dual band
- Body SAR value 1.14W/kg (10g)
- Microphones: 2
- Bluetooth: 5.2, ASHA support
- Headphone port: USB-C
- MicroSD card slot: 256
- RAM memory: 6GB
- ROM memory: 128GB
- Height: 11 mm
- Length:165 mm
- Width: 77 mm
- Weight: 209 g
- Charging cable: USB-C
- Status: Unlocked