Echo Bone-Conduction Headphones (Wired)
Ideal for those with hearing impairments, the Echo Bone-Conduction Headphones (Wired) are a great choice for those who wish to keep their ear canal free, perhaps for use of a hearing aid. The innovative design of the Echo Headphones uses your own bone structure to transmit sound waves to your inner ear, bypassing the middle and outer ear completely.
Key Features and Benefits
- Sound waves transmitted via skull rather than the ear canal
- Leaves the ear canal free - ideal for those with hearing impairments
- Can be used with Assistive Listening Devices
- Designed for use with the Echo range
- Leave the under-chin area free so you don't feel restricted
- Ideal for those with conductive hearing loss
- Perfect for those who don't feel comfortable with something over or inside their ears
- Allows you to hear environmental sound at the same time
- Leaves the ear canal free so you can use at the same time as in-the-ear hearing aids
** Please note these headphones are designed to be used with the Echo range only, and use with other electronic devices such as mobile phones, laptops and tablets may damage the headphones.
Who Can Use The Echo Bone-Conduction Headphones?
Ideal for a range of users, we recommend these Echo Headphones for:
- Those with conductive hearing loss
- Those who find in-ear listening devices uncomfortable
- Those with sore ears or ears prone to infection
- Those who are deaf in one ear
Are The Echo Headphones Comfortable?
Yes. These headphones rest directly against your cheekbones, allowing the vibrations to make a beeline for your cochlea. This makes the Echo Headphones ideal for those who find in-ear and over-the-ear headphones invasive and uncomfortable.
Offering a Safer Alterative to Noise-Cancelling Headphones
The Echo Bone-Conduction Headphones don't obstruct the ear canal, making it easier for you to stay aware of your surroundings. This can be particularly helpful when hazards are present, including other pedestrians, bikes and passings cars, helping to keep you safe in busy environments.
Which Echo Products Are These Headphones Compatible With?
Designed exclusively to be used in conjunction with the Echo range, these headphones are compatible with the following product:
How Do These Headphones Work?
The Echo Bone Conduction Headphones are a different type of headphone where the sound is transmitted using vibration through your skull bone rather than through the ear canal. The innovative design of the Echo Headphones effectively leaves the ear canal free, bypassing the outer and middle ear and sending vibrations straight to the inner ear.
- Colour: Black/Blue
- Connection: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Weight: 31 grams
- Type: Permanent-Magnet Dynamic Loudspeaker
- Power: Normal Input 180mW, Max Inout 350mW
- Average Working Voltage: 3.7V
- Working Voltage (Maximum): 4.2V
- Resonance Quality: 150Hz
- Sound Pressure Level: 100dB
- Operation Temperature: -20 to +60°C
- Storage Temperature: -30 to +70°C