Doro 6060 Amplified Clamshell Mobile Phone with External Display
Staying in touch doesn't have to be complicated with the Doro 6060 Amplified Clamshell Mobile Phone with External Display. Featuring a large, easy-to-read display screen and high-contrast keys, the Doro Clamshell Flip Phone helps you stay up to date with important notifications and reminders, making it easy to stay connected to friends and family. Fitted with an assistance button that has GPS monitoring, you'll feel secure that your loved ones will know exactly where you are in case of an emergency.
- 1 x Mobile Phone
- 1 x Charging Cradle
- 1 x Charging Cable
- 1 x Headset
Please note this phone is incompatible with the Three network.
- Receiver Volume: 35dB (6x louder than standard)
- Ringer Volume: 83dB
- Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes
Why Is the Doro Clamshell Mobile a Great Phone?
The Doro Flip Phone is designed to make your experience with technology stress-free. Benefits include:
- Loud Ringer and Receiver: Loud and clear sound with adjustable volume settings so you won't miss important calls
- Simple to Use: Simplified operating system, intuitive menu and large, clear display
- Extra Safety Features: Response button alerts your selected contacts that you are in need of help
Key Features and Benefits
- Makes communication simple and straightforward
- Designed with seniors in mind, with loud sound and large buttons
- Loud receiver volume of 35dB – 6 times louder than a regular mobile phone
- Loud ringer volume of >83dB so you won't miss important calls
- Elegantly simple design; less is more
- Easy viewing with a large 2.8" colour display
- Clamshell design to avoid accidental dialling when in pocket
- Widely-spaced, high-contrast keys for ease of use
- Buttons instead of a touchscreen for simplicity
- Assistance button and GPS to auto call loved ones when you need help
- Warning signal when phone battery is low
- Built-in alarm function with nine-minute snooze feature
- Dual-SIM device allows you to use two numbers in one handset
- Inverted bright LCD display and backlit keypad
- Adjustable font size for ease of use
- Bluetooth enabled (version 3.0) to connect to other devices
How Loud is the Doro Flip Phone?
For the hard of hearing, regular mobile phones often aren't loud enough to meet their needs, with a normal incoming volume of approximately 8 - 10dBs. The Doro Flip Mobile is fitted with a 35dB earpiece – 6 times louder than a regular mobile phone – making it much easier to have a conversation. The ringer volume has 7 volume settings, and can be set to an impressively loud maximum volume of >83dB (measured at 1 metre) so you won't miss important calls.
Who Can Use the Doro Mobile Phone?
Designed with seniors in mind, the Doro Mobile is designed to make communication simple. Featuring extra loud and clear sound, large keys and a high visual contrast, the Doro Mobile is easier to use than regular mobile phones. With easy-to-navigate menus, the Doro Mobile Phone is particularly helpful for those with limited dexterity, memory loss and impaired vision.
We recommend the Doro Mobile Flip Phone for anyone who wants mobile phone that does the basics well, particularly those with the following conditions and symptoms:
- The hard-of-hearing and those with hearing aids
- Visual impairment and poor eyesight
- Arthritis and other reduced-dexterity conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Alzheimer's and other memory-loss conditions
Is the Doro Flip Phone Easy to Use?
Most phones these days come with touchscreens which can be quite confusing for some people to use, and require a high degree of accuracy. The Doro Flip Mobile comes with buttons that are large enough to suit those with limited dexterity. helping to make communication easier and to limit the likelihood of mistakes, and has a 2.8" colour display for easy viewing. The Doro Flip Mobile clamshell design prevents accidental dialling whilst the device is in your pocket or bag.
How Does the Doro Phone Assistance Mode Work?
With the built-in assistance button of the Doro mobile, your loved ones will be called when you need help. To activate the assistance button, simply press and hold the button for three seconds, or press it twice within one second. You can select up to five contacts for your emergency assistance list. Your first selected contact will be dialled once the assistance call is activated, and if they don't answer after 25 seconds, the second contact will be automatically dialled. The assistance call is pre-set to handsfree mode for ease of use.
Can the Doro Mobile Help in An Emergency?
Featuring ICE (In Case of Emergency), you can add information such as next of kin and medication details to your phone for first responders to access in the event of an emergency.
Are There Any Other Safety Features?
The Doro 2G Flip Phone has a 'whitelist' setting that only allows incoming calls from saved contacts. This setting is particularly useful for vulnerable persons to avoid having to deal with potentially confusing calls from unwanted numbers, such as scam calls and telemarketers.
How Does the Doro Flip Mobile Help Those with Memory Loss?
The Doro Mobile features 100 phonebook positions and a speed-dial function for each numeric key, making your loved ones easily accessible. As well as serving as a morning alarm clock, the built-in alarm feature can be set as a useful daily reminder to take medication or attend appointments for those who benefit from a prompt.
Are the Numbers and Keys Easy to See?
The Doro Flip Mobile features large, high-contrast keys that are widely spaced out to improve accuracy when typing messages and dialing phone numbers. Large keys are much easier to operate than modern-day touchscreens, which many elderly users find confusing. The Doro Flip Phone also features an inverted, bright LCD display, making it easy to use for those with vision issues. The called ID function shows the caller's number and name in large, bold letters, if that contact is saved in the phone book.
How Long Does the Doro Mobile Battery Last?
With up to 420 hours of standby time and up to 6 hours of talking time, the Doro Mobile boasts a long battery life, allowing you to stay connected throughout the day. The Doro Mobile comes with a handy charging cradle that your mobile slots easily into and can be kept on table or nightstand. Thanks to the low-battery warning signal, so you exactly when your Doro Mobile needs charging.
- Ring Volume: >83dB
- Receiver Volume: 35dB
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: T3/M3
- Volume Settings: 7
- Speaker Volume Settings: 7
- Polyphonic Ringtones: 9
- Vibrating Ringer: Yes
- Screen Resolution: 320 x 240
- Display Size: 43.2 x 57.6 mm
- Colour Display: Yes
- External Display: Yes
- Optional display modes optimised for visually impaired users
- Weight: approx 124g
- Handset Size: 106 x 57 x 21mm
- Battery Talk Time: Up to 6 Hours
- Battery Standby Time: 420 Hours
- Battery Capacity: 1000mAh
- Rear Camera Resolution: 3 Interpolated
- Camera Flash: Yes
- Magnifier Function: Yes
- Call Log Positions: 10
- One-Touch Memories: 3
- Phonebook Positions: 100
- White List Phone Numbers: Yes
- Black List Phone Numbers: Yes
- Memory Card Supported: MicroSD
- Maximum Memory Card Size: 32GB
- Memory Card Slot: Yes
- Contract Type: SIM-free
- Cellular Data Connectivity Technology: GPRS
- Number of SIM Card Supported: 2
- SIM Size Supported: Micro
- Cellular Generation: 2G
- Cellular Network Supported: GSM 900, 1800 and 1900