Doro 6040 Amplified Flip Phone with Camera and Large Display
Modern phones can be quite intimidating for many elderly users, making it difficult for them to stay in touch with friends and family. If you're looking for a mobile that makes things a little bit easier, the Doro 6040 Amplified Flip Phone with Camera and Large Display provides the perfect solution. With everything you need for everyday calling, messaging and sharing photos with family and friends, the Doro Easy Camera Phone is simplified to help you overcome the challenges with physical dexterity, poor eyesight and hearing loss that ageing can present.
- 1 x Mobile Phone
- 1 x Charging Cradle
- 1 x Charging Cable
- 1 x Headset
Please note this phone is incompatible with the Three network.
- Receiver Volume: 35dB (6x louder than standard)
- Ringer Volume: 83dB
- Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes
Why Is The Doro Easy Camera Phone a Great Phone?
The Doro Easy Camera Phone is designed to make your experience with technology stress-free. Benefits include:
- Loud Ringer and Receiver: Loud and clear sound with adjustable volume settings so you won't miss important calls
- Simple to Use: Simplified operating system, intuitive menu and clear, bright screen
- Extra Safety Features: Response button alerts your selected contacts that you are in need of help
Key Features and Benefits
- Makes communication simple and straightforward
- Receiver volume of 35dB – 6 times louder than a standard mobile phone
- Loud ringer volume of >83dB so you won't miss important calls
- Hearing aid compatible for clearer phone calls with minimal unwanted noise
- Elegantly-simple design; less is more
- Easy viewing with a large 57.6mm colour display
- Clamshell design to avoid accidental dialling when it pocket
- Widely-spaced, high-contrast keys for ease of use
- Features buttons instead of a touchscreen for simplicity
- Assistance button to auto call loved ones when you need help
- Warning signal when phone battery is low
- Built-in alarm function with nine-minute snooze feature
- Dual-SIM device allows you to use two numbers in one handset
- Inverted bright LCD display and backlit keypad
- Practical built-in flash light for added functionality
- Adjustable font size for ease of use
- Bluetooth enabled (version 3.0) to connect to other devices
- FM-radio for listening to news and entertainment
How Loud is the Doro Easy Flip Phone?
For the hard of hearing, regular mobile phones often aren't loud enough to meet their needs, with a normal incoming volume of approximately 8 - 10dBs. The Doro Flip Phone is fitted with a 35dB earpiece – 6 times louder than a regular mobile phone – making it much easier to have a conversation. The ringer volume has seven volume settings, and can be set to a maximum of >83dB (measured at 1 metre) so you won't miss important calls.
Who Can Use the Doro Easy Flip Phone?
Designed with seniors in mind, the Doro Flip Phone is designed to make communication simple. Featuring extra loud and clear sound, large keys and a high visual contrast, the Doro Easy Flip Phone is easier to use than regular mobile phones. With easy-to-navigate menus, the Doro Easy Camera Phone is particularly helpful for those with limited dexterity, memory loss and impaired vision.
We recommend the Doro Flip Phone for anyone who wants a mobile phone that does the basics well, particularly those with the following conditions and symptoms:
- Visual impairment and poor eyesight
- Arthritis and other reduced-dexterity conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Alzheimer's and other memory-loss conditions
Is the Doro Easy Flip Phone Easy to Use?
Most phones these days come with touchscreens which can be quite confusing for some people to use, and require a high degree of accuracy. The Doro Easy Phone comes with buttons that are large enough to suit those with limited dexterity. helping to make communication easier and to limit the likelihood of mistakes, and has a 57.6mm colour display for easy viewing. The Doro Flip Phone clamshell design prevents accidental dialing whilst the device is in your pocket or bag.
Does the Doro Easy Phone Have Any Safety Features?
With the built-in assistance button of the Doro Easy Phone, your loved ones will be called when you need help. To activate the assistance button, simply press and hold the button for three seconds, or press it twice within one second. You can select up to five contacts for your emergency assistance list. Your first selected contact will be dialed once the assistance call is activated, and if they don't answer after 25 seconds, the second contact will be automatically dialed. The assistance call is pre-set to handsfree mode for ease of use.
How Does the Doro Easy Phone Help Those with Memory Loss?
The Doro 6040 Amplified Phone features 500 phonebook positions and a speed-dial function for each numeric key, making your loved ones easily accessible. As well as serving as a morning alarm clock, the built-in alarm feature can be set as a useful daily reminder to take medication or attend appointments for those who benefit from a prompt.
Are the Numbers and Keys Easy to See?
The Doro Easy Phone features large, high-contrast keys that are widely spaced out to improve accuracy when typing messages and dialing phone numbers. Large keys are much easier to operate than modern-day touchscreens, which many elderly users find confusing. The Doro Easy Flip Phone also features an inverted, bright LCD display, making it easy to use for those with vision issues. The called ID function shows the caller's number and name in large, bold letters, if that contact is saved in the phone book.
How Long Does the Doro Phone Battery Last?
With up to 420 hours of standby time and up to 6.8 hours of talking time, the Doro Phone boasts a long battery life, allowing you to stay connected throughout the day. The Doro Camera Phone comes with a handy charging cradle that your mobile slots easily into and can be kept on table or nightstand. Thanks to the low-battery warning signal, so you exactly when your Doro Flip Phone needs charging.
- Ring Volume: >83dB
- Receiver Volume: 35dB
- Hearing Aid Compatible: T4 / M4
- Polyphonic Ringtones: 7
- Ringer Off Setting: Yes
- Microphone Mute: Yes
- Speaker Phone Volume Settings: 7
- Tone Control: Yes
- Volume Settings: 7
- Camera Flash: Yes
- Image Viewer: Yes
- Magnifier Function: Yes
- Video Recording: No
- Call Log Positions: 60
- One-Touch Memories: 3 Direct Keys
- Phonebook Positions: 500 (1500 Numbers)
- White List Phone Numbers: Yes
- Black List Phone Numbers: Yes
- Visual Ring Indicator: Yes
- Adjustable Font Size: Yes
- Backlit Display: Yes
- Big Display Text: Yes
- Colour Display: Yes
- Contrast Adjustment: Yes
- Customisable Wallpaper: Yes
- Display Size (H x W): 43.2 x 57.6mm
- Screen Resolution: 320 x 240
- Optional display modes optimised for visually impaired users
- Adjustable Multi-Tap Timing: Yes
- Predictive Text: Yes
- SMS: Yes
- Weight: approx 118g including batteries
- Handset Size: 106.7 x 57 x 20mm
- Battery Talk Time: 6.8 Hours
- Battery Standby Time: 420 Hours
- Battery Capacity: 1000mAh
- Rear Camera: Single
- Rear Camera Resolution: 2MP 3MP Interpolated
- Memory Card Supported: MicroSD
- Maximum Memory Card Size: 32GB
- Memory Card Slot: Yes
- Contract Type: SIM-free
- GPS: Yes
- Cellular Data Connectivity Technology: GPRS
- Number of SIM Card Supported: 2
- SIM Size Supported: Micro SD 32GB max
- Cellular Generation: 2G
- Cellular Network Supported: GSM 900, 1800 and 1900
- Remote Alarm Key Support: Yes
- Other Features:
- Torch: Yes
- Calculator: Yes
- Games: Yes
- Startup Wizard: Yes
- Alarm: Yes
- ICE (In Case of Emergency): Yes