Bellman Maxi Pro Bluetooth Amplifier for the Hard of Hearing
With Bluetooth connectivity, the Bellman Maxi Pro Bluetooth Amplifier for the Hard of Hearing connects directly to your mobile and enhances the audio of your calls so that you can hear voices clearer with less background interference. The Maxi uses a digital algorithm that recognises and amplifies speech directly into the supplied headphones to help you when out in public, or at home.
- Maximum Output Volume: 135dB
- Bluetooth Frequency: 2402 - 2480MHz
- Bluetooth Coverage: Up to 25m
- Operating Time: 70 hours (from full charge)
Who Can Benefit from Using the Bellman Maxi Pro Bluetooth Amplifier?
If you have difficulty hearing the TV, radio or your mobile phone, then this audio amplifier increases the volume of whatever you're listening to, directly into your ears. The Maxi uses a digital algorithm to filter out interfering background noises while also clarifying speech so that you can hear more clearly, even without hearing aids. Simply put on the headphones to instantly improve your hearing.
Clear Sound without Background Noise
While hearing aids help many people to hear better, they often have a downside of causing the volume of all audio to increase, meaning busy rooms and public places can be too noisy for you to hear what is going on. That's why the Maxi specifically works to filter out background noise as well as enhancing speech and human voices, for a clarity of sound that hearing aids can't provide on their own.
The Maxi Pro uses Bluetooth to connect to your phone so that any calls you receive will come through your Maxi with an excellent audio clarity. With Bluetooth activated on your phone and your Maxi turned on, press the Bluetooth button in the top right until the light starts to blink. The Maxi will appear on the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone, select the device called Maxi Pro and you're ready to go.
How Does the Maxi Work with A Mobile?
Once you have connected your phone to the Maxi it will ring in your headphones when you receive a call. Simply press the Bluetooth button in the top right to answer the call and prepare to be impressed with the audio clarity. When you're done press the same button to hang up or, if you don't want to answer the call, hold the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds and it will hang up.
The Maxi features an omnidirectional microphone, meaning that sound is picked up from all around the device. This works alongside the advanced digital algorithm to ensure that it picks up sound from all directions but only enhances the quality of speech and human voices rather than all the background interference.
The omnidirectional microphone picks up sound from all around the device
Suitable for Hearing Aids
This device will enhance the quality of audio coming through your hearing aids or cochlear implant. If you want to use the Maxi with hearing aids it must be attached to the Bellman Neck Loop (available for purchase here) which will send the audio signals directly to your hearing aids.
The Maxi is designed as a simple but effective handset with few buttons for ease of use that minimises any confusion. The large buttons let you increase or decrease the volume, adjust the tone of what you're hearing and switch between Bluetooth (the Bluetooth symbol) and the internal microphone (the microphone button). The simplicity of use makes it ideal for those with low vision or limited dexterity.
The Maxi Pro Bluetooth Amplifier allows you to adjust the tone on whatever you are listening to by either increasing or decreasing the treble. A higher treble makes the letters S, F and T more pronounced. If you are hard of hearing, then adjusting the tone of what you're listening to can have a significant impact on the clarity of speech, making previously muddy words more distinct.
The Maxi Pro does not only increase the clarity of voices while filtering out background interference, it also amplifies the sound of whatever you're listening to so you can chat with your friends without having to ask them to speak up. At its loudest the Maxi Pro has a huge output volume of 135dB when played through headphones, ensuring that you will always be able to hear every word of a conversation.
You can personalise your Bellman Maxi Amplifier to have the settings that will work best for you, or if you are prescribing a client the personal amplifier then you can pre-set it with the settings that will be most suited to their specific needs. The settings allow you to adjust the left-right balance; basic attenuation and disable the tone control or pre-set it.
Connect to TV or Radio
Designed for flexibility, the Maxi can connect to a variety of audio producing devices to improve the clarity of sound whether you're listening to the TV, radio or even a computer. If you want to use the Maxi Pro to hear your TV, the best quality sound will come through the Maxi Pro TV Streamer, which you can connect to via Bluetooth.
As an alternative to hearing aids, the Maxi Pro is ready for use straight out the box. Simply connect the charging cable and wait for the battery indicator to turn green, showing the handset is fully charged. Then insert the included Bellman Headphones with Microphone into the 3.5mm audio jack and you're ready to go.
Suitable for Use with Hearing Aids
The Maxi can be used instead of hearing aids however, it is flexible in the ways that it can output audio and, using the Bellman Neck Loop, it can output directly to a hearing aid or cochlear implant. By connecting the Maxi to your hearing aids, you can further amplify the volume of what you are listening to while filtering out background interference to maximise the clarity of the voices around you.
How Long Can the Maxi Pro Last When Fully Charged?
Not only is this device easy to set up, but it also requires minimal maintenance thanks to its massive operational lifespan. On a single charge it can last for up to 70 hours and it charges to full power in just 3 hours. Thanks to this extensive battery life and minimal charging time, you never need to worry about your Maxi running out of power when you need it most.
Key Benefits of the Bellman Maxi Personal Amplifier
- Improve the audio clarity and volume of your conversations with these headphones through this personal amplifier
- The Maxi uses a digital algorithm to effectively enhance speech while filtering background noise and interference
- Simple design with intuitive button layout avoids confusion so those with poor vision or dexterity can use it easily
- Bluetooth connectivity gives the Maxi the ability to directly link to your mobile for instantly improved call quality
- You can use the Bluetooth button to answer calls, hang up or reject the call without even picking up your phone
- Automatically lowers volume when switching on or between sources to avoid uncomfortable jumps in volume
- Has tone adjustment allowing you to set the treble at a level that provides clarity specifically for your hearing
- Highly adjustable with a variety of settings that you can change through the handset or pre-set for a client
- Versatile connectivity that can be used to clarify sound from TV, radio, music players, phone calls and computers
- Includes Bellman Headphones with Microphone so that you can start using your Maxi straight out of the box
- Hassle-free installation - simply charge your device, insert the included headphones and you're ready to go
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 140 x 45 x 27mm (5.5 x 1.8 x 1.1")
- Weight: 127g (approx. 0.28lbs)
- Maximum Output Volume: Up to 135dB (test on Bellman headphones)
- Gain At Full Volume: 49dB
- Outputs: 3.5mm stereo jack plug
- Inputs: Omnidirectional microphone; Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Frequency: 2402 - 2480MHz
- Bluetooth Coverage: Up to 25m
- Operating Time: Up to 70 hours from a full charge
- Charging Time: 3 hours
- Power Consumption: 18mA
- Distortion: 0.2% THD
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 8kHz (Mic); 20Hz - 20kHz (Bluetooth)
- Tone Control: 5 pre-set steps
- Volume Control: 9 steps (5dB per step)