Bellman Maxi Personal Amplifier for the Hard of Hearing
By using a digital algorithm, the Bellman Maxi Personal Amplifier for the Hard of Hearing clarifies speech while filtering out noisy background interference. Whether you are a hearing aid user or someone who struggles with hearing in busy and quiet environments, the Maxi's amplification and enhancement of sound will significantly improve your ability to hear clearly
- 1 x Personal Amplifier
- 2 x AA Alkaline Batteries
- 1 x Belt Clip
- 1 x Neck Strap
- User Manual and Quick Guide
- Maximum Output Volume: 119dB
- Operating Time: 150 hours (2 x AA alkaline batteries)
- Frequency Range: 40 - 10KHz
Who Can Benefit from Using the Bellman Maxi Personal Amplifier?
If you have hearing aids or find it difficult to hear the TV and radio, then this audio amplifier increases the volume of whatever you're listening to, directly into your ears. The perfect complement to hearing aids or cochlear implants, the Maxi uses an algorithm to filter out noise while making voices more clear whether you're out in a busy place, with the family at dinner or watching TV.
Clear Sound without Background Noise
While hearing aids help many people to hear better, they often have a downside of causing the volume of all audio to increase, meaning busy rooms and public places can be too noisy for you to hear what is going on. That's why the Maxi specifically works to filter out background as well as enhancing speech and human voices, for a clarity of sound that hearing aids can't provide on their own.
The Maxi features an omnidirectional microphone, meaning that sound is picked up from all around the device. This works alongside the advanced digital algorithm to ensure that it picks up sound from all directions but only enhances the quality of speech and human voices rather than all the background interference.
The omnidirectional microphone picks up sound from all around the device
Suitable for Hearing Aids
This device will enhance the quality of audio coming through your hearing aids or cochlear implant. If you want to use the Maxi with hearing aids it must be attached to the Bellman Neck Loop (available for purchase here) which will send the audio signals directly to your hearing aids.
The Maxi is designed as a simple but effective handset with few buttons for ease of use that minimises any confusion. The large buttons let you increase or decrease the volume, adjust the tone of what you're hearing and switch between Telecoil (the T button) and the internal microphone (the M button). The simplicity of use makes it ideal for those with low vision or limited dexterity.
The Maxi Personal Amplifier allows you to adjust the tone on whatever you are listening to by either increasing or decreasing the treble. If you are hard of hearing, then adjusting the tone of what you're listening to can have a significant impact on the clarity of speech, making previously muddy words more distinct.
Works with Telecoil
Featuring a built in telecoil, the Maxi can connect to audio loops in venues such as theatres, museums or cinemas wherever you see the inductive loop symbol (pictured below). By connecting to an inductive hearing loop, you will have the sound source transferred directly into your hearing aid or choice of headphones so that you can hear without the interference of background noise.
Telecoil symbol - if you see this at a venue you can use your Maxi Personal Amplifier to connect to their induction loop
You can personalise your Bellman Maxi Personal Amplifier to have the settings that will work best for you, or if you are prescribing a client the personal amplifier then you can pre-set it with the settings that will be most suited to their specific needs. The settings allow you to adjust the left-right balance; basic attenuation; disable the telecoil and disable the tone control or pre-set it.
Connect to TV or Radio
Designed for flexibility, the Maxi can connect to a variety of audio producing devices to improve the clarity of sound whether you're listening to the TV, radio or even a computer. It is also flexible in the ways that it can output audio, either directly to a hearing aid/cochlear implant or through a 3.5mm audio jack to headphones or earphones.
Clip On or Wear with A Lanyard
It's easy to keep the Maxi on your person as it is supplied with a belt clip and a lanyard, so that you can either wear it around your neck or attached to your person - whichever works best for you. To attach the belt clip, simply click it into place on the back of the Maxi or, if you prefer to wear it round your neck, simply loop the lanyard through the top of the device.
Huge Battery Life
Not only is this device easy to set up, all you need to do is insert the two AA batteries that it comes with, but also it has a huge battery life of up to 150 hours running on those two batteries. Thanks to this extensive battery life you can be confident in the consistent operation of your Bellman Maxi and that it requires hardly any maintenance.
Key Benefits of the Bellman Maxi Personal Amplifier
- Improve the audio clarity of your hearing aids or headphones through this personal amplifier
- Uses an algorithm to enhance speech while filtering out background noise and interference
- Simple design with intuitive button layout to avoid confusion and help those with poor vision or dexterity
- Contains a telecoil so that you can conduct to a hearing loop for clear audio when you are out
- Can switch between the telecoil and internal microphone for your choice of what to listen to
- Automatically lowers volume when switching between sources to avoid uncomfortable sound jumps
- Has tone adjustment allowing you to set the treble at a level that works specifically for you
- Highly adjustable with a variety of settings that you can change through the handset or pre-set for a client
- Versatile connectivity that can be used to clarify sound from TV, radio, music players and computers
- Comes with a clip to attach to your belt or a lanyard to wear around your neck, whichever fit you prefer
- Hassle-free installation, all you need to do is insert the batteries and you're ready to go
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 140 x 45 x 27mm (5.5 x 1.8 x 1.1")
- Weight: 133g (approx. 0.29lbs)
- Maximum Output Volume: Up to 119dB (test on Bellman headphones)
- Gain At Full Volume: 135dB
- Outputs: 3.5mm stereo jack plug
- Inputs: Omnidirectional microphone; Telecoil; External source input (2.5mm stereo jack)
- Operating Time: Up to 150 hours on 2 x AA alkaline batteries
- Distortion: 0.557% THD
- Frequency Range: 40 - 10KHz
- Tone Control: 5 pre-set steps
- Volume Control: 9 steps (5dB per step)
- Output Power: 125mW