Amplicomms BigTel 1583 Number Blocker Amplified Phone and Additional Handsets
If you're looking to buy amplified telephones for multiple rooms, the Amplicomms BigTel 1583 Number Blocker Amplified Phone and Additional Handsets deal is perfect for you, providing three handsets, each with a handy number blocker button. This set of phones includes a digital answering machine that records up to 30 minutes of messages, adjustable receiver amplification of up to 35dB and an adjustable ringer volume of up to 90dB.
- Receiver volume: up to 35dB (6x louder than a normal phone)
- Ringer volume: up to 90dB
- Fully hearing aid compatible
- Digital voicemail with 30 mins recording time
- Number blocking button included
- 1 x Amplicomms BigTel 1500 Amplified Telephone with Number Blocker
- 2 x Amplicomms BigTel 1501 Additional Handset with Number Blocker
- 3 x RJ11 removeable telephone cable with BT adaptor plug
- 3 x AC mains power cable with plug
- 6 x AAA rechargeable batteries (two for each phone)
How Does the Number Blocker Work?
The number blocker function is featured on all the phones in this bundle and has 3 different modes according to the degree of privacy you desire:
- Manual: You can add numbers to a blacklist that will prevent them from calling you again by pressing the dedicated number blocker button on the phone keypad.
- Contacts: In this mode any number not previously saved in your phonebook will be blocked from calling you. All phonebook contacts will be able to ring you as normal.
- VIP: In this mode only the previously saved phonebook contacts you designate as VIPs will be able to call you, all numbers apart from your chosen VIP contacts will be blocked from calling you.
Please note: To use the call blocker function, you must have Caller ID enabled from your telephone service provider.
Block unwanted callers at the touch of a button
How Loud Are the Amplicomms BigTel 1583 Phones?
Featuring a one-touch volume boost button on the side of the handsets, these amplified telephones have a receiver volume that can be increased by 35dB (decibels). The ringer volume is adjustable up to 90dB, which is loud enough to be suitable for the majority of users.
Is the Number Blocker Amplified Phone Easy to Use?
Due to the large, high-quality screen and the ergonomic big-button keypad these phones are simple to operate, even for users with limited vision or dexterity. The intuitive menu is easy to use and the clear, concise user guide helps make this phone even more user-friendly.
Say goodbye to nuisance calls with the fantastic number blocker
Are These Phones Hearing Aid Compatible?
These phones are fully hearing aid compatible, up to and including the M4/T4 specification, which is the highest specification of hearing aid available. The combination of great amplification and hearing aid compatibility make this trio of phones especially suitable for those who are hard of hearing.
Can I Connect An Additional Handset to this Phone?
It's simple and easy to add an additional handset with Amplicomms phones, simply select the base you would like to connect to through the intuitive menu and enter your 4 digit pin (the pin is set to 0000 by default). If even this fantastic three handset deal doesn't have enough phones for your needs, the network can connect to one additional handset, which can be purchased from the menu at the top of the page.
Is the Caller ID Function Clear and Easy to Read?
The caller number is displayed clearly on the large screen, and if the number has been previously saved it will display the contact name instead. It's easy to save numbers into the phonebook by copying them from the Caller ID Log, which keeps a record of the last 50 incoming calls, including the date and time of the call.
Do These Phones Have Speed Dial?
There are three speed dial buttons on each of these phones that have been clearly marked "M1, M2 and M3" at the top of the keypad. Simply press the desired "M" key when you are setting up the phone, enter a name and number and you'll be able to reach that contact with a press of the button, taking all the hassle out of staying in touch with loved ones.
Is This Phone Compatible With Digital Routers?
BT have announced that by 2025, all analogue phone lines will be switched off, meaning landline phones will need to be compatible with digital routers and hubs. In preparation for the changeover, all Amplicomms Telephones are now fully compatible with digital networks. Amplicomms have confirmed that all phones are suitable for a digital network after testing at BT and Talk Talk labs.
Where Can I Find More Information?
If you are looking for more in-depth information about the Big Tel 1583 deal, please click here for the comprehensive user guide.
- Batteries: 6 x Standard AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries (included in purchase)
- Indoor phone range: 50 metres
- Outdoor phone range: 300 metres
- Standby battery time: Up to 100 hours
- In-call battery time: Up to 10 hours
- Telephone cable: RJ11
- Power cable: Low power consumption AC mains adaptor
- Base dimensions: (LxWxH) 11 x 8 x 8cm
- Handset dimensions: (LxWxH) 17.7 x 3 x 5.2cm