Amplicomms BigTel 1580 Amplified Phone with Number Blocker and Voicemail
If you hate being bothered by sales calls, if you don't want to miss calls from loved ones when you're out and about or if you are simply a bit hard of hearing and find other telephones too quiet, the Amplicomms BigTel 1580 Amplified Phone with Number Blocker and Voicemail is a fantastic choice for you. This intelligently designed amplified telephone has been made to give an impressive 35dB of amplification to the receiver and can block calls from unwanted numbers at the touch of a button, preventing them from being able to call you ever again (unless you choose to remove them from the blocked list).
- Receiver volume: 35dB (6x louder than a standard phone)
- Ringer volume: 90dB
- Fully hearing aid compatible
- Includes voicemail with 30 minutes recording time
- Can be paired with up to 3 additional handsets
- 1 x Amplicomms BigTel 1580 Amplified Phone with Number Blocker and Voicemail
- 1 x RJ11 removeable telephone cable with BT adaptor plug
- 1 x AC mains power cable with plug
- 2 x AAA rechargeable batteries
How Does the Number Blocker Work?
The number blocker function is featured on both phones in this bundle has 3 different modes according to the degree of privacy you desire:
- Manual: You can add numbers to a blacklist that will prevent them from calling you again by pressing the dedicated number blocker button on the phone keypad.
- Contacts: In this mode any number not previously saved in your phonebook will be blocked from calling you. All phonebook contacts will be able to ring you as normal.
- VIP: In this mode only the previously saved phonebook contacts you designate as VIPs will be able to call you, all numbers apart from your chosen VIP contacts will be blocked from calling you.
Please note: To use the call blocker function, you must have Caller ID enabled from your telephone service provider.
Block unwanted callers at the touch of a button
How Loud Is the Amplicomms BigTel 1580's Amplification?
Featuring a one-touch volume boost button on the side of the handset, this amplified telephones receiver volume can be increased by 35dB (decibels). The ringer volume is adjustable up to 90dB, which is loud enough to be suitable for the vast majority of users.
How Easy Is this Number Blocker Phone to Use?
Due to the large, high-quality screen and the ergonomic big-button keypad this phone is simple to operate, even for users with limited vision or dexterity. The intuitive menu is easy to use and the clear, concise user guide helps make this phone even more user-friendly.
Say goodbye to unwanted sales calls with the phenomenal number blocker
Is This Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
This phone is fully hearing aid compatible, up to and including the M4/T4 specification, which is the highest specification of hearing aid available. The combination of great amplification and hearing aid compatibility make this phone especially suitable for those who are hard of hearing.
How Long Does the Voicemail Record For?
This phone's voicemail can record up to 30 minutes of messages.
Can I Connect Additional Handsets to this Phone?
It's simple and easy to add your additional handsets with Amplicomms phones. Simply select the base you would like to connect to through the intuitive menu and enter your 4 digit pin (the pin is set to 0000 by default). This phone can connect to a maximum of three additional handsets.
Is the Caller ID Function Clear and Easy to Read?
The caller number is displayed clearly on the large screen, and if the number has been previously saved it will display the contact name instead. It's easy to save numbers into the phonebook by copying them from the Caller ID Log, which keeps a record of the last 50 incoming calls, including the date and time of the call.
Does This Phone Have Speed Dial?
There are three speed dial buttons that have been clearly marked "M1, M2 and M3" at the top of the keypad. Simply press the desired "M" key when you are setting up the phone, enter a name and number and you'll be able to reach that contact with a press of the button, taking all the hassle out of staying in touch with loved ones.
Is This Phone Compatible With Digital Routers?
BT have announced that by 2025, all analogue phone lines will be switched off, meaning landline phones will need to be compatible with digital routers and hubs. In preparation for the changeover, all Amplicomms Telephones are now fully compatible with digital networks. Amplicomms have confirmed that all phones are suitable for a digital network after testing at BT and Talk Talk labs.
Where Can I Find More Information?
If you are looking for more in-depth information about the BigTel 1580, please click here for the comprehensive user guide.
- Batteries: 2 x Standard AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries (included in purchase)
- Indoor phone range: 50 metres
- Outdoor phone range: 300 metres
- Standby battery time: Up to 100 hours
- In-call battery time: Up to 10 hours
- Telephone cable: RJ11
- Power cable: Low power consumption AC mains adaptor
- Base dimensions: (LxWxH) 15 x 8 x 8cm
- Handset dimensions: (LxWxH) 17.7 x 3 x 5.2cm