Geemarc Wake 'n' Shake Light Vibrating Alarm Clock with Lamp
The Geemarc Wake 'n' Shake Light Vibrating Alarm Clock with Lamp combines an alarm with vibrating pillow pad with a lamp light to provide a more natural and personal approach to waking up. The vibration function is ideal for individuals who struggle to hear an alarm clock, and the lamp can provide a simulated sunrise effect for a gentler method of waking up in the morning.
- 1 x Light
- 1 x Power Supply Unit
- 1 x Instruction Guide
- 1 x Vibrating Shaker
- Alarm clock with a vibrating pillow pad and an adjustable LED light
- Adjustable alarm clock settings include adjustable tone, adjustable volume, and adjustable screen brightness
- Clock includes five programmable radio stations from 86.9 - 108MHz FM
- Features soothing ambient sounds (frog, wind, rain, bird, sea) for relaxation and gentle wakening
- Time display can be altered between 12-hour and 24-hour display to suit different needs
- LED lamp light gradually becomes brighter to simulate the rising sun for a more natural method of waking up
- Simulated sunrise effect allows eyes to become more accustomed to the light in preparation for waking
- Lamp light can be adjusted between fifteen levels for the optimum level of brightness
- Vibrating pillow pad can gently shake you awake in the morning, ideal for hearing-impaired individuals
- Snooze function can range from five to 90 minutes to suit your waking pattern
- Audio connector for external source via 3.5mm, ideal for individuals with hearing difficulties
- Includes a USB port for charging mobile phones and other electronic devices
- Vibrating pillow shaker supplied with a two-metre wire for good reach from the bedside table to the bed
- Option of battery backup in case of power failure for ongoing benefit (4 x AA batteries not included)
How Does this Clock Help the Hard of Hearing?
This clock is designed for hard of hearing and fully deaf people, and helps them to wake up each morning with a number of benefits:
- Customisable alarm settings:
- Lamp 'sunrise and good night' functions: The hard of hearing might prefer to wake up using light as opposed to a sound-based alarm. This helps to maintain one's circadium rhythm and of course increases accessibility for people who cannot hear alarm sounds.
- Vibrating alarm: This alarm has a vibrating option, which involves popping a small shaker (included) underneath their pillow. This has a number of benefits that extend beyond the hard of hearing, which you can learn more about in the section below. However, in the context of deaf people, a vibrating alarm is the most reliable way to wake up deep sleepers with compromised or minimal hearing capabilities.
- Adjustable tone and volume:
- This alarm clock can be used by hearing aid wearers and those without audio assistance. Users can adjust the tone and volume of the alarm sounds so that it does not interfere with any hearing devices they might have, for a customisable and easy to use alarm.
Who Needs a Vibrating Alarm Clock?
This alarm clock features a small shaker which can be popped underneath a pillow for indirect, yet close contact with the user's head. This ensures the user is woken up regardless of how compromised their hearing is or how heavy of a sleeper they are. A vibrating alarm clock is also preferable to normal alarm clocks for several reasons:
- Hard of Hearing: Vibrating alarm clocks are essential equipment for users who are hard of hearing or fully deaf
- For Heavy Sleepers: For people needing extra assistance when waking up, a vibrating alarm clock doubles their chances of waking.
- To Not Wake Up Sleeping Partners: If you sleep with a partner who is very sensitive to sounds, a vibrating alarm clock means only the person with the shaker underneath their pillow will wake up.
- Personal Preference: Some people find audio alarms shocking first thing in the morning, prompting them to wake up stressed. A vibrating alarm offers a more gentle alternative for improved sleep and mental wellbeing.
Who Else Will Benefit from the Wake 'N' Shake Light?
Although this alarm clock is designed for the hard of hearing, a number of other people can benefit from it. Some examples of this include:
- Heavy sleepers who need additional assistance waking up. Use of a vibrating alarm (in addition to other alarm settings) doubles chances of waking up even the heaviest of sleepers.
- People sharing a bed with partners who don't want to be woken up. The vibrating setting on this alarm keeps other people in the room asleep by only waking the primary user.
- People wanting to stay in sync with their circadium rhythm. The sunrise setting simulates a more natural way of waking up for facilitating proper sleep patterns
- Sufferers of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Using an alarm clock that simulates the sun aids SAD sufferers, reducing symptoms like anxiety and depression.
Choose How You Want to Wake Up
The Wake 'n' Shake Light Alarm with Lamp allows you to wake up in the way that best suits you. It can be used as a standard alarm clock, with adjustable volume and tone, and a handy snooze function to allow you to gradually wake up over five to 90 minutes.
The vibrating pillow shaker can be used to 'shake' you awake, ideal for anybody who struggles to hear an alarm clock or who sleeps with somebody who does not have to wake up as early in the morning. If you choose to use the sunrise simulation provided by the LED lamp, then you can wake up more naturally as the light gradually increases, allowing your eyes and body to adjust.
Adjustable Alarm Clock Sounds
With a choice of two different programmable alarms, five programmable radio stations from 86.9 to 108 MHz FM, and adjustable alarm tone and volume, you can alter the alarm clock alert to suit you. This is particularly useful if you find that you become alert at the sound of a voice on the radio, but not perhaps by the beeping alert provided by most standard alarm clocks. The alarm ringer can also be switched to ambient sounds for a more gentle encouragement in the morning, and sounds include 'frog', 'rain', 'wind', 'bird', and 'sea'.
Simulated Sunrise LED Lamp Function
Whether you choose to combine the light with the alarm or just utilise the benefits of the increasing LED light, the Wake 'n' Shake Light Lamp can provide you with a more natural approach to waking up. Set to simulate a gradual sunrise, your eyes will become slowly and more comfortably adjusted to the morning light, and this in turn can help the rest of your body become accustomed to the new day. The light can be used on its own, or before an alarm clock to reduce the impact of the sounds of the alert.
- Illuminance: 300lux
- Power Adaptor: 9V DC 2.0A
- Battery Backup: 4 x AA batteries (not included)
- Unit Weight: 430g
- Overall Dimensions: 120 x 170 x 120mm
Please click the PDF link below for the user guide for this product: