Geemarc LH10 Amplified Hearing Assistant
If you have difficulty with hearing on a daily basis, then using a personal sound amplifier can help you to combat this, reducing strain and improving comfort as you go about your day. The Geemarc LH10 Amplified Hearing Assistant allows you to control the volume up to 30dB to best suit your requirements, as well as adjust both tone and balance for optimal listening.
What's Included with This Purchase?
- 1 x LH10 Conversation piece
- 1 x Headset with rubber ear cushions (stereo jack 3.5mm)
- 1 x 3.7V Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery
- 1 x Micro USB cable for recharging
- 1 x Belt clip
- 1 x User guide
How Does the Amplified Hearing Assistant Work?
The LH10 Amplified Hearing Assistant works in a similar way to headsets and other in-ear listening aids. It features a sensitive built-in microphone that picks up the sound around you, which is then transmitted at the volume of your choice through the included earphones.
How Loud Is the LH10 Hearing Assistant?
As the sound is sent straight to your ears, you can enjoy amplified sound of up to 30dB, tone control of +/- 10dB, and both left and right balance control without needing to alter the main sound source. This mean that, once you've adjusted the Hearing Assistant with your required settings, you won't need to worry about having to constantly alter the television, radio, or even telephone ringer volume. It also allows others in the household to enjoy listening at regular volume, while you can sit back and relax with your personalised sound!
Can I Use the Hearing Assistant with Induction Loops?
While induction loops are designed for use with hearing aids, the Amplified Hearing Assistant is also compatible for use in locations with induction loops thanks to the built-in sensitive T-coil. With this, the Hearing Assistant acts as a kind of hearing aid, with the T-coil picking up the induction loop transmission just as a hearing aid would, and then ending that sound to the earphones for more pleasant and stress-free hearing.
How Do I Install the LH10?
Once you've inserted the batteries, follow these simple steps:
- Insert the headset lead into the headset port found on the base of the conversation piece
- Switch the headset on, and adjust the volume to a comfortable level by rolling the volume control wheel
- The LH10 is built with an internal microphone which enables you to hear all the surrounding sounds
- You can adjust the tone and balance by using the controls found within the battery compartment
To learn more about how to set up the LH10 Hearing Assistant, please view the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
How Is This Hearing Assistant Powered?
To ensure excellent portability, the LH10 Hearing Assistant is powered with a rechargeable battery (included). The lithium-polymer rechargeable battery can be recharged using the micro USB cable, which is included with this purchase. Alternatively, you can also use two single non-rechargeable 1.5V AAA batteries, which aren't included with the purchase.
Where Can I Use the Amplified Hearing Assistant?
Due to the portable nature of the LH10 Hearing Assistant, it is ideal both for use at home and outdoors. You can wear the earbuds and rest the device on the armchair beside you, or you can carry it conveniently in your hand while listening to conversations, announcements, or events away from home. As it has an operating time of between eight and 10 hours when fully charged, you can rest assured that it will serve you well throughout the day.
What Warranty Does the LH10 Amplified Hearing Assistant Have?
For extra reassurance, the LH10 Amplified Hearing Assistant is supplied with a two-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Adjustable receiving volume: up to 30dB
- Tone control: +/- 10dB
- Balance control: left and right
- Maximum acoustic output: up to 120dBSPL
- Operating time: 8 to 10 hours
- Charging time: 2 to 3 hours
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Telecoil sensitivity: -50dBv, 1Khz, 100mA/m
- Overall dimensions: 5.7 x 2.7 x 10cm