Amplicomms BigTel 40 Plus Big Button Black Amplified Corded Telephone with Photo Buttons (2-Pack)
If you're looking for a landline set-up option suitable for those who are hard-of-hearing, or have visual impairments, the Amplicomms BigTel 40 Plus Big Button Black Amplified Corded Telephone with Photo Buttons (2-Pack) is a top-quality choice. The adjustable receiver can be turned up to 40dB volume - almost 8x a standard phone receiver - ensuring that you can hear every word. The speed-dial function and larger photo-button design also makes this phone useful for those with memory problems.
This convenient double-pack includes two phones, ensuring that there's always one within reach.
- 2 x Amplified Telephone Units
- 2 x Premium Receivers
- 2 x Helix Cables
- 2 x Telephone Connection Cables
- 2 x Wall Installation Brackets
- Operation Instructions
- Receiver Volume: 40dB
- Ringer Volume: 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Custom photo speed dial buttons
- Digital router / hub compatible
Why Do I Need a 2-Pack of Amplified Telephones?
These quality phone options are corded, making them a great choice for use as a landline. Unlike mobile phones, however, these phone units are not portable. The 2-pack bundle of amplified corded telephones allows you to set up your devices in multiple areas of your chosen area for ease-of-access, ensuring that at least one of them is always within reach.
How Loud Is This Corded Telephone Device?
The ringer volume of this corded amplified telephone can be adjusted to as loud as 90dB, while the receiver volume can be increased up to 40dB. The loud ringing and receiver volumes make this option ideal for the hard-of-hearing.
Is the Amplified Telephone Hearing Aid Compatible?
This amplified telephone is designed to work with hearing aids, and can be easily adapted for hearing aid users. However, due to the expansive range of hearing aid models available, we cannot guarantee seamless functioning with your specific hearing aid device.
How Is This Amplified Telephone Device Connected?
This convenient and high-quality amplified telephone option does not require connection to mains power to function. Instead, simply connect your docking station and receiver using the provided helix cable (a spiral cable), then use the telephone connection cable to connect the docking station to a phone socket. See the diagram below for details.
Please Note: Only use the telephone line provided with this unit. We cannot guarantee the functioning of telephone lines not supplied with this unit.
Features of the BigTel 40 Plus Amplified Telephone
- Amplified telephone option with corded connection
- Pack of two amplified telephones, and everything required for set-up
- Ideal for users who are hard-of-hearing
- Can also be useful for those with visual impairments or memory issues
- Features an adjustable ringing volume reaching up to 90dB
- Adjustable receiver volume can reach up to 40dB
- Approximately eight times louder than the average phone receiver
- Hearing-aid compatible design for ease-of-use and convenience for users with hearing loss
- LED light flashes during an incoming call, offering a visual cue for deaf or low-hearing users
- Larger buttons are easier for those with visual impairments to use
- Customisable photo-button design can be useful for users with memory problems
- Features speed-dial programming for optimal convenience
- Doesn't require mains connection to function (see diagram)
- Digital router and hub compatible
Ideal For A Range of Users
This phone is designed to be a fantastic choice for those who are hard of hearing, but can also be incredibly useful for those with visual impairments. The larger buttons are easier to see than regular telephone buttons, allowing those with visual impairments to better identify and distinguish them.
Those with dementia or similar memory problems may find this telephone handy, as the photo-button to design and easy-to-programme speed dial functions can make it easier for them to contact their family, friends, and carers without needing to remember names or numbers to do so.
Multiple Ways to Display
There are two possible ways of displaying the BigTel 40 Plus telephone. You can either place the device on a flat surface, or mount the unit on a wall. You will be provided with the relevant wall installation brackets should you choose to display your device this way, however the specific fixings (e.g., screws) are sold separately.
Compatible With Digital Routers
BT have announced that by 2025, all analogue phone lines will be switched off. This means that landline phones, such as this BigTel 40 Plus option, will need to be compatible with digital routers and hubs. In preparation for the changeover, all Amplicomms Telephones are now fully compatible with digital networks. Amplicomms have confirmed that all phones are suitable for a digital network after testing at BT and Talk Talk labs.
- Weight: 636g
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 175 x 175 x 62mm
- Ringer Volume: Up to 90dB
- Receiver Volume: Up to 40dB