V2T-10 Landline-to-Smartphone Voice to Text Converter
If you're living with severe hearing impairment, a standard amplified telephone might not always be efficient enough for you. With the V2T-10 Landline-to-Smartphone Voice to Text Converter, phone calls you usually have using your landline can be sent straight to your smartphone mobile phone or tablet in text format, meaning you can read the conversations you are having on your handheld device, reducing the difficulties that may occur if you struggle to hear phone conversations.
What's Included with This Purchase?
- 1 x V2T-10 device
- 1 x 9V alkaline battery
- 1 x RJ9 to RJ9 cord
- 1 x 3.5mm plug to 3.5mm plug audio cord
- 1 x User guide
What Do I Need to Set Up the Voice to Text Converter?
The V2T-10 Landline-to-Smartphone Voice to Text Converter is compatible with 99% of corded phones. While it is easy to set up, it does require the following to run:
- Smartphone or tablet running Android system 4.3 or later
- Live Transcribe App, which is free to download from Google Play
- Broadband internet connection
Please note that the V2T-10 cannot be used with one-piece telephones that have a keypad on the handset.
How Does the Voice to Text Converter Work?
The Voice to Text Converter works by plugging into a corded landline telephone and the base of the landline. The converter is then connected to a smartphone and, once the Text Hear Personal app has been installed, conversations transmitted through your landline will be written on the screen of your smartphone or tablet.
The V2T-10 Converter has two modes:
- Voice to text conversion of the incoming part of the conversation only, in which case you can respond normally by speaking into the handset.
- Voice to text conversion of both parts of the conversation.
Both modes allow you to listen to the conversation while you also read it.
Please note that a broadband internet connection will be required to use the V2T-10. This will enable both the receiving and sending, as well as the recording, of telephone conversations in text format.
How Do I Set Up the Voice to Text Converter?
Firstly, you will need to connect the V2T-10 to the corded telephone. To do so:
- Unplug the handset cord from your telephone base socket.
- Connect the end of RJ9 to EJ9 cord supplied with the V2T-10 to the telephone base socket, and one end to the input socket located the the top of the V2T-10.
- Connect your handset cord to the output socket located at the front of the V2T-10.
Then, you will need to connect your smartphone or tablet to the V2T-10:
- Connect one end of 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord supplied with the V2T-10 to the 3.5mm socket of your smartphone or tablet, and on end to the Audio output port located at the right hand side of your V2T-10.
- Download the free Live Transcribe app from Google Play and run it on your smartphone or tablet.
You can learn more about how to install the Voice to Text Converter by viewing the user manual below:
|User Manual |
What Is RJ9 to RJ9 Cord?
The RJ9 cord is a hard plastic, flat modular line connector that can be clear or smoke coloured. This cable is already included with the purchase.
Who Can Use the Voice to Text Converter?
The V2T-10 Converter has been designed for anybody with hearing impairments who would benefit from being able to read telephone calls in real time as they are happening. You can use it to read telephone conversations when somebody calls you, and it can also be used to reply to conversations where required. This makes it great for people with hearing impairments, and also for anybody with speech difficulties who would prefer to respond to phone conversations through written text.
How Do I Take a Phone Call?
When you want to make or answer a phone call, just do it as you do with your telephone. If the converter is switched on, the speech will be converted to text in the Text Hear Personal Hearing Aid app automatically.
If you don’t use the V2T-10 with Text Hear Personal Hearing Aid App, you can turn the V2T-10 off to save battery life. Turning V2T-10 off will not affect your phone calls.
Will It Work with My Landline?
The V2T-10 Voice to Text Converter is compatible with 99% of corded phones. Simply plug the converter into the base of the phone and the corded phone into the other end of the converter, and it's almost good to go. There is an RJ9 connection between the phone cord and its base.
Please note that the corded telephone in the pictures provided is shown for illustrative purposes only; the V2T-10 is ready to use with 99% of landlines that have been purchased separately.
Will it Work with My Smartphone or Tablet?
The Landline-to-Smartphone Converter is compatible with a smartphone or tablet that has a 3.5mm audio jack slot. Android phones need Android 4.3 or later, while Apple phones require iOS 9.2 or later.
The device will also require enough storage space to download the Text Hear Personal app. The multi-language app can receive, send, and record conversations, and the font and size settings can be altered to make reading conversations as easy and straightforward for you as possible.
- Compatible with 99% of corded phones
- Interface with smartphone or tablet with 3.5mm audio jack
- Requires broadband internet connection
- Font and font size selection
- Dimensions: 102 x 63 x 33mm
- Weight: 114g
Please note that the corded telephone and smartphone pictured are shown for illustrative purposes only; they must be purchased separately.