Swissvoice Xtra 3155 Corded Amplified Telephone with Two Extra Handsets
When you have difficulties hearing the phone or remembering numbers, keeping in touch with loved ones and important contacts can become a struggle. The Swissvoice Xtra 3155 Corded Amplified Telephone with Two Extra Handsets is an exceptionally easy-to-use phone that features extra-loud ringer and receiver volumes, and is equipped with a range of features that make it ideal for those with visual, hearing and memory deficits.
- 1 x Swissvoice Xtra 3155 Corded Base Unit
- 2 x Cordless Handsets with Charger Bases
- 3 x AC Power Adaptors (one for base unit, two for handsets)
- 1 x Telephone Line Cord
- 6 x AAA Batteries
- 8 x Transparent Photo Covers
- 1 x User Manual
How Loud Is the Ringing Volume?
The ringer of this phone is exceptionally loud, and can be set to volumes up to 90dB, which is louder than a freight train at 15 metres. This ensures you'll be able to hear the phone ring anywhere in the house, and even from the garden.
How Loud is the Receiver Volume?
The handset is equipped with impressive volumes as well, with six volume levels that can be adjusted up to 30dB (over 4x louder than the average phone). You can also use the audio boost feature to further enhance the clarity and loudness of your caller's voice, ideal for those conversations where no word can be missed.
Are the Cordless Handsets As Loud as the Corded Base Unit?
Yes, the handsets feature the same extra-loud 90dB ringer and boosted 30dB earpiece volume as the base unit. This allows you to take loud, accessible conversations to multiple rooms in the home!
How Easy To Use Is the Swissvoice Xtra 3155 Phone?
The Xtra 3155 is designed to be exceptionally easy to install and use. It features a large key keypad that prevents dialling mistakes, a large backlit display on the cordless handsets for easy readability, and large backlit incoming call indicators on both the handsets and the base that light up when the phone rings.
To make a call, you can either use the handset, in which case you need to press the green button and dial the number, or use the base, which only requires picking up the corded handset and entering the number. The corded handset is especially convenient for the elderly suffering from memory loss or confusion, as it doesn't require them to press any additional buttons to answer or make a call.
The corded handset and extra large keyboard make the Xtra 3155 very easy to use
Does the Xtra 3155 Have an Answering Machine?
Yes, the Swissvoice Xtra 3155 Telephone does come with an answering machine that features 30 minutes of recording time, as well as a slow-play message function. This allows you to re-play your messages at a speed that works best for you, ensuring you never miss an important phone call.
Staying Connected with Your Loved Ones with Photo Buttons
To make the Xtra 3155 even easier to use, the base is equipped with eight photo memories, which can be fitted with pictures of those closest to you. This way, you can reach them in the easiest way. The photo memories are equipped with vocal VIP ringers, which means the telephone alternates ringer and the recorded name, allowing you to instantly call your loved ones.
Call your loved ones by simply pressing their photo button
How Do I Add Photos to the Photo Buttons?
To add a photo to the photo buttons, simply print out the photos of your loved ones in a small 3 x 2cm size. After that, simply place the photo into one of the supplied transparent photo covers, and snap onto the desired buttons. Simple instructions for setting each photo button's number can be found in the User Instruction Manual near the bottom of this page.
What Is the Range of the Handsets?
The Swissvoice Xtra 3155 offers the perfect compromise between a corded and cordless telephone, combining a standard telephone with two extra cordless handsets. The range of the cordless handsets depends on the surrounding conditions, and is usually up to 50 metres when used in a typical indoor environment.
Which Accessories Are Compatible?
A number of accessories are available to help you expand your system and make it easier to use, all of which are simple to connect in minutes. You can connect one more of the following accessories, in addition to the supplied handsets:
- Additional Cordless Handset: This is another handset to be added to your system, identical to the cordless handset supplied
- Additional Photo Button Handset: This is a simplified handset equipped with four large photo buttons. This handset is ideal for those with memory deficits or dementia
- Xtra 8155 Doorbell: This is a two-way audio doorbell, allowing you to speak to visitors at your door through your corded phone or handset.
Are Any Other Accessories Available?
Separate to the accessories above, up to 30 additional Xtra Ringer 8155 devices can be connected to your phone. These provide a loud alert to inform you that your phone is ringing, and are equipped with a bright LED light to make identification easy for the visually impaired. These are ideal for placement around the home so that you won't miss a call, even if you aren't close to a handset.
Features and Benefits of the Swissvoice Xtra 3155
- Includes an amplified corded base and two amplified cordless handsets
- Features a ringing volume of up to 90dB, which is louder than a freight train at 15 metres
- Receiver volume adjustable up to 30dB – over 4x louder than the average telephone
- Handsets and base unit feature the same loud ringer and earpiece volumes
- Six volume levels plus audio-boost key ensure you always hear the conversation
- Answering machine has 30 minutes of recording time
- Eight photo buttons make dialling most-used numbers easier
- Cordless handset has an indoor range of 50 metres
- Corded phone works even during power cuts
- Compatible with your hearing aid
- You can use one additional handset or accessory with the telephone, in addition to the supplied handsets
- Free Field Range: Up to 300m
- Indoor Range: Up to 50m
- Handset Battery Life: 10 hours talk time, 100 hours on standby
- Adaptor Input: 100 - 240V/50 - 60Hz/0.15A
- Adaptor Output: 6V DC/450mA
- Batteries: AAA NiMh batteries - 1.2V
User Instruction Manual
Click the PDF link below to view the user manual for the Swissvoice Xtra.
|User Manual |