Swissvoice Xtra 2155 Amplified Cordless Telephone with Photo Buttons
For those with deficits to hearing, vision or memory, using a standard phone and remembering important contact numbers can be a constant struggle. The Swissvoice Xtra 2155 Amplified Cordless Telephone with Photo Buttons has been designed for these users, as it is equipped with an answering machine, extra-loud ringer and earpiece, and features four convenient photo buttons that can be set to your most important contacts.
- 1 x Swissvoice Xtra 2155 Cordless Handset
- 1 x Swissvoice Xtra 2155 Base Unit with Photo Buttons
- 1 x Mains Power Adaptor
- 1 x Telephone Line Cord
- 3 x AAA Batteries
- 4 x Spare Transparent Photo Covers
- 1 x User Manual
How Loud is the Swissvoice Xtra 2155?
The 2155 Amplified Cordless Telephone features an extra-loud ringer that can be adjusted up to 90dB (louder than a freight train at 15 metres away), and an audio-boost key that offers super-loud earpiece volume of 30dB (over 4x louder than a standard phone). These loud volumes, along with hearing aid compatibility, make the Xtra 2155 Amplified Telephone an ideal choice for the hearing impaired.
How Easy To Use Is the Swissvoice Xtra 2155 Phone?
The Xtra 2155 is designed to be exceptionally easy to install and use. It features a large key keypad that prevents dialling mistakes, a large backlit display for easy readability, and large backlit incoming call indicators on both the handset and the base that light up when the phone rings.
Does the Xtra 2155 Have an Answering Machine?
Yes, the Swissvoice Xtra 2155 Telephone is supplied as standard with an answering machine that features 30 minutes of recording time, as well as a slow-play message function. This allows you to re-play your messages at a speed that works best for you, ensuring you never miss an important phone call.
Answering machine features a helpful slow play message function
Four Photo Memories on Base
The four empty slots on the base can be fitted with pictures of those closest to you. This way, you can reach them in the easiest way, without having to worry about remembering important phone numbers. The photo memories are equipped with vocal VIP ringers, which means the telephone alternates ringer and the recorded name, allowing you to instantly call your loved ones without confusion.
How Do I Add Photos to the Photo Buttons?
To add a photo to the photo buttons, simply print out the photos of your loved ones in a small 3 x 2cm size. After that, simply place the photo into one of the supplied transparent photo covers, and snap onto the desired buttons. Simple instructions for setting each photo button's number can be found in the User Instruction Manual near the bottom of this page.
What Is the Range of the Handset?
The Swissvoice Xtra 2155 uses a wireless DECT connection, allowing it to achieve high levels of clarity away from the phone base. The range of the cordless handset depends on the surrounding conditions, and is usually up to 50 metres away from the base when used in a typical indoor environment.
Is The Xtra 2155 Compatible with Hearing Aids?
This amplified telephone has been created specifically for people with hearing difficulties, which is why it can easily be used in conjunction with your hearing aid. This is an ideal solution to ensure every word can be heard in a conversation, even for individuals with severe hearing loss.
Which Accessories Are Compatible?
A number of accessories are available to help you expand your system and make it easier to use, all of which are simple to connect in minutes. These accessories can be added to your order using the tick boxes near the top of this page. You can connect up to three of the following accessories:
- Additional Cordless Handset: This is another handset to be added to your system, identical to the cordless handset supplied
- Additional Photo Button Handset: This is a simplified handset equipped with four large photo buttons. This handset is ideal for those with memory deficits or dementia
- Xtra 8155 Doorbell: This is a two-way audio doorbell, allowing you to speak to visitors at your door through your corded phone or handset.
Are Any Other Accessories Available?
Separate to the accessories above, up to 30 additional Xtra Ringer 8155 devices can be connected to your phone. These provide a loud alert to inform you that your phone is ringing, and are equipped with a bright LED light to make identification easy for the visually impaired. These are ideal for placement around the home so that you won't miss a call, even if you aren't close to a handset.
Is a Corded Version Available?
Yes, this same system is available with a corded and cordless phone combination, which may be easier for those more accustomed to a traditional corded phone. This can be purchased as the Swissvoice Xtra 3155 Amplified Corded Phone with Extra Handset.
Key Features of the Xtra 2155 Amplified Cordless Telephone
- Designed for people looking for comfort and ease of use
- Ideal for the hearing and visually impaired with loud volumes and bright display
- Photo buttons and accessibility features make the phone suitable for those with memory loss
- Strong ringtone can be set to an exceptionally loud volume of 90dB
- Audio-boost key offers extra-loud earpiece volume of 30dB (4x louder than a standard phone)
- Adjustable handset and base volume with six levels
- Four photo memories equipped with vocal VIP ringers
- Loud and clear handsfree function for use during tasks
- Large keypad features talking digits to avoid dialling mistake
- Backlit display optimises the readability of names and numbers
- Answering machine features 30 minutes of recording time
- Hearing aid compatible to suit the hearing impaired
- Cordless telephone can be equipped with three additional handsets (not included)
- A range of accessories are available to expand the system's usability
360° View of the Swissvoice Xtra
View the video below for a full 360° view of the Swissvoice Xtra 2155 Cordless Telephone.
User Instruction Manual
Click the PDF link below to view the user manual for the Swissvoice Xtra.
|User Manual |