Swissvoice S28 Amplified Clamshell Mobile Phone with LED Indicators (Black)
For the hard of hearing or anyone fed up with complex smartphones, keeping in touch via mobile can be a pain. The Swissvoice S28 Amplified Clamshell Mobile Phone with LED Indicators is the ideal solution, as it features extra-loud earpiece and ringer volumes, a simple flip phone design, and a range of safety and accessibility features to make keeping in touch as easy and stress-free as possible.
Click here to view this same mobile phone in a white colour.
- 1 x Swissvoice mobile phone with battery
- 1 x Charging base
- 1 x USB charging cable with UK wall adaptor
- 1 x Headset
- 1 x User instruction manual
- Receiver Volume: Up to 35dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- SOS emergency function
- SIM card NOT included
- Camera included
How Simple Is the Swissvoice S28 Flip Phone?
The Swissvoice S28 Clamshell Mobile Phone was designed as an approachable alternative to standard smartphones. This means it will let you do anything a smartphone would, but with a simplified menu and large, bright icons (messages, phone book, camera, and more). It also includes talk-back numbers, and a 10-photo speed dial feature that allows you to call your favourite contacts at the press of a button.
How Loud Is the Swissvoice S28 Amplified Clamshell Mobile Phone?
The extra-loud ringing volume of this mobile phone is 90dB, which is much louder than a standard ringer, helping to ensure you'll never miss a call again. The ringer will also increase in volume if the same caller calls after a missed call to provide an extra sound boost when needed. To make sure you hear every word, the earpiece is adjustable up to 35dB, which is roughly 6x the volume of a standard mobile phone!
Is This Mobile Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, this mobile phone was designed as a fully accessible mobile phone, and is fully MT/T4 hearing aid compatible for easy use in conjunction with your hearing aid. This way you can enjoy the benefits of a simple mobile while being confident you will be able to hear all of your phone conversations clearly.
How Do I Make or Receive a Phone Call?
Making and receiving phone calls with the S28 Mobile Phone is even easier than operating a standard cordless phone. To make a phone call, all you need to do is enter the phone number, press a green button to dial, then press the red button to end the call.
Receiving a phone call is even easier, as flipping the phone open will automatically accept the call. If the phone is already open, the user will need to press the green button to answer the call.
What Are LED Indicators?
The Swissvoice S28 Phone is equipped with a large, 2.8-inch colour display and large external indicator light. The LED lights show battery status, missed calls and incoming messages, making the S28 even more straightforward to use. The LED lights will illuminate brightly in the event of an incoming call or message, providing assistance to the hard of hearing who often miss calls.
External indicator lights offer a quick overview of your phone.
How Easy Is Setup?
Setting up the Swissvoice S28 doesn't involve much. All you need to do is install the SIM card, memory card and battery, and then charge your phone for the first time. Before first use, it's important to add your phone book contacts and photos of your closest contacts, set up smart notifications, and smart care. You can see step-by-step instructions on setting up your mobile in the User Instruction Manual below.
What Safety Features Are Included?
The Swissvoice S28 is not only practical for the user, but ensures peace of mind for family members or carers as well. Safety features include:
- SOS Button: Located on the back of the phone to send pre-recorded voice and text messages to up to five contacts
- Intelligent Ring Volume: Volume of the ringer will increase if multiple calls from the same caller go unanswered
- Smart Notifications: A text message is sent to a pre-set "helper" contact in case of low battery, missed calls, or lack of activity (key use, charging detection)
SOS button can be easily accessed on the back of the phone (white version shown here)
How Do I Charge the Swissvoice S28 Mobile Phone?
The S28 Clamshell Mobile comes with a convenient charging stand, which makes charging the phone easier than you might imagine. To charge your mobile, all you need to do is place it in the cradle. Alternatively, you can connect the USB plug of the adaptor to the charging socket, as you would with a standard mobile phone.
Leaving your phone in the cradle will automatically charge it (white version shown here)
Does the Mobile Have a Torch?
Yes, this mobile phone features a bright torch, making it a handy tool for any user. The torch can be accessed via the dedicated button on the keypad, allowing for one-touch use.
Does the S28 Flip Phone Have a Camera?
Yes, this phone includes a 2.0 Megapixel camera. If you're in need of a more powerful phone camera, we recommend a senior smartphone such as the Swissvoice C50s, which features multiple cameras including an extra-strong rear camera.
What Other Accessible Mobiles Are Available?
If this mobile phone isn't ideally suited to your needs, you may prefer some similar versions that we have available:
- Swissvoice B24 Big Button Mobile Phone: Similar to the phone seen on this page, but in a bar-phone design with larger buttons
- Swissvoice C50s Amplified Mobile with Smart Base: Accessible care phone with simplified smartphone capabilities
What Type of SIM Card Does the Clamshell Mobile Phone Require?
The Clamshell Mobile Phone requires a standard sized 2G network SIM card to operate. These are considered an older generation of SIM card, so you may need to ask a SIM provider to supply you with one.
User Instruction Manual
While a full physical version of the user manual is supplied in the box with your mobile phone, you can find a digital version of the instructions by clicking the link below:
- Simple flip phone with external indicator LED lights to inform you of incoming calls and messages
- Features a simplified menu with large, comfortable keys
- Extra loud handset volume with boost function up to 35dB (roughly 6x louder than a standard phone)
- Eight adjustable ringers with seven levels, up to a booming 90dB volume
- Vibrating alert option for incoming calls
- Smart notifications option for family members
- Includes an SOS button for emergencies
- Ten-photo speed dial for favourite contacts
- Easy camera button with powerful 2.0MP camera
- Directory holds up to 300 records
- Fully hearing aid compatible
- Also available in a white colour
- Talk Time: Up to 5 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 7 days
- Screen Dimensions: 240 x 320 pixels
- SD Card Support: Up to 32GB
- Headset Connection: 3.5mm jack
- Micro USB Connection
- Nano SIM Support
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Display Languages: