Swissvoice S24 Flip Phone Mobile Phone for the Elderly (Black)
Keeping in touch with loved ones has never been more important, but modern mobile phones can be overly complicated, providing a barrier to communication for some users. The Swissvoice S24 Flip Phone Mobile Phone for the Elderly (Black) is designed to make phone calls as easy as possible for elderly or disabled users, and is packed with features to provide peace of mind that the user is safe and responsive.
Click here to view the white version of this mobile phone.
- 1 x Swissvoice mobile phone with battery
- 1 x Charging base
- 1 x USB charging cable with UK wall adaptor
- 1 x Headset
- 1 x User instruction manual
How Easy to Use Is the Swissvoice S24 Senior Mobile Phone?
The S24 Mobile Phone is designed to make staying in touch as easy as possible for those who may find a modern smartphone overly complicated or difficult to use. The 2.4-inch colour screen displays important messages in high-contrast clarity, while the big buttons and simple interface make dialling and receiving calls as easy as can be. The familiar flip phone design is great for elderly users, as they simply have to open the phone to answer a call.
Can Anyone Use the Swissvoice S24?
This simplified design requires very little previous experience with technology, and is easy to grasp on first use. The S24 also includes an extra-loud ringer that will get louder if multiple calls go unanswered, making this an excellent mobile for elderly or disabled users.
The straightforward design prevents any confusion (White version shown here)
How Does the Swissvoice S24 Enhance Safety?
The Swissvoice S24 is not only practical for the user, but ensures peace of mind for family members or carers as well. Safety features include:
- SOS Button: Located on the back of the phone to send pre-recorded voice and text messages to up to five contacts
- Intelligent Ring Volume: Volume of the ringer will increase if multiple calls from the same caller go unanswered
- Smart Notifications: A text message is sent to a pre-set "helper" contact in case of low battery, missed calls, or lack of activity (key use, charging detection)
Is This Phone Suitable for the Hearing Impaired?
Yes, this phone is designed to be accessible to the hearing impaired, as it includes a visual ring indicator, hearing aid compatibility and a loud ringer that will scale in volume as calls are missed. These features combine to help the hard of hearing make and receive phone calls, remedying many of the problems with standard mobiles and smartphones.
What Does the SOS Button Do?
The SOS button can be used to send pre-recorded text and voice messages to up to five people of your choice. This is a very discreet addition to the phone that can be crucial in case of emergency.
SOS button can be useful in case of emergency (White version shown here)
How Easy Is Setup?
Setting up the Swissvoice S24 doesn't involve much. All you need to do is install the SIM card, memory card and battery, and then charge your phone for the first time. Before first use, it's important to add your phone book contacts and photos of your closest contacts, set up smart notifications, and smart care. You can see step-by-step instructions on setting up your mobile in the User Instruction Manual below.
Is the Swissvoice Flip Phone for Seniors Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, this mobile phone was designed as a more accessible alternative to a typical smartphone, and is fully MT/T4 hearing aid compatible for easy use in conjunction with your hearing aid. This way you can enjoy the benefits of a simple mobile while being confident you will be able to hear all of your phone conversations clearly.
How Do I Make or Receive a Phone Call?
Making and receiving phone calls with the S24 Mobile Phone is even easier than operating a standard cordless phone. To make a phone call, all you need to do is enter the phone number, press a green button to dial, then press the red button to end the call.
Receiving a phone call is even easier, as flipping the phone open will automatically accept the call. If the phone is already open, the user will need to press the green button to answer the call.
Flipping the phone open will answer the call (White version shown here)
What Other Accessible Mobiles Are Available?
If this mobile phone isn't ideally suited to your needs, you may prefer some similar versions that we have available:
- Swissvoice B24 Big Button Mobile Phone: Similar to the S24 seen on this page, but in a bar-phone design with larger buttons
- Swissvoice C50s Amplified Mobile with Smart Base: Accessible care phone with simplified smartphone capabilities
Does the Mobile Have a Torch?
Yes, this mobile phone features a bright torch, making it a handy tool for any user. The torch can be accessed via the dedicated button on the keypad, allowing for one-touch use.
Does the S24 Flip Phone Have a Camera?
Yes, this phone includes a 0.3 Megapixel camera. If you're in need of a more powerful phone camera, we recommend a senior smartphone such as the Swissvoice C50s, which features a much stronger camera.
How Do I Charge the S24 Clamshell Mobile Phone?
The S24 Clamshell Mobile comes with a convenient charging stand, which makes charging the phone easier than you might imagine. To charge your mobile, all you need to do is place it in the cradle. Alternatively, you can connect the USB plug of the adaptor to the charging socket, as you would with a standard mobile phone.
Charging Swissvoice S24 is easier than you think
Does This Mobile Require a SIM Card to Work?
Yes, the SIM card is required, while the memory card is completely optional, and you don't need to install it unless you want to expand the internal storage memory. The SIM card is not included with this purchase, and you can easily insert your current SIM card to keep your phone number.
User Instruction Manual
While a full physical version of the user manual is supplied in the box with your mobile phone, you can find a digital version of the instructions by clicking the link below:
Key Features of the Swissvoice S24 Flip Phone
- Accessible flip phone with indicator light and loud ringer
- Features a simplified menu with large, comfortable keys
- Easy charging thanks to the included charging stand
- Five adjustable ringers with seven levels
- Volume of ringer increases upon multiple missed calls
- Smart notifications option for family members
- Ten-photo speed dials for favourite contacts
- Vibrating alert option for incoming calls
- SOS button for peace of mind
- Dedicated torch button on keypad
- Easy camera button with 0.3MP camera
- Directory holds up to 100 contacts
- Hearing aid compatible
- Also available in a white colour
- Network: 2G network
- Quad-Band GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Nano SIM Support
- Micro USB Connection
- Talk Time: Up to 5 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 7 days
- Micro-SD Card Support: Up to 32GB
- Screen Dimensions: 240 x 320 pixels
- Headset Connection: 3.5mm jack
- Battery: 800mAh Li-Ion 3.7V
- Dimensions (closed): 104 x 52.5 x 18mm
- Display Languages: