Swissvoice D28 Amplified Dual-Display Clamshell Mobile Phone (Black)
For the elderly, hard of hearing or anyone unfamiliar with modern smartphones, keeping in touch with loved ones can be difficult and even frustrating. The Swissvoice D28 Amplified Dual-Display Clamshell Mobile Phone (Black) is designed as the ideal solution for these users, as it features extra-loud ringing and earpiece volumes, two high-contrast screens and a range of safety features to keep you connected with peace of mind.
- 1 x Swissvoice mobile phone with battery
- 1 x Charging base
- 1 x USB charging cable with UK wall adaptor
- 1 x Headset
- 1 x User instruction manual
How Simple Is the D28 Amplified Mobile Phone?
The Swissvoice D28 Amplified Phone was created to combine the functionalities of a modern smartphone with the intuitive ease of use of a classic flip phone. It features a simplified menu, as well as large, comfortable keys, talk-back numbers, and a 10-photo speed dial feature that allows you to call your favourite contacts at the press of a button. The second display will always display important information on the outside of the phone, making it easy to keep track of what's going on without even opening the mobile.
How Loud is the D28 Simple Clamshell Mobile?
The extra-loud ringing volume of this mobile phone is 90dB, which is much louder than a standard ringer, helping to ensure you'll never miss a call again. The ringer will also increase in volume if the same caller calls again after a missed call to provide an extra sound boost when needed. To make sure you hear every word, the earpiece is adjustable up to 35dB, which is roughly 6x the volume of a standard mobile phone!
See the D28 For Yourself!
Watch the video below for a short overview of the Swissvoice D28 Flip Phone.
What Does Dual-Display Mean?
The Swissvoice D28 is equipped with two displays: a large 2.8 inch high-resolution colour display on the inside, and an always-on (e-ink) display on the outside. The outside display shows the time, the caller name or number, and messages waiting, as well as other informative icons (full or low battery, charging or alarm). The e-ink display on the outer screen allows the phone to constantly show information without taking up any battery!
The outer display offers basic information at a glance
Is This Mobile Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, this mobile phone was designed as a fully accessible mobile phone, and is fully MT/T4 hearing aid compatible for easy use in conjunction with your hearing aid. This way you can enjoy the benefits of a simple mobile while being confident you will be able to hear all of your phone conversations clearly.
How Is This Phone Different from Standard Mobile Phones?
The Swissvoice D28 Amplified Dual-Display Clamshell Mobile Phone has all the functionalities of a standard mobile phone, with additional features that make it more straightforward for the user, and highly practical for family members or carers as well. For example, the phone rings louder when the same caller tries again immediately, and a text message is sent out to your close contacts if the battery is low, if several calls go unanswered, or if there is no activity on the mobile.
What Safety Features Are Included?
As mentioned above, this mobile phone is not only practical for the user, but ensures peace of mind for family members or carers as well. Safety features include:
- SOS Button: Located on the back of the phone to send pre-recorded voice and text messages to up to five contacts
- Intelligent Ring Volume: Volume of the ringer will increase if multiple calls from the same caller go unanswered
- Smart Notifications: A text message is sent to a pre-set "helper" contact in case of low battery, missed calls, or lack of activity (key use, charging detection)
SOS button can be valuable in case of emergency (white version shown here)
How Do I Make or Receive a Phone Call?
Making and receiving phone calls with the D28 Mobile Phone is even easier than operating a standard cordless phone. To make a phone call, all you need to do is enter the phone number, press a green button to dial, then press the red button to end the call.
Receiving a phone call is even easier, as flipping the phone open will automatically accept the call. If the phone is already open, the user will need to press the green button to answer the call.
Is This Amplified Mobile Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
The Swissvoice D28 Amplified Dual-Display Phone is not only perfect for the elderly, but for the hard of hearing as well. This is why it can easily be used with your hearing aid for extra reliability during phone conversations.
How Easy Is Setup?
Setting up the Swissvoice D28 doesn't involve much. All you need to do is install the SIM card, memory card and battery, and then charge your phone for the first time. Before first use, it's important to add your phone book contacts and photos of your closest contacts, set up smart notifications, and smart care. You can see step-by-step instructions on setting up your mobile in the User Instruction Manual below.
How Do I Charge the D28 Amplified Dual-Display Phone?
With the convenient charging stand, charging your Swissvoice D28 is easier than you might imagine. To charge the phone, simple place it in the cradle, and an icon will display on the outer screen to let you know it's working. Alternatively, you can connect the USB plug of the adaptor to the charging socket, as you would with any other mobile phone.
Leaving your phone in the cradle will automatically charge it (white version shown here)
Does the Mobile Have a Torch?
Yes, this mobile phone features a bright torch, making it a handy tool for any user. The torch can be accessed via the dedicated button on the keypad, allowing for one-touch use.
Does the S28 Flip Phone Have a Camera?
Yes, this phone includes a 2.0 Megapixel camera. If you're in need of a more powerful phone camera, we recommend a senior smartphone such as the Swissvoice C50s, which features multiple cameras including an extra-strong rear camera.
What Other Accessible Mobiles Are Available?
If this mobile phone isn't ideally suited to your needs, you may prefer some similar versions that we have available:
- Swissvoice B24 Big Button Mobile Phone: Similar to the phone seen on this page, but in a bar-phone design with larger buttons
- Swissvoice C50s Amplified Mobile with Smart Base: Accessible care phone with simplified smartphone capabilities
User Instruction Manual
While a full physical version of the user manual is supplied in the box with your mobile phone, you can find a digital version of the instructions by clicking the link below:
Key Features of the Swissvoice D28
- Simple mobile phone for the elderly or those unfamiliar with smartphones
- Dual screens display important information without the need to open the phone
- Simplified menu with large, comfortable keys for easy dialling
- Extra-loud handset volume with boost function up to 35dB
- Eight adjustable ringers with seven levels, up to 90dB
- Vibrating alert option for incoming calls
- Smart notifications for relatives
- SOS button for emergencies
- Ten-photo speed dial for favourite contacts
- Easy camera button with 2.0MP camera
- Directory holds up to 300 records
- Hearing aid compatible
- Also available in a white colour
- Talk Time: Up to 5 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 7 days
- Inside Display Dimensions: 320 x 240 pixels
- Outside Display Dimensions: 200 x 200 pixels
- SD Card Support: Up to 32GB
- Headset Connection: 3.5mm jack
- Micro USB connection
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Display Languages: