Geemarc CL555 Amplified Big Button Telephone with Answering Machine
The Geemarc CL555 Amplified Big Button Telephone with Answering Machine is a fantastic phone for the hard of hearing with vision impairment. The receiving volume is five times louder than a standard telephone, ensuring easy conversations, while the large buttons make it easy to always dial the right number.
- Receiver Volume: Up to 50dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 80dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Power cord
- Caller ID
What's Included with This Purchase?
The package includes the following items:
- 1 x CL555 unit
- 1 x CL555 handset with curly cord
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x Mains power adaptor
- 1 x User guide
How Loud Is This Amplified Telephone?
The 50dB receiver volume on the CL555 makes incoming calls over five times louder than a standard telephone – ideal for individuals with mild to considerable hearing loss. The 50dB amplification can be adjusted through four levels, so you can find the volume that's right for you.
What's more, the CL555 also features a amplified ringer of up to 80dB from a metre away, helping to ensure that you hear the phone ringing every time. Additionally, the CL555 features speaking caller ID, ideal for identifying callers for users with impaired vision.
Is the CL555 Amplified Telephone Hearing Aid Compatible?
To maximise hearing help, the CL555 is fully hearing aid compatible. Simply set your hearing aid to the T position and phone calls should come through much clearer and easier to hear.
Does It Include an Answering Machine?
The answering machine on the Geemarc CL555 Amplified Big Button Telephone With Answering Machine is built-in, meaning you don't have to mess around with extra wires or tapes. It allows you to:
- Listen to messages through the handset rather than out the speaker for better comfort and clarity
- Store up to 30 minutes of voice messages, and chose to delete them one at a time or all at once
- Check your messages even when you're not at home with a Personal Pin Number
How Is the CL555 Amplified Big Button Telephone Powered?
You can use the CL555 Amplified Telephone to make and receive calls even if it's not plugged into electricity. For all other feature, such as the LCD display and backlight, however, the phone needs to be plugged into the mains. The power adaptor is included with this purchase.
How Do I Set Up the CL555 Amplified Telephone?
Installing the CL555 is an easy task:
- To set it up, connect one end of the curly cord to the handset, and the other end of the curly cord into the jack on the left hand side of the CL555 unit. Place the handset on the cradle.
- Connect the line cord to the socket located at the rear of the telephone, then connect the plug into the wall socket. For the LCD display, backlight and other special features, the phone needs to be plugged into electricity. Connect the power adaptor to the jack located at the rear of the telephone, then plug the other end into a 13 AMP wall socket.
For more information on the CL555 Amplified Telephone, please view the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
How Easy to Use Is This Amplified Telephone?
The large LCD screen on the Geemarc CL555 Amplified Big Button Telephone With Answering Machine shows phone numbers clearly, enabling you to more easily see what you're doing with the phone. What's more, the easy-to-use menu system makes actually using this phone for the hard of hearing easier still.
The large keypad and high-contrast design of the CL555 makes it even easier to use, as buttons are easier to press and it's easier to see what you're pressing. This makes it an ideal phone for hard of hearing individuals who also have vision difficulties.
Is This Phone Suitable for Emergencies?
The CL555 also features a 30-number phonebook built-in to help keep important numbers safely stored. For the most important numbers, the CL555 features three emergency memories and six one-touch memories, so you can call the important people in an emergency, or just call the people most important to you.
Personalise Your Phone
There's also a huge amount of personalisation available with the CL555:
- Ten ringer melodies to choose from
- Record your own personal greeting for callers to hear
- Adjustable answering machine response for those who take longer to get the to phone and wish to postpone the answering machine taking the call
Features of the Geemarc CL555 Amplified Big Button Telephone
- Adjustable receiving volume of up to 50dB
- Wall-mountable for more economical use of living space
- Speaker phone for group phone conversations
- Three emergency number memories
- Five number redial for fast number recall
- Phonebook memory: 30 names and numbers
- Answer machine memory: 30 minutes
- Power supply by DC adaptor (supplied)
- Five language options: English, German, French, Italian and Dutch