Emporia Smart S5 Simple Smartphone for the Elderly
Standard smartphone designs can be difficult to use for the elderly, and a simplified interface can go a long way to helping them stay in touch without hassle. The Emporia Smart S5 Simple Smartphone for the Elderly is designed to provide all of the convenience of a modern smartphone with none of the hassle, as it features a simple interface and a unique Smartcase, which limits the phone to four buttons for key functions when closed.
- 1 x Emporia Smart S5 Mobile Phone (with Li-ion battery)
- 1 x Smartcover
- 2 x Battery covers (one without SOS button)
- 1 x Micro USB-C Cable
- 1 x Training book (with extra user guide)
- 1 x Desktop charger
- 1 x Headset
How Easy Is the Emporia S5 to Use?
The Emporia Smart S5 is designed to be the perfect entry point for new smartphone users, as it will walk you through every step of using your phone until it feels like second nature. With simplified operations and a helpful handbook to guide you through, this smartphone has been made with feedback from customers to make it the easiest and most stress-free phone around.
Unique Smartcase for Simplicity
The Smartcase is what really elevates this mobile over other smartphones, as when open, the S5 performs as a normal smartphone with a simplified interface, but when closed, the Smartcase displays four key functions for maximum simplicity. The keys respond only to fingers to eliminate accidental activation, and can be adapted to show favourite functions or even important contacts with photo buttons. The Smartcase provides the best of both worlds, making the S5 a full-functioning smartphone that can be used as a super-simple mobile when needed.
When closed, the Smartcase provides only the most important functions on four easy buttons
What Can I Do with the Smartcase Closed?
For most of your key functions, you won't have to deal with anything but the four buttons on the Smartcase if you don't want to. With the Smartcase closed, you can easily:
- Make and Receive Calls: Answering and hang-up buttons can be displayed, as well as your favourite contacts
- Use Favourite Functions: Taking pictures, activating the torch and more can all be done with the Smartcase buttons
- Use Whatever You'd Like: You can adapt these buttons in any way you'd like, allowing you to control your music, or use most of your favourite apps
Will I Be Able to Hear This Phone?
The Emporia S5 Mobile Phone is designed to be easy to hear for everyone, with an earpiece that's louder than a standard phone. The Emporia Smart 5 also features full M4/T4 hearing aid compatibility, ensuring you can pipe the sound directly into your hearing aid so you never miss a word on a call. It also features an incredibly-loud speaker for hands-free calling or listening to music, clocking in at a booming 99.4dB!
Is the Screen Easy to Read?
Mobile phones are also notorious for dull screen and tiny text, which is another aspect that puts the Emporia S5 head and shoulders above the competition. It features a large 5.5" (14cm) screen with high-contrast colours, and is set as standard with extra-large text. The phone also features large, clearly labelled icons on the screen, ensuring you always know what to press, and where to go.
Does the Emporia S5 Have a Good Camera?
Yes, this phone is actually outfitted with four high-quality camera lenses: three at the rear and one front-facing camera for selfies. At the rear is a super-crisp 13 Megapixel camera for clear, vibrant shots, as well as two extra cameras for macros, night shots and portraits. The front-facing selfie camera takes pictures with 8 Megapixel detail, which is more than enough for detailed selfies.
Can This Phone Help Me in Emergencies?
The back of this phone features the Emporia emergency button to provide peace of mind, which will call your favourite contacts in the event of an emergency. If you don't need this function, the phone also includes a second battery cover without an SOS button. When pressed, the SOS button will:
- Call up to five pre-set contacts until someone answers
- Automatically put your phone in loudspeaker mode (an alarm will sound to alert anyone nearby to assist)
- A pre-prepared emergency text will be sent to an emergency number
- If you have GPS enabled by your service provider, GPS details will be sent with each call
Is This Phone Waterproof?
While we don't recommend taking your phone with you to the bottom of the pool, it is built with IP54-rated splash resistance, meaning you don't have to worry if it gets wet.
Does the Emporia S5 Smartphone Have a Torch?
Yes, as is the standard for most modern mobile phones, a bright torch is included at the rear. This is great for any time you find yourself in a dark situation, and also provides a nice flash for low-light pictures.
What Other Features Does This Phone Have?
Despite its simple interface, this phone is packed with features, and you can expect most features available on a modern mobile phone to be present. Between the calendar, GPS, phonebook, Bluetooth-compatibility and range of other features, this phone can help you in all sorts of aspects of your life. Browse the 'Key Features and Benefits' section below for some more of the features this phone includes.
How Fast is This Smartphone?
With a 1.8Hz Octa Core processor speed, this phone will switch between tasks and complete everything instantly with snappy speed. It's also able to connect to the fastest 4G networks, allowing you to browse the internet quickly and efficiently.
What Kind of SIM Card Does This Mobile Use?
This phone is designed to use a Micro SIM, which is the standard SIM card used with most mobile phones. Simply insert the Micro SIM provided by your mobile service provider and you should be ready to go.
Which Networks Will This Phone Work With?
The Emporia Smartphone for Seniors is supplied unlocked, meaning that it will work with SIM cards from all major UK mobile networks.
Key Features and Benefits
- Mobile smartphone designed for simplicity and ease of use
- Ideal mobile phone for the elderly, seniors or first-time smartphone users
- Unique Smartcase simplifies phone to four buttons and allows key functions to be used while closed
- Designed to be suitable for the visually and hearing impaired
- Features an extra-loud speaker that can be adjusted up to a booming 99.4 decibels!
- Hearing aid compatibility makes the phone ideal for the hard of hearing
- Large screen with big icons and text for the visually impaired
- Emporia SOS button alerts your top contact in emergency situations
- Includes detailed training book designed to get first-time users up and running
- Additional features include:
- Phone book (up to 1000 entries)
- Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility
- Desktop charger
- And more!
Learn More About the Emporia S5 Smartphone
Find out more about the Emporia S5 Amplified Mobile Phone by watching the video below.
- 4G/FDD LTE (MHz): 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600
- 3G/WCDMA (MHz): 850/900/1900/2100
- 2G/GSM (MHz): 850/900/1800/1900
- WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/AC
- Network speed: 4G
- Rear camera: 13 Megapixel
- Front-facing camera: 8 Megapixel
- Screen size: 5.5" (14cm)
- Battery: 3550mAh
- Display: IPS/Incell / HD + 720 x 1440 pixel
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- Processor speed: 1.8GHz Octa Core CPU
- RAM: 3GB
- Onboard storage: 32GB (expandable to 256GB with Micro SD)
- SIM card type: Micro SIM, One SIM slot
- OS: Android 10
- Charging cable: Micro USB-C
- Status: Unlocked