Emporia GD61 Large Button Cordless Phone for Seniors
The crystal clear voice quality of the Emporia GD61 Large Button Cordless Phone for Seniors and the 25dB amplification will take all the hassle out of staying in touch with friends and family. The large, high-contrast keys are ideal for anyone with limited vision or dexterity, and the simple GAP setup means this phone can accommodate up to four additional handsets with minimal set up.
- Highly adjustable ringer volume up to 80dB
- Highly adjustable receiver amplification up to 25dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Caller ID shown
- 1 x Emporia GD61 Large Button Cordless Phone for Seniors
- 1 x Charging cradle
- 1 x Standard telephone line cable
- 1 x Mains power cable
- 2 x Rechargeable batteries
- 1 x User guide
How Loud Is the Emporia GD61?
The Emporia GD61 amplified telephone is a perfect choice of phone for anyone who is hard of hearing. The receiver volume can be increased up to 25dB through a boost button and adjustable volume control which helps improve the clarity and quality of telephone conversations. The ringing volume is adjustable from a normal volume up to an impressive 80dB, which will be loud enough for the vast majority of users.
How Easy Is this Phone to Read?
The large, high-contrast keys and the brightly illuminated LCD display make this phone an ideal choice for anyone with limited vision. The caller ID shows the caller's number and name on a brightly lit screen to make reading it as easy as possible.
How Easy Is it to Add Additional Phones from the GD61 Range?
Thanks to the intelligent design of GAP technology, all phones in the GD61 range are incredibly easy to link together. A total of 4 additional handsets can be linked together in one network and the setup is quick, simple and easy.
What Are the Other Products in the Emporia GD61 Range?
Three other products are part of the GD61 range, and all these phones are compatible with each other through GAP technology and allow you to create a phone network with up to 4 additional handsets:
- The Emporia GD61AB Cordless Phone and Answering Machine is similar to the GD61, however it also includes a digital answering machine with up to 60 minutes of recorded message time.
- The Emporia GD61ABB Amplified Corded Phone and Additional Cordless Handset is an old-school corded house phone with extremely large buttons and an additional cordless handset sold together as a bundle to offer fantastic value for money.
- The Emporia GD61AH Additional Handset is an extra handset that can be connected to any of the GD61 range for added convenience. This is ideal for people with limited mobility as it allows you to have a phone in multiple rooms.
Is This Phone Suitable for Those Experiencing Memory Loss?
The combination of the clear LCD screen with caller ID and the phonebook can assist those with memory loss by showing exactly who is calling. You can name the contacts whatever you want, which can be handy when you're trying to make it as clear as possible to the user who is calling.
How Easy is the Emporia GD61 Phone for Seniors to Use?
The Emporia GD61 is designed to be as easy to set up and use as possible. Simply plug the phone into your telephone socket and the phone will do the rest. The large buttons, clear sound and ease of set-up makes this phone as simple and user-friendly as any on the market.
What Other Features Does This Phone Have?
- Hands-free feature, simple to use and easy to activate
- Easy to navigate menus make it simple to browse the caller list or call someone back
- Phone book with up to 50 memory slots
- Redial function lets you call the same number again as easily as possible
- Optional keypad lock and a 4-digit PIN code for added security if you want it
- Multilingual menus that are available in 16 different languages
- Ten different ringtones to choose from
- Battery levels are clearly indicated on the display
- If the battery is running out it will emit a clearly audible warning to alert you
- NiMH batteries: 400 mAh
- Standby battery time: Up to 100 hours
- Continuous operation battery time: Up to 10 hours
- Hands free mode battery time: Up to 2 hours
- Inside building range: Up to 50 metres
- Outdoors range: Up to 300 metres
- Dimensions: 18 x 5.3 x 3cm
- Weight: 112g