Emporia Active 4G Mobile Flip Phone for Seniors
Simple, stripped backed mobile phones are great for elderly people, but they're pointless if they can't reach their loved ones. The Emporia Active 4G Mobile Flip Phone for Seniors features a streamlined, easy to use build, extra large screen and light-up buttons, while also having 4G internet, which is great for WhatsApp or other communication apps. This Emporia phone is also great for senior safety, with an emergency button on the back, meaning that help is only ever a single button press away.
- 1 x Emporia Active 4G Flip Phone for Seniors
- 1 x Additional phone back without the emergency button
- 1 x USB-C cable with a mains adaptor
- 1 x Charging cradle to hold the phone while it charges
- 1 x Lithium-ion 3.8V / 1150 mAh
- 1 x Set of User Instructions
- Hearing aid compatible: Yes
- Phone book: Up to 1000 entries
- Caller ID: Yes
- Camera: 3 Megapixel back camera
- Answering machine: Dependent on plan from mobile provider
What Makes This Phone Easy to Use?
This phone is designed for seniors and those who have trouble with more complicated phones. The following features help make it easy to use:
- Extra-large, illuminated buttons with excellent pressure points
- A large screen that's easy to read
- Text size is adjustable and can be tailored to suit your level of visual acuity
- Two phone backs, one with and one without the emergency button function
- Fully compatible with hearing aids up to and including the M4/T4 (the highest specification of hearing aid)
- Two quick dial buttons that are clearly labelled
- The camera is activated using a designated button with a camera image on for simplicity
How Easy Is it to Hear This Phone?
Emporia phones are designed to be accessible for people with limited hearing, they feature an adjustable volume that goes very loud, allowing for clear communication. The Emporia Active 4G is also compatible with hearing aids, up to and including the M4/T4 specification, which is the highest specification of hearing aid. The adjustable volume also means that if you're not hard of hearing, you can choose to turn the phone down enough that you don't subsequently become hard of hearing.
How Easy Is it to Read This Phone?
With a 2.2" screen and adjustable text size this phone is easy to read for people with limited vision. The illuminated buttons featured on the Emporia Active make it easy to see what you're typing while using this phone, making it easier to select menu options or send texts.
How Does the Emergency Button Feature Work?
The heart shaped Emporia emergency button is located at the back of the phone and has a fivefold set of safety features that help give you and your loved ones peace of mind. It's easy to use and has been designed by experts to pre-empt the type of situation it may need to be used in.
The Fivefold Safety Features Are:
- When the emergency button is pressed, up to five predefined contacts that you choose when setting up the phone will be called until someone answers.
- The phone will automatically go to loudspeaker mode so that communication can be clear and audible despite limited mobility or other issues.
- A pre-prepared emergency SMS text will be sent to an emergency number.
- GPS-enabled phones will provide their coordinates with the emergency call, allowing emergency services to know the exact location of the person pressing the emergency button.
- A loud alarm tone will sound when the emergency button is pressed to help draw the attention of anyone in the vicinity to the emergency situation.
Key Features and Benefits of the Emporia Active
- All points of the menu include detailed and informative help text
- Three megapixel camera and picture messaging capability
- Phone book that can hold up to 1000 contacts
- Can receive contacts via text message
- Sending and receiving text messages is made simple and easy
- Vibrating alert is ideal for people who have limited hearing
- The ringtone volume is highly adjustable for a range of different hearing levels
- There are a number of polyphonic ringtones to choose from
- The handset is clear, loud and the volume is adjustable
- Includes a hands-free mode
- The keypad tones can be turned on or off
- Calculator functionality for assisting with advanced maths
- Includes an alarm clock with a snooze function
- Also includes a calendar to help remember important dates
Is This Phone Dust and Waterproof?
The IP54 rating indicates splash and dust resistance, which means that while this phone isn't suitable to be fully submerged in water, splashes and spills shouldn't affect it. This rating also means it's protected against a build up of dust up to and including anything classified as a limited ingress.
What Kind of SIM Card Does This Mobile Use?
This phone is designed to use a Nano SIM card, the most modern type of SIM that fits the most data into the smallest physical space. The lightweight design of the Nano-SIM allows the phone to be slimmer, more elegant and leaves room for other hardware.
Which Networks Will This Phone Work With?
The Emporia Active is supplied unlocked, meaning that it will work with SIM cards from all major UK mobile networks. Simply place your Nano-SIM card of choice and the phone will do the rest.
Is This Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, this phone has been designed to work with all hearing aids including M4/T4 (the highest standard of hearing aid). The user guide contains all the details necessary for use of the phone with hearing aids.
Where Can I Find More Information?
If you wish to know anything more about this product please click here for access to the user manual.
- GSM: 900/1800
- WCDMA: 900/2100
- FDD LTE: 1/3/7/8/20
- 4G VoLTE
- SIM card type: Nano-SIM
- Dimensions 96.5 x 50.5 x 17.5mm
- Weight: 85g
- Battery: Lithium-ion 3.7 V / 100mAh
- Standby battery time up to 360 hours
- Talk battery time up to 220 minutes
- Display: 2.2" TFT, 176 x 220 pixels
- USB Type-C
- 3 Megapixel camera
- IP54 dust and splash water proof rating