Doro 6530 Extra-Loud Clamshell Mobile Phone
The Doro 6530 Extra-Loud Clamshell Mobile Phone features amplified ringer and receiver volumes, and is also hearing aid compatible to ease telephone calls for individuals with hearing impairments. With built-in GPS you can keep track of vulnerable loved ones, while the backlit keypad, internet connectivity, and camera improve the usability of the phone.
In your mobile phone box you will receive the following:
- 1 x Clamshell Mobile Phone
- 1 x Charging Cradle
- 1 x USB Cable
Please note that a SIM card is NOT included. However, the phone is unlocked, so you can use a micro-SIM card from any network of your choosing.
Who Can Use the Doro 6530 Mobile Phone?
With amplified ringer and receiver volume, the Doro 6530 Phone has been designed to ease the process of taking and making phone calls for individuals with hearing impairments. It is also hearing aid compatible with a rating of T4/M4. Whether you're looking for a mobile phone for yourself or if you're shopping for a loved one, the 6530 phone can help to reconnect you with the people you care about most.
How Loud Is the Doro 6530 Phone?
The Doro 6530 Loud Phone features amplified volume to help to ensure that you never need to miss a phone call again, while also allowing you to hear conversations more clearly. It features the following decibel ratings:
- Ringer Volume: 83dB — If you know too well the feeling of missing phone calls when it rings from the other room, then this extra-loud ringer volume can help to prevent that. If your phone is in one room and you're in another, you're more likely to hear it ringing with an 83dB volume.
- Receiver Volume: 35dB —As extra-loud amplified phones are considered to have a receiver volume of between 25dB and 40dB, this receiver should be loud enough for most individuals with some hearing impairments. You'll be able to hear your loved ones more clearly again, and you don't nee to worry about mishearing any important information.
Is the 6530 Phone Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, the Doro 6530 is compatible with hearing aids. It features a hearing aid compatibility rating of T4/M4.
How Do I Set the Phone Up?
Once you have received your phone, you can use the instruction manual to set it up —the directions are clear and illustrated to help you begin using your new telephone. Please see the PDF below for a digital version of the user manual.
|Doro 6530 User Manual |
Can I Adjust the Volume?
If you find that the volume of the phone at its maximum setting is actually a little too high for you, then you can adjust it. There are seven different volume settings, and you can also control the tone too to find the optimal quality of sound.
Can I Use the Phone with Reduced Vision?
The phone has been designed to be as easy to operate as possible, with a backlit keypad making it easier to dial numbers. It also features a vibrating ringer, which is particularly useful if you worry about missing both the audial and visual alerts when the phone rings.
Is a SIM Card Included?
A SIM card is NOT included. However, the phone is unlocked, so you can use a micro-SIM card from any network of your choosing.
Can I Change the Text Size?
Yes, the text can be altered. If you find that the default text size is too small for you, then this can be adjusted to a larger size.
I'm New to Mobiles — Is the Phone Easy to Use?
If you're browsing for your first mobile phone, then the Doro 6530 Phone may be a suitable option for you. It features large buttons and a clear display, and the detailed user manual can help you to discover all of its useful features.
However, if you would prefer a more basic phone for making and receiving phone calls, then you may prefer to look through our Amplified Mobile Telephones category. Amplified mobile phones range from very basic handsets to more intricate smartphones, so you're sure to find the best phone for you.
How Does the Assistance Button Work?
The assistance button allows you to programme numbers into the phone that can be dialled at the touch of a button. If you need help but do not require the emergency services, then using the assistance button allows you to dial a loved one instantly, sending them a text message and calling them with speakerphone mode activated.
How Long Does the Battery Last?
When the phone is on standby (i.e. not in use), then a full battery charge can last up to 380 hours. If you use the phone frequently for calls, then it can last up to eight hours. When the battery is running low, this will be displayed on the screen to inform you that your phone should be charged at the earliest opportunity.
What Does the External Display Show?
There are two screens on the phone — one on the inside of the clamshell and one on the outside. This outside display shos the time, indicators about missed calls, an alert when the battery is low, and details about any incoming calls.
Does the Phone Have Voicemail?
Yes, the phone has voicemail capabilities built into it. This means that, even if you do happen to miss a phone call, then the caller can leave a message for you to pick up at your convenience.
What Type of Messages Can I Send?
In addition to making and taking phone calls, you can also send and receive messages on the phone. This includes text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), and voice messages.
Can I Block Certain Numbers?
You can prevent certain numbers from contacting you by activating the whitelist. This means that only people stored in your phonebook can get in touch with you. If you are worried about receiving nuisance calls, or if you are concerned that a loved one may receive scam phonecalls, then this feature is particularly useful.
Can I Set Numbers to Speed Dial?
Yes, you can set numbers to speed dial, with the numbers 0 and 2 to 9 being suitable for programming numbers from your phonebook into speed dial. This allows you to contact your main connections in an instant without needing to type out the number or find it in your phonebook.
Can I See a History of Calls Made and Received?
Like standard mobile phones, the Doro 6530 Amplified Phone includes a call log. If you are worried about a vulnerable loved one making or answering phone calls to or from certain numbers, then the call log can help you to keep track of this.
Will My Number Be Displayed to Others?
By default your phone number will be visible to other people when you call them. However, if you wish for this to not be the case, then you can go into the phone's settings to deactivate caller ID. This will prevent your number from showing up to others.
Can I Personalise the Phone?
As a mobile phone is a very personal item, it's important that you can personalise it to your own tastes. The Extra-Loud Doro 6530 Mobile Phone allows you to choose your ringtone from a selection of 22 polyphonic sounds, and you can also change the wallpaper to the one you prefer.
How Much Memory Is On the Phone?
The built-in phone memory of the 6530 allows you to store up to 8MB of data. This is represented as around 450 text messages, but you can also use some of this memory to store photos and other messages. A microSD or microSDHC card (not included) can also be inserted to boost the memory capacity.
Can I Connect My Phone to the Computer?
Yes, the Doro 6530 Mobile Phone can be connected to your computer. Once you have connected it to your computer via the USB cable, you can transfer your pictures, music, and other files to your desktop or laptop.
Which Other Features Are Included?
Allowing you to make the most of your phone, it has been designed with a range of useful features. Please see below for a list of the features included:
- Visual Ring Indicator: The inclusion of a visual alert when the phone rings helps to reduce the risk of calls being missed, as you will be able to see on the screen when a call is incoming.
- Speakerphone: If you need to take phonecalls while you're busy, you can use the speakerphone to use the phone handsfree, allowing you to carry on with your task without needing to miss the call.
- Choice of Ringtones: You can choose between 22 polyphonic ringtones to find the ringtone you like the most, allowing you to personalise your phone to your tastes.
- Camera Function: The Doro 6530 features a built-in 2-megapixel camera. You can use this to take photos and videos of friends, family, and other loved ones, then store them on your phone to help keep a visual record of your memories.
- Emails and Internet Access: The phone is equipped with the ability to connect to the internet, allowing you to send emails or search for information. Please note that the cost of accessing the 3G internet, if you are not connected to WiFi, will depend on the rates of the service provider.
- GPS Integration: GPS allows you to find your way, so if you find yourself in the centre of town and you can't remember which street you need to turn down, then simply input the location into the GPS, and it will automatically detect your location to guide you to where you need to be.
- Torch Feature: A torch is built into the phone, so if you find yourself out later than you had planned to be, or if you're standing by your front door and unable to find your keys in your handbag, then you can activate the torch to help you to see better.
- Bluetooth: With Bluetooth included, you can send and receive photos to those nearby with a Bluetooth-enabled phone. This is great for receiving photos from family occasions to store on your phone for you to browse whenever you'd like to.
- Extra Features: The phone also includes a calculator, a selection of games, a calendar, daily reminders, and the ability to make notes.
- Display Size: 58 x 43mm
- Resolution Display: 320 x 240 QVGA
- Standby Time: Up to 380 hours
- GSM: 900/1800/1900
- Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 380 hours
- Battery Type: 800mAh Li-ion
- Phone Weight: 108g
- Handset Size: 103.9 x 551.1 x 19.2mm