Doro 5516 Mobile Phone for the Hard of Hearing
For the elderly or the hard of hearing, standard mobile phones can be difficult to use and not loud enough to help you maintain a conversation, making it harder for you to stay in touch with friends and family. The Doro 5516 Mobile Phone for the Hard of Hearing has been developed for maximum ease of use, with a simple classic design, a loud receiver volume and an easy-to-use camera.
- Receiver Volume: Up to 35dB
- Ringing Volume (at 1m): Up to 83dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- SOS emergency function
- Camera included
How Loud Is This Mobile Phone?
The Doro 5516 features a loud 35dB receiver volume, making phone conversations easier for the hard of hearing. Additionally, tone control helps you adjust the sound output to best match your hearing needs.
On top of the louder volume, the phone is also hearing aid compatible for maximum clarity of sound. The phone also features an extra loud ringer at 83dB (measured at one metre), helping you ensure that you can hear it ringing more easily.
Does It Include a SIM Card?
No, the Doro 5516 Mobile Phone is not supplied with a SIM card. This enables you to transfer your existing SIM card over to the new phone, which has the advantage of keeping the same telephone number. If the card is subscribed to a pay-as-you-go service, then you also benefit from being able to carry over any credit that had been paid on that card.
Can I Use the SIM Card from My Old Mobile?
The Doro 5516 Mobile Phone accepts only micro SIM or 3FF SIM cards. As long as your existing SIM card is a micro SIM card or a 3FF SIM card, you can safely use it with this phone. If you're not sure if your SIM card is the right one, we recommend reading this short guide on SIM cards.
What If I Don't Have a SIM Card?
Any high street mobile phone shop will be able to provide you with a SIM card. Some of the major supermarket chains also provide mobile phone services and can supply a SIM card.
Does It Include a Memory Card?
The Doro 5516 Mobile Phone can be equipped with the following items, which are not included with this purchase:
- 1 x SIM card (required)
- 1 x Memory card (optional)
The memory card is recommended to provide space for your photographs and other multimedia content, as well as for storing your SOS messages, phone book and more. Please note that compatible card types include microSD and microSDHC card.
Will This Mobile Phone Work with My Hearing Aid?
Yes, this mobile is hearing aid compatible. The standard for hearing aid compatibility contains two types of ratings:
- M-Mode: To use your hearing aid in this mode, make sure that the hearing aid is set to "M" mode, or acoustic coupling mode, and position the phone receiver near the built-in microphone on the hearing aid.
- T-Mode: To use your hearing aid in this mode, make sure that the hearing aid is set to "T" mode, or telecoil coupling mode. Please note that not all hearing aids have this mode.
How Easy To Use Is This Mobile?
The simple and classic design of the Doro 5516 makes it ideal for elderly users. A large, bright and clear 2.4-inch screen makes the menus easy to read and navigate, and the 300 phone book positions are perfect for keeping all your important contacts at your fingertips.
Additionally, the phone features high contrast keys that make recognition and pressing easier. To aid use even further, the buttons are widely spaced apart, making each individual key easier to hit correctly.
Does the Doro 5516 Include a Camera?
To help you take great photos while out and about, the Doro 5516 features a 2 megapixel camera built in. Incredibly easy to use, the camera not only enables you to take great photos but also share them thanks to the built-in MMS capability that enables you to send images over text.
How Does the Assistance Button Work?
To help you get the help you need in an emergency, the Doro 5516 features an Assistance button. When activated, the phone sends an emergency text message to all numbers in a list, and starts dialling the numbers one at a time to help you get help fast. On top of this, the button automatically activates speakerphone, which is vital if you're unable to hold the phone to your ear.
Where Can I Learn More About the Doro 5516 Mobile Phone?
You can learn more about the Doro 5516 Mobile Phone has to offer by viewing the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
More Features and Benefits
- Simple classic design makes it incredibly easy to use
- Louder receiver volume is great for the hard of hearing
- Tone control makes sounds easier to hear
- High contrast keys are spaced out for easier recognition
- Large and clear display for greater clarity and usability
- Emergency assistance button provides extra safety
- Visual ring indicator is ideal for the visually impaired
- Includes an easy-to-use camera
- Optional display modes optimised for the visually impaired
- Back-lit keypad, games, calendar, calculator, weather, FM-radio
- Supplied with a 12-month manufacturer's warranty
- Maximum Receiving Volume: 35dB
- Maximum Ringer Volume: 83dB
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: T4/M3
- Phone Book Positions: 300
- Call Log Positions: 60
- Volume Settings: 7
- Headset Outlet: 3.5mm
- Camera Resolution: 2 megapixels
- Video Recording: 3gp
- Weight (including batteries): 91g
- Dimensions: 124 x 48 x 11.5mm
- Display Size: 2.4"
- Display Dimensions (HxW): 49 x 36mm
- Battery Included: 800mAh Li-ion
- Talk Time: Up to 8h
- Standby Time: Up to 3 weeks
- AC Adaptor: 5V/550mA
- Polyphonic Ringtones: 20
- Ringer Volume Settings: 7
- SAR (body): 1.735
- 3G (bands): UMTS Band 1 (2100), Band 8 (900)
- GSM (band): 900/1800/1900
- Memory Card Type: Micro-SD (32GB)
- SAR (head): 1.029
- Bluetooth Version: 2.1