Bellman Visit Flash Receiver for the Hard of Hearing
For the hard of hearing, everyday tasks such as knowing when to answer the doorbell or telephone can prove difficult. This makes maintaining awareness of activity in and around the home a struggle, something frustrating and even dangerous.
The Bellman Visit Flash Receiver for the Hard of Hearing is for use as part of a system of transmitters and receivers, designed to alert the hard of hearing to various alerts in the home. Different signals can be set for different reasons so you are always aware of the nature of the notification, whether this is an incoming call, or something more urgent like the sounding of your fire alarm.
How Does the Visit Flash Receiver Work?
The device uses radio signals to receive information from your existing Bellman transmitters and alert you if anything has been triggered. The Flash Receiver does so by emitting bright flashing lights, and the settings can be customised to distinguish between individual alerts.
So, if you have several transmitters for different triggers, your receiver can process this and ensure that the reason for the indication is evident. As such, you only need one receiver device to keep you connected to your space.
Features and Benefits of the Flash Receiver
The Flash Receiver works in unison with your transmitter to deliver fantastic results and has a number of features which enable this:
- Flashing, multi-coloured LED lights – signals are clearly identified for the hard of hearing to detect
- Radio key allows reliable use even in close proximity to other Bellman Visit System devices
- Wireless transmission with operating range of 200m – non-restrictive
- Customisable signals – individual alerts can be set so you are aware of the nature of the indication
- Rotating flash head – can point the device in the required direction or turn it away if the flashing is too bright
- Advanced programming available to provide additional options – for those who require more specific signal patterns
- Activation via radio signals from Bellman Visit System transmitters or via direct connection to an analogue telephone socket
- Can connect to a BE1270 Bellman Bed Shaker if you require vibration alerts, for instance when sleeping
- Mains power: 7.5V DC/ 1500mA with power supply unit. BE9216 (Europe), BE9217 (United Kingdom)
- Active power consumption: 1250mA
- Idle power consumption: 10μA
- Radio frequency: 868.3MHz
- Number of radio keys: 64 standard expandable to 256
- Coverage: 200m (with clear line of sight)
- Radio activation: Bellman Visit Transmitters
- Analogue telephone activation: 26 - 120V RMS, 15 - 100Hz
- Mobile phone/tablet activation: connect the BE9251 Mobile Phone Sensor (accessory) to the dedicated input on the Flash Receiver
- Built-in flash light signal: ~30 Candela
- Bed Shaker vibrator power: 2.0 - 4.0VDC
- Dimensions Ø x H: 70x145mm
- Weight: 300g
- Colour: white
The Flash Receiver is designed for indoor use only and is for use alongside an existing Bellman transmitter.
Warning - flashes can cause epileptic attacks.