Amplicomms TV2500 Wireless Amplified TV Listener Headset
For the hard of hearing it can be difficult to enjoy watching TV without having the volume so loud that it disrupts other viewers who are not hearing impaired. A great accessory for hard of hearing individuals, the Amplicomms TV2500 Wireless Amplified TV Listener Headset is the perfect solution for those who are hard of hearing but who still enjoy a few hours in front of the box.
What's Included with the Purchase?
- 1 x Receiver with rubber earbuds size Large
- 1 x Transmitter base
- 1 x AC adaptor for the transmitter
- 2 x Rechargeable batteries for the receiver (Lithium Polymer)
- 1 x Optical TOSLINK Digital Audio cable
- 1 x Analogue audio cable (both ends with 3.5mm stereo plug)
- 1 x Adaptor cable (RCA) for analogue audio cable
- 1 x Adaptor plug for 6.3mm to 3.5mm for analogue audio cable
- 1 x External microphone with holder and adaptor plug for analogue audio cable
- 1 x Additional pair of rubber earbuds size Small
- 1 x User guide
Why Should I Use the Amplified TV Listener?
The TV2500 is a wireless amplified stethoset receiver, ideal for personal amplification of various sound sources, including TVs, HiFis, iPod/iPhones and CD/MP3 Players. Because it uses a headset rather than speaker, the TV2500 won't disturb other viewers, enabling you to get the loudest sound that's right for you while enabling them to keep the TV volume at a level that's right for them. Moreover, the microphone on the side of the transmitters allows you to use the receiver as an assistive listening device, amplifying your surroundings.
Which Devices Are Compatible with the TV2500 TV Listener?
The TV2500 TV Listener was designed to be used to transmit audio signals from an audio source, most often a TV set, using cordless transmission. Because it uses standard 3.5mm and TOSLINK connections, the TV2500 can be used with a range of other audio devices as well, such as:
- Hi-Fi Systems
- CD/MP3 Players
Can I Use the TV2500 for Better Hearing My Surroundings?
Yes, the TV2500 is more than just another TV listener; you can use the receiver as an assistive listening device. The microphone opening at the side of the receiver picks up the sounds of your surroundings. When the microphone is switched on, you will hear your surroundings louder, for example the door bell, telephone, or a normal conversation.
How Does the TV2500 Wireless Amplified TV Listener Work?
The loud sound provided by the TV2500 makes for clearer TV audio for hearing impaired users. The headset volume goes as loud as 120dB, providing incredibly loud sound which is much easier to hear than standard TV speakers or headphones. What's more, the headset provides incredibly crisp and sharp audio thanks to the 2.4GHz wireless transmission, which is aided by a host of audio inputs, including a 3.5mm and even an Optical TOSLINK socket for precise audio input.
Is the Headset Completely Wireless?
The TV2500 headset is totally wireless, providing you with an incredible level of flexibility in use. You can sit anywhere in the room and get exactly the same audio quality wherever you are. To ensure the best user experience, the headset has been designed to be as comfortable to wear as possible – ideal for longer periods in front of the box for a film or TV binge!
How Do I Set Up the TV Listener?
This TV Listener is very easy to set up, and doesn't require any professional help. In the first step, connect the transmitter to your desired audio device:
- Connect the power adaptor to the DC IN input socket.
- Connect the power adaptor (included) to an electrical outlet.
- Connect the transmitter to your audio source. Choose between RCA adaptor cable, audio cable, 6.3 mm to 3.5 mm adaptor plug and an external microphone, which are all included with this purchase so you can connect the transmitter to virtually any device.
- If your audio source has an optical audio output (TOSLINK/S-PDIF), connect the two devices with the included optical TOSLINK digital audio cable. Please note that only one input must be connected.
Secondly, set up the receiver by installing and charging the battery for 2 hours and 30 minutes before first use. Lastly, register the receiver:
- Turn off the transmitter if it is on.
- Disconnect the audio source input.
- Turn on the headset, at which point the LED indicator will be flashing on and off slowly.
- Press the MIC button and hold for three seconds.
- Turn on the transmitter immediately.
- If registration is successful, you will hear a short confirmation tone in the headset, and the green light on the headset will automatically stop flashing and will light constantly.
- Reconnect the audio source input.
To learn more about the TV2500 Wireless Amplified TV Listener Headset, please view the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
Is the TV2500 Wireless Amplified TV Listener Headset Difficult to Operate?
Not at all. The TV2500 Wireless Amplified TV Listener was designed to be suitable for use even by the technically less savvy users:
- Switch on the audio source. The green indicator LED on the transmitter will glow constantly.
- Switch the On/Off switch on the headset receiver to On position.
- Flex the head set arms outwards until the ear buds can be inserted in the ear.
- Adjust the tone clarity setting if necessary.
How Is the TV2500 Headset Powered?
The transmitter needs to be plugged into the mains at all times, while the receiver is powered by two rechargeable batteries. To charge the receiver battery, place the receiver into the charging cradle of the transmitter, and the charging process will start automatically.
Do I Have to Remove My Hearing Aid to Use This Product?
Yes, this system is designed with a headset that fits snugly in your ears, meaning you must remove your hearing aid for proper use. If you would rather use a system that transmits an audio signal directly to your hearing aid, we recommend a neckloop system like the Sonumaxx 2.4 PR Headset System with Neckloop.
What Warranty Does the TV2500 Wireless TV Listener Headset Have?
For extra peace of mind, the TV2500 Wireless TV Listener Headset is supplied with a two-year manufacturer's warranty.
Features of the Amplicomms TV2500 Wireless Amplified TV Listener Headset
- Digital Optical audio input for brilliant stereo sound quality
- Superior comfort for long-term use
- Sensitive built-in microphone enables hearing surrounding close proximity area
- Option to mute sound source when surrounding communication occurs
- Stereo transmission earphones deliver CD quality life-like stereo sounds direct to your ears
- Easy to use adjustable volume control
- Adjustable tone control and balance for optimal personal hearing
- Completely wireless – easy plug-and-play connection
- Rechargeable receiver with speed charging mechanism and simultaneous spare battery recharge
- Auto Off function when no audio signal is played
- Supplied with external microphone and attachment
- Transmission Mode: UHF stereo
- Carrier Frequency: 2.4GHz Digital
- Range: Up to 30m (indoors)
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 20KHz
- Maximum Volume: 120dB
- Distortion: <0.5%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >75dB
- Operating Voltage (Transmitter): 5 VDC, 550mA
- Operating Voltage (Receiver): 3.7V, 350mA Lithium Polymer Battery
- Operation Time: Up to 5 hours
- Charging Time: Approximately 2.5 hours
- Receiver Weight: 53g
- Transmitter Weight: 115g