Amplicomms TV200 Wireless Amplified Headset
Many people, particularly the elderly and the hard of hearing, require audio to be transmitted at a greater volume. The Amplicomms TV200 Wireless Amplified Headset enables wearers to amplify the volume of televisions for a personal amplified listening experience.
What's Included with the Purchase?
- 1 x Receiver
- 1 x Transmitter base
- 1 x Additional pair of rubber ear buds
- 1 x Audio cable (both ends with 3.5mm stereo plug)
- 1 x Adaptor plug 3.5/6.3mm
- 1 x Adaptor cable (RCA)
- 1 x AC adaptor for the transmitter
- 1 x User guide
Why Should I Use the Amplified Headset?
The TV200 is a wireless amplified stethoset receiver, ideal for personal amplification of various sound sources, including TVs, HiFis, iPod/iPhones and CD/MP3 Players. Because it uses a headset rather than speaker, the TV200 won't disturb other viewers, enabling you to get the loudest sound that's right for you while enabling them to keep the TV volume at a level that's right for them. Moreover, the microphone on the side of the transmitters allows you to use the receiver as an assistive listening device, amplifying your surroundings.
Which Devices Are Compatible with the TV200?
The TV200 Wireless Amplified Headset was designed to be used to transmit audio signals from an audio source, most often a TV set, using cordless transmission. Because it uses standard 3.5mm connection, the TV200 can be used with a range of other audio devices as well, such as:
- Hi-Fi Systems
- CD/MP3 Players
Can I Use the TV2500 for Better Hearing My Surroundings?
Yes, the TV200 is more than just another TV listener; you can use the receiver as an assistive listening device. The microphone opening at the side of the receiver picks up the sounds of your surroundings. When the microphone is switched on, you will hear your surroundings louder, for example the door bell, telephone, or a normal conversation.
How Loud Is the TV200 Headset?
The TV200 Headset can be adjusted to up to 112dB, enabling you to control the volume to a level that is comfortable and audible. The sound is transmitted wirelessly via infrared technology, with a range of up to seven metres. With adjustable rubber ear cup headphones and a lightweight stetoset design, you can be more comfortable without the need to sit closer to or increase the original sound source. This makes it the ideal solution for households in which there are both people that are hard of hearing and others that are not.
Is the Headset Completely Wireless?
Yes, the TV200 headset is totally wireless, providing you with an incredible level of flexibility in use. You can sit anywhere in the room and get exactly the same audio quality wherever you are. To ensure the best user experience, the headset has been designed to be as comfortable to wear as possible.
How Do I Set Up the TV200?
This TV Listener is very easy to set up, and doesn't require any professional help. In the first step, connect the transmitter to your desired audio device:
- Connect the power adaptor to the DC IN input socket located on the transmitter rear panel, and connect the power adaptor to an electrical outlet.
- Connect the transmitter with the audio source using the audio cable (included).
- Slide the power-on switch on the rear side of the transmitter to the position On.
Secondly, set up the receiver by installing and charging the battery for approximately 2 hours before first use. Then:
- Take the receiver from the cradle and switch it on.
- Switch on the audio device
- Flex the headset arms outwards until the ear buds can be inserted in the ear. Gently press the ear buds further into the ear to find a comfortable position for the ear buds, and an ideal sound for the sound.
To learn more about the TV200 Wireless Amplified Headset, please view the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
How Is the TV200 Wireless Amplified Headset Powered?
The transmitter needs to be plugged into the mains at all times, while the receiver is powered by two rechargeable batteries. To charge the receiver battery, place the receiver into the charging cradle of the transmitter, and the charging process will start automatically.
Do I Have to Remove My Hearing Aid to Use This Product?
Yes, this system is designed with a headset that fits snugly in your ears, meaning you must remove your hearing aid for proper use. If you would rather use a system that transmits an audio signal directly to your hearing aid, we recommend a neckloop system like the Sonumaxx 2.4 PR Headset System with Neckloop.
What Warranty Does the TV200 Wireless Amplified Headset Have?
For extra peace of mind, the TV200 Wireless Amplified Headset is supplied with a two-year manufacturer's warranty.
Features of the TV200 Wireless Amplified Headset
- Ensures superior, long-term comfort
- Extra loud volume, adjustable up to 112dB
- Sensitive built-in microphone enables hearing close proximity areas
- Mute sound source when surrounding microphone is activated
- Easy-to-use adjustable volume control
- Adjustable tone control for optimising sound quality
- Completely wireless in-room solution
- Easy plug-and-play connection
- Rechargeable built-in battery with up to 9h of use
- Transmission Mode: FM
- Carrier Frequency: 2.3/2.8MHz
- Range: Up to Up to 7m (indoors)
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 10KHz
- Distortion: Approximately 1%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >48dB
- Operating Voltage (Transmitter): 12 VDC, 1A
- Operating Voltage (Receiver): 3.7V, 350mA Lithium Polymer Battery
- Operation Time: Up to 9 hours