Amplicomms PowerTel M7000i Amplified Mobile Phone
A mobile phone can be an important lifeline for the elderly and the hard of hearing, enabling them to keep in touch with loved ones and providing them with a means to get help in case of an emergency. The Amplicomms PowerTel M7000i Amplified Mobile Phone is designed to be incredibly easy to use, making it the ideal choice for anyone struggling with using a standard mobile phone.
- Receiver Volume: Up to 35dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- SIM card NOT included
- Dimensions: 104 x 52.5 x 18mm (when closed)
What's Included with This Purchase?
- 1 x Mobile phone
- 1 x Lithium-Ion battery
- 1 x Desktop charging unit
- 1 x Power adaptor plug
- 1 x Operating manual
How Loud Is This Amplified Mobile Phone?
To enable the hard of hearing to properly hear phone conversations, the PowerTel M7000i features an incredibly loud 35dB receiver volume. This provides a clear and easy-to-hear sound with less than 5% distortion. Tone control enables the sound to be adjusted to suit those with high or low frequency hearing loss. Alongside this is an incredibly loud 90dB ringer, which helps to ensure that the phone can easily be heard ringing.
Does This Mobile Include a SIM Card?
No, the PowerTel M7000i Amplified Mobile Phone is supplied without a SIM card. This enables you to transfer your existing SIM card over to the new phone, which has the advantage of keeping the same telephone number. If the card is subscribed to a pay-as-you-go service, then you also benefit from being able to carry over any credit that has been paid on the card.
What If I Don't Have a SIM Card?
Any high street mobile phone shop will be able to provide you with a SIM card. Some of the major supermarket chains also provide mobile phone services and can supply a SIM card.
Can I Use the SIM Card from My Old Mobile Phone?
Yes, as long as the SIM card is less than three years old. Some old SIM cards, however, are not compatible with this amplified mobile phone, as they are from an earlier generation of SIM card design.
Can I Use a SIM Card from Any Mobile Company?
Yes, the PowerTel M7000i is what is termed as an open SIM card phone, and is not restricted to any particular service provider or mobile phone. You can easily insert your existing SIM, or purchase a new one, and start using your new amplified telephone.
What Network Does This Mobile Work With?
This phone works on 2G only. It is not 3G enabled, and will therefore not work with the 3 network in the UK.
Is This Mobile Suitable for Those with Dementia?
The PowerTel M7000i features a very simplistic design that is easy to navigate. Moreover, it allows the user to set up three speed dial buttons, making sure certain contacts are always at hand's reach, and even features a one-click SOS button that can be crucial in case of an emergency.
How Does the SOS Button Work?
The SOS button is located on the rear side of the phone. When the automatic SOS call starts, you will hear a siren tone. If you've set five emergency numbers, the following will happen:
- The first phone number will be dialled.
- If the first emergency contact doesn't answer, the next phone number will be dialled, and so on. All phone numbers will be called one by one subsequently.
- If you have only set one phone number, the phone will only call that number cyclically.
The process will be repeated as long as the phone's battery is not empty. The process stops as soon as somebody answers the call, and your emergency voice message is played.
Is This Mobile Suitable for the Visually Impaired?
The large keypad on the PowerTel M7000i makes it incredibly easy to use. The large keys are easier to press, and the bigger markings make it easier to see what each button is and does – ideal for users with reduced eyesight. They're even illuminated, making them easy to see in almost any light condition.
What Warranty Does the PowerTel M7000i Have?
For your peace of mind, the PowerTel M7000i Amplified Mobile Telephone is supplied with a two-year manufacturer's warranty.
Where Can I Learn More About the PowerTel M7000i Amplified Mobile Phone?
You can learn more about how to set up and use this mobile by viewing the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
- Extra loud receiver and ringing volume
- SOS button with five emergency contacts
- High resolution LCD display
- Three speed dial buttons, M1, M2 and M3
- Storage of up to 300 names and numbers in the address book
- Extra bright LEDs can be used as a torch and calling signal
- M4/T4 hearing aid compatible
- Bluetooth version 3.0
- Wireless transmission to Bluetooth devices, such as headsets
- Optional announcement of up to 10 names for incoming calls
- Extra loud speakerphone
- Tone control with high/low frequencies
- Headset connection with 3.5mm mini jack
- Menu in 12 languages: DE, GB, FR, ES, IT, NL, TR, PT, SE, DK, NO, FIN
- Quadband GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Continuous talk time of up to seven hours
- Stand-by time of up to eight days
- Battery: 900mAh
- Weight including battery: Approximately 99g