Amplicomms PowerTel 2884 Amplified Telephone with Four Cordless Handsets
If you want to enjoy the benefits of having a corded and a cordless telephone, this phone combo could be just what you've been looking for. The Amplicomms PowerTel 2884 Amplified Telephone with Four Cordless Handsets includes an extra loud corded telephone, plus four amplified cordless handsets, all which can be turned up to a volume eight times louder than a standard telephone.
- Receiver Volume: Up to 40dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Power cord for corded base
- Caller ID
What's Included with This Package?
This package was put together to help you make any home friendly to the hard of hearing and the elderly. It includes a corded telephone base, plus four additional cordless handsets that you can set up in different areas of the house, ensuring a phone is always at hand's reach:
Click on their names to learn more about the individual products.
How Loud Is This Telephone System?
The corded base and all cordless handsets have been designed to provide improved control over both the ringer and receiver volume. There are six volume levels, in addition to a mute function, allowing the user to adjust the receiver volume up to 40dB and the ringer volume up to 90dB. There is also a choice of ten ringtones for optimal hearing.
Does the PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone Include an Answering Machine?
This combo set includes a corded telephone with an integrated digital answering machine, and three cordless handsets. The integrated answering machine records up to approximately 30 minutes. Playback of messages or vocal memos can be slowed down by pressing the "Slow" key, and you can listen to messages using either the handset or a tabletop unit.
Does This Phone Need to Be Plugged Into the Mains?
The base of this amplified telephone needs to be plugged into the mains, while the cordless handsets run on rechargeable batteries, which are included with this purchase. To connect the base unit:
- Plug the connector on the cable end into the corresponding jack on the underside of the base, and plug the power adaptor into the wall socket.
- Plug the small connector on the end of the telephone line cord into the corresponding jack on the base, and plug the other end into the telephone jack.
- Connect the receiver with the telephone using the coiled receiver cord.
To connect the cordless handset:
- Open the battery compartment and plug the battery pack connector firmly into the jack.
- Place the supplied rechargeable battery, and tuck the wires inside the battery compartment.
- Slide the battery compartment cover towards the centre of the handset, until it clicks into place.
- For a full charge, the handset must be left in the charger for at least 16 hours.
How Easy to Use Is the PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone Combo?
As well as providing greater audio control, the PowerTel 2880 Combo offers improved usability. The large back lit buttons reduce the risk of numbers being mis-dialled, while the blue back lit display screens makes it easier to read both dialled and incoming numbers.
The visual alert provided by the LCD screens provides an additional prompt for incoming calls. This means that users, particularly individuals with reduced hearing, will be less likely to miss a call as the bright screen can catch their attention when in eyeshot.
Does the PowerTel Include a Digital Phonebook?
Yes, the PowerTel Amplified Telephone features a phonebook that is able to store up to 100 numbers at a time. This allows you to keep all of your contacts at the ready for contact at a moment's notice.
What Is the Range of the Handset?
The exact working range of the handset from the base will depend on several factors including building materials and wall thickness. The working range can be as long as 300 meters in an open air outdoor environment, while indoors the estimated range is roughly 50 meters.
Can I Wall Mount This Phone?
Yes, this phone can be wall-mounted. In order to mount the base unit to a wall, you will need two dowels and two screws (preferably fillister-head with a diameter of 4mm). Please use caution and be aware of all electrical wires and water pipes before drilling.
Can I Connect More Cordless Handsets to This Base?
The PowerTel 2880 allows you to connect a total of four additional handsets. This means that in this case, with four handsets already included, you can't connect any more handsets.
How Do I Pair My PowerTel 2880 With an Extra 2701 Handset?
To pair your Amplicomms PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone with an Amplicomms PowerTel 2701 Cordless Handset, simply follow these instructions:
- Power-on the base of the main unit, as well as the base of the 2701 handset (DON'T place the 2701 handset in the cradle yet. This should be done in Step 6).
- Set the date and time on the base of the main 2880 unit.
- On the main 2880 unit, press the last button in the top row of keys (denoted by three dashes as seen below).
- Using the arrow keys in the centre of the top row of keys, scroll until you get to "Settings".
- Enter "Settings" and select "Registration". The base will now be in Registration Mode.
- Place the 2701 handset in the cradle base (as mentioned in Step 1).
- Wait 8 - 10 seconds, and the 2701 handset will register that it is fully paired with a beep.
- Combined corded telephone and cordless handsets for versatile use around the home
- Corded handset ideal for fixing to one place for familiarity in the home
- Cordless handsets can be carried around the house wherever required
- Built-in answering machine stores up to 30 minutes of messages for peace of mind
- High-definition HD DSL sound with low distortion and high amplification
- Compatible with hearing aids to ensure reliable and flexible use
- Amplified receiver volume of up to 40dB with a ringer volume of up to 90dB
- Six volume levels with a choice of ten standard ringtones for more tailored ringer
- Four-line extra-large point matrix display screen with blue back light for easier viewing
- Large keys with blue back light for easier dialling of numbers
- Built-in equaliser with four settings for greater audio control
- Visual alert for incoming calls helps reduce risks of calls being missed
- Caller ID presentation (CLIP) with a capacity to store the last 50 callers
- Telephone book for storing up to 100 numbers for quicker and easier calling
- Redial function for the ten most recent numbers
- Power Supply Corded Phone:
- Input: 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC, 450mA
- Power Supply Charger Base:
- Input: 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC, 450mA
- Outdoor: 300m
- Indoor: 50m
- Standby: Up to 100h
- Maximum Talk Time: Up to 10h
- Maximum Earpiece Volume: 40dB
- Rechargeable Battery Pack: 2.4V, 500mAh NiMh
- Display Screen Size: Approximately 40 x 32mm
- Menu Languages: GB, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT, TR
- PABX compatible
- Hearing aid compatible (ETS 300381)